Customizing Indy Figures

Lance Quazar

SO sorry to hear about your injury. How dreadful.

This WIP looks typically incredible!

Here's to a speedy recovery so we can get those nimble fingers back in the customizing game!

Best wishes!!!!

hemble

Hi All

I've just finished going thru the section and have to say there is alot of excepetional talent here from Glorbes, Lance Quazar, Luke Sprywalker, inky_skin just to name a few.

I've been so inspired of what you guys/gals have done thanks so much for showing all your great works, and Spry totally amaizng work on the guides my friend 10/10.

Ron

inky_skin

Glad to have you on board hemble- I'm a long time admirer of your work. Now you'll have all the customisers here looking over our shoulders ;)

hemble

Hi All

inky_skin wrote
Glad to have you on board hemble- I'm a long time admirer of your work. Now you'll have all the customisers here looking over our shoulders

Thanks mate it's great to be here and so goes here I've been a long time admirer of your customs as well there very insprational to say the least.

I just hope this thread keeps going I it was'nt for the fan/customizers indy would be dead.

Ron

vf wing

Luke, that is some exceptional detail you put into those guides! I can't believe that's not a 12-inch figure I'm seeing.

Careful with those exactos, man! Hope those fingers heal up soon!

Luke Sprywalker

hemble said:
Hi All

I just hope this thread keeps going I it was'nt for the fan/customizers indy would be dead.

Ron

You are soooooooooo right, Ron.

It has been a great weekend for me. I got up early this morning and completed 2 commissions that needed minor details and sealing. Then I finished the second Peruvian Guide and a bit of work on the statues/idols for the dio. I also put a few more fern leaves in and added the low tropical foliage. Here are a few pics...

DSC_0002-13.jpg

DSC_0005-17.jpg

DSC_0006-16.jpg

DSC_0007-14.jpg

And now Guido and Juakeen...

DSC_0008-9.jpg

DSC_0009-12.jpg

DSC_0010-11.jpg

hemble

Totally awesome work mate you have done one hell of a job with it and the figures really add that extra realism 10/10.

Ron

Very cool, much better than Hasbro...they can't seem to get soft goods right at this scale.

I hope me schedule frees up so I can finish (and start) the rest of my customs. I have one simple but fun one I want to do soon...

that Star Wars Mara Jade might be a lil harder to find at this point...wait for a Toysrus sale that is bound to happen on overstocked GI Joe figs and snag the Scarlett!:)

inky_skin

featofstrength said:
that Star Wars Mara Jade might be a lil harder to find at this point...wait for a Toysrus sale that is bound to happen on overstocked GI Joe figs and snag the Scarlett!:)

Thanks - but as that's my custom, I already have the Mara Jade head :) I was just remarking that all I need is the Scarlett head so I can swap it out. Not sure which I prefer though.

inky_skin

Soooo...it's been a while since I've posted anything new. However, I figured I better get these out there before Hasbro decides to produce their own versions :)

Mac and Indy (Crystal Skull)

indy_mac.jpg

Lance Quazar

Wow! SO great seeing more work from you!

Mac is another phenomenal figure! The details are extraordinary!

The only problem is that he looks too trim and too dashing to really be Mac from the film. Not that I don't love Ray Winstone, but this figure doesn't immediately evoke his character.....

This guy could almost be any generic friend or foe from the Indy verse.

inky_skin

Lance Quazar said:
The only problem is that he looks too trim and too dashing to really be Mac from the film.

Perhaps this was back in his days in Berlin, before he became a gambling alcoholic :) ?

The previous attempts I've seen at this figure kinda go the other way (making him way too fat by using a Porkins body etc). He's a little fuller than Indy and the stubble works in his favour, but point taken Lance...