Does anyone else keep finding themselves watching the originals?

Which Movie Do You Watch The Most (Or Book Do You Read)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mutt-Jones III

I personally can't stop watching Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I also can't stop reading the book for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. :whip:

Turtle

I keep watching The Last Crusade. The reason is I'm always in the mood to watch Indy, but there's other things I want to do at the same time. Were I to watch Raiders, I would end up paying attention it it and nothing would get done.

indytim

I've watched Raiders about once a month since Christmas 1983 when my parents bought it for me on VHS. I actually kept a count of how many times I'd watched it way back then but stopped at 350!!! I've no idea how many times I've seen it since then :confused:

LostArk

Sometimes I put on one of the movies to watch a certain scene and I end up watching the whole thing. Happened with Crusade yesterday.

Turtle

LostArk said:
Sometimes I put on one of the movies to watch a certain scene and I end up watching the whole thing. Happened with Crusade yesterday.

Happens to me a lot too. Just a quick check, normally to hear a line or something, and I end up sitting through the whole film. That's quite a rare thing to happen to me... I think it only happens with Indy.

jtobin13

making of

i watch making of raidrs once a week or so i have 2 copies of it as well as raiders.john

Mrs_Fedora

Same here, i started with LC, then TOD and last ROTLA. And i started again last week with LC... (D*mn! i have to find myself a hobby! ;) )

But what the heck, i'm in an Indy mood the last weeks, so who cares? :D

Stevens25

I could watch "Raiders" over and over again. I love the truck chase,the opening of the Ark and it,of course has my favorite villain(Toht). It also has a creepiness factor to it that the other films don't.

Benraianajones

I think I've probably watched Temple of Doom the most, I am glad Crystal Skull was released. Now I have 4 Indy films to cycle through on my lonely evenings!

Agent Z

Mutt-Jones III said:
I also can't stop reading the book for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. :whip:

I'm getting my copy in today from Amazon and I can't wait to start on it! :D

As for the original trilogy, I find that I go back to Raiders and Temple at pretty much the same rate, usually a handful of times a year.

If I watch any film, I watch it from the beginning and all the way through, uninterrupted. I was never one of those people who could just skip around a film or catch it at midpoint on a cable station and watch. I make it an event and kill the phones and the lights and really get into it. :whip:

Crusade is the one that I revisit the least. I like some of the comedy, but it feels so light at times, with the action scenes the least interesting of the four films.

When Kingdom hits dvd, I can see myself watching it from time to time. The film is so over the top at certain points, and is so crammed full, that I find it hard to walk away from it unsatisfied at the end. I guess it veers dangerously close to the "guilty pleasure" tag, but doesn't quite get all the way there in that respect. Still, a fun film for me. :)

DarthMickey

Raiders of the lost Ark

Raiders yes yes yes.It sometimes shows up at a classic movie theater in my town as well.The theater is like a castle on the inside and is about 80 years old.When that film plays there..oh yeah thats a good day.:hat:

Kyle

I'm also reading The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Good stuff :)
Whenever its a rainy day...just pop in one of the Indy movies. If I' watching it with someone else, I usually just ask them which one THEY wanna watch, because I've seen them all TOO many times lol

:hat:

Benraianajones

Agent Z said:
Crusade is the one that I revisit the least. I like some of the comedy, but it feels so light at times, with the action scenes the least interesting of the four films.

That's interesting, I don't see it as a "light" movie, but not dark either. Just has a mysterious feel to me, I also watch LC the least - but not because I dislike it or anything. It seems like a "chore" to watch - UNTIL I put it on, then realise how much I love it. The soundtrack is great, and there is plenty going off on it. Actually, I've learned to appreciate each Indiana film more, with the release of Crystal Skull.