Story Ideas for Indy V

lao che & sons

What do you think the story will be or should be for Indiana Jones 5.

I'm thinkin' Indy gets back from an adventure with mutt that's in the arctic (opening) and and finds out marion is missing. But he finds a ransom note unsigned wanting Indy to go find some artifact that brings the dead back to life (this could supply a drarker story that everyone has wanted). It is marked with a swastika. Indy and mutt know that they have to find Marion and Indy knows someone who has a map leading to the temple where the artifact is. Indy and Mutt go to a danceclub in chicago called the dragon club. Short Round had moved to chicago after TOD with his uncle and his uncle started the danceclub. After his uncle died the club was given to short Round. Shorty also studied at the university of chicago to be an archaeologist. He goes on minor adventures and keeps his artifacts in the club and in his office. The story basically goes from there with Indy, Mutt, and Shiort Round. But they're being spied on as they go to the temple. Once they get to the temple and find the artifact. This is when the main villian id introduced. he is german and explains to Indy that he is going to use the weapon to bring the nazis back to life and in power. He also explains that Indy will only get marion if he helps them get to the garden of eden where the dead can only be risen. In the end Indy gets Marion but the nazis are back to life in sprirt form. This is when it is revealed that the British have also been spying on Indy suspecting he waas up to something. The end is a huge battle between to great forces.

It could be called "Indiana Jones and the return of the dead" or "the power of evil"

so now you can post your sotries here!!!

visionz13

NO MORE, I REPEAT, NO MORE MARION GETTING KIDNAPPED!!!

How about no more Marion, PERIOD!!

I just saw some pictures of Sean Connery recently, he still looks good. What if he was believed to be dead when say *his plane crashed* or something, but he actually isnt. Indy starts recieving letters with clues to something, and that eventually leads him to re-teaming with his father, and now we have three generations of Jones'. Why cant we get Connery back? Money talks.

I predict correct, so you expect.

lao che & sons

visionz13 said:

I just saw some pictures of Sean Connery recently, he still looks good. What if he was believed to be dead when say *his plane crashed* or something, but he actually isnt. Indy starts recieving letters with clues to something, and that eventually leads him to re-teaming with his father, and now we have three generations of Jones'. Why cant we get Connery back? Money talks.

I don't wan't marion either but if Indy married her then I think it's pretty obvious that she's goona have to come back. but I would love to see connery return.

visionz13

There is no garuntee she has to return. Let them focus more on the plot rather then build up Indy's personal life. This movie can take place on a different continent for the entire span and we would never have to see her. Just leave her out of the story, not hard to do.:gun:

bennihana123

Give Marion a cameo at the beginning/end and let Indy and Mutt go on an adventure with Mutt's love interest/another sidekick.

Face it, Mutt will be in the film if they ever do make it.

Stoo

Kill Off Marion

I'm not one for "wish" threads but how 'bout:

1959, almost 2 years after giving birth to a daughter, Marion dies violenty at the hands of some of Abner's former enemies. Mutt is forced to stay at home and take care of his 2 year-old sister while Indy goes solo against the villains in a race for the "whatever" artifact. He gains a new partner/sidekick along the way but, during a confrontation, Indy receives a sabre blow to the right side of his face and loses his eye.

This way, Marion & Mutt are in but with small roles and it makes a good set-up for a connection with Old Indy.:p Marion's death would also provide fertile ground for some real drama.:dead:

Darth Vile

visionz13 said:

LOL - That's actually quite a workable idea... :)

indyrocks1936

lao che & sons i really like your idea! sounds cool! too bad, george can't talk to us fans about our storys and then give us credit and turn it into a movie. :D if only that were possible..

lao che & sons

indyrocks1936 said:
lao che & sons i really like your idea! sounds cool! too bad, george can't talk to us fans about our storys and then give us credit and turn it into a movie. :D if only that were possible..

thanks, I really think we all need to get an Indy story together and mail it to spielberg and lucas. This way they no there are still people interested and if they find a good story they can use it. Also, I like marion dying it really would addd drama. Another thing about my story is that in the begining Short Round is more like henry sr. he is used to a civilized life and has gone on few adventures. But he develops over the story and becomes more like Indy in the end.:whip:

Also if ther is and Indy 6 they should have the fans mail there stories to a special adress to have the possibility of their story becoming a movie!!!

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
lao che & sons said:
thanks, I really think we all need to get an Indy story together and mail it to spielberg and lucas. This way they no there are still people interested and if they find a good story they can use it.

Actually, from what I understand, they can't, legally.

sandiegojones

visionz13 said:

Agreed. No Marion except for a small cameo (if it takes place after KOTCS).

