Stetson Temple Reblock

fenris

My Stetson Temple finally arrived as my wife returned home from the US on the 15th.

I was excited to see my new hat... opened the box, looked the hat over and put it on. Looked in the mirror and was shocked! :shock:

The factory bash really looked tapered! My first thoughts as I looked in the mirror with the hat on was, "DUNCE CAP!!!"

Last night, I decided that I needed to reblock the hat to suit my tastes. Again, this was just a semi-reblock, not a full one. I'm still not confident I could put back the sweatband in if I tried a full reblock.

Here it is on my foam block:
Stetson_Temple_Semi_Reblock.jpg

Here it is this morning after removing it from the block and re-bashing it:
Stetson_Temple_Reblocked01.jpg

Here it is beside my FedIV...
Stetson_Temple_Reblocked02.jpg

In this pic it's obvious that the Temple's ribbon is a bit wider than the FedIV's. Maybe if I replace the ribbon with a thinner one, the hat would look taller. Perhaps a light gray ribbon would be nice... :-k

The hat still isn't as straight-sided as an Indy hat, but at least it doesn't look like a dunce cap when seen from the front. Big improvement I would say... :lol:

Also, the dye didn't run when I dunked the hat in a pail and held it there for a few minutes until the water seeped inside the hat's crown.

Here are a few more shots of the hat after I had ironed the brim to get the brim break back because it relaxed too much from all the pulling and pushing on the block.
Stetson_Temple_Reblocked03.jpg

Stetson_Temple_Reblocked04.jpg