What would be really interesting would be to have the film take place about 2 years prior to KOTCS and we see Henry Sr. die in the film. That could give the film an emotional lift that was missing from KOTCS (as well as making Indy's remarks to Stanforth in Skull more meaningful).

I like the idea of an Ancient Greek artifact or perhaps or perhaps a Norse one. I'd like to see some snowy environments or more sea faring set pieces. Deserts and jungles have been done enough I think. Sticking with ancient religions is good, but it doesn't have to be Judeo-Christian.

I could see Indy being in Thailand, Cambodia or Vietnam. The French were involved in Vietnam in the mid to late 50's before the US began fighting. I don't see Indy going into the 60's so this is a good place to end since the Vietnam War really changed things from that decade on. Perhaps Indy could have some French colleague there and then they get caught up in battle and then could have an "Apocalypse Now" style journey along a river to an ancient temple. Thailand has awesome beaches and temples. Plenty of natives in the jungles too.

thailand-phi-phi-beach.jpg

temple-autthaya.jpg

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
I'm not one for "wish" threads but how 'bout:

1959, almost 2 years after giving birth to a daughter, Marion dies violenty at the hands of some of Abner's former enemies. Mutt is forced to stay at home and take care of his 2 year-old sister while Indy goes solo against the villains in a race for the "whatever" artifact. He gains a new partner/sidekick along the way but, during a confrontation, Indy receives a sabre blow to the right side of his face and loses his eye.

This way, Marion & Mutt are in but with small roles and it makes a good set-up for a connection with Old Indy.:p Marion's death would also provide fertile ground for some real drama.:dead:

But I don't want Marion to die!!! :eek: Deadlock's script made me sad enough...

Look, I can understand people's sentiment about Marion being in Indy V too much and without much purpose to the story (aside from the usual kidnapping route), but all they have to do is have her show up for a couple of scenes and have the Raven's Nest re-opened, which would be enough to keep Marion busy and the audience to buy a reason for her not to come along. All we need is to work out Mutt.....

Besides, Marion might not be able to get pregnant. She might be menopausal. Adoption would be the most likely case for "Susan." Afterall, it would explain why they don't look alike. Marion would be about 47 in KOTCS, (married at 48) and it is possible to get pregnant but it really depends on the woman and I would say it would be only more likely in this day and age because of the pill (you can't have menopause unless you get off the pill long enough apparently).

Le Saboteur

The Making of The Indiana Jones Adventure

Does anybody remember these? (Part 2, Part 3)

I've always liked Marion; of all of Indy's women, she was probably the most interesting. But to bring her back as a plot device is brinkmanship at its finest -- and a discredit to the character. She was obviously able to take care of herself well before Indy showed up in Tibet.

But this is besides the point. There are better uses of Sallah & Marion in those vids than were expressed in the entirety of Skull.

indyjones2131

Indy is experiencing/somewhat at odds with a domesticated life with Marion. He still teaches, still does digs, but no gunfights or fistfights. His relationship with his son hasn't quite gone smoothly either.

Then Indy gets word that the Russians are very close to discovering a certain ancient device in the Carpathian mountains. Indy knows this device is very dangerous, but knows too that he has a different life now. Until...

...he learns that his own son Mutt has gotten involved with a nasty group of baddies. He owes them a big debt and agrees to help them track this device down, knowing not only his debt would be paid, but oh the fortune and glory!

Indy tries to track Mutt down, to talk sense into him, but he can't. Indy knows that his son is in over his head with these baddies, but finding this device will be more dangerous yet.

Now Indy must race against his own son to obtain the device before he does. With the help of an old friend on an adventure that reaches from the Gobi Desert to the catacombs of Romania, Indy will reconnect with his son, face old demons, and again be that determined thorn in the side of the Russians.

Oh yeah and Lawrence Kasdan writes it.

Last edited:

Darth Vile

Le Saboteur said:
Does anybody remember these? (Part 2, Part 3)

I've always liked Marion; of all of Indy's women, she was probably the most interesting. But to bring her back as a plot device is brinkmanship at its finest -- and a discredit to the character. She was obviously able to take care of herself well before Indy showed up in Tibet.

But this is besides the point. There are better uses of Sallah & Marion in those vids than were expressed in the entirety of Skull.

Well I never knew Karen Allen had done that.... :cool:

Robyn

Violet Indy said:
But I don't want Marion to die!!! :eek: Deadlock's script made me sad enough...

:( This thread is so depressing... The audience at the theater cheered when Marion came out in kotcs, thank God most of the fans don't feel the way some of the people here do..

Violet, I think I've worn out my stay here at the Raven.. Until Indy 5 gets finished I think I'll just be a lurker here at the Raven from now on.. Not much point anymore for me to post nice things about my two favorite characters here.

Last edited: