Indi3_zpse5ae283e.jpg

Ind2_zpsbbdcbd84.jpg

Ind_zpse7ba20d8.jpg

Indy_zps2294e229.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Are you in any of the pictures?

A ghost must have whispered:"Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!" to the Nazi on the left...

Are you MAD? You've endangered all our German members.

Mods. Act quickly before it is turned into English as we all maybe at risk!

kongisking

So, I attended the Minneapolis Comic Convention today, and figured it was a prime time to show support for the character. It was a wonderful day, and I even met some fellow Indy-ans! Here are a few of my favorite photos:

TheFedora

kongisking said:
So, I attended the Minneapolis Comic Convention today, and figured it was a prime time to show support for the character. It was a wonderful day, and I even met some fellow Indy-ans! Here are a few of my favorite photos:

bll69.jpg

^Saw your picture, and thought I'd post a picture of me at a comic convention local to me...I am in a similar pose here as yours.

jsarino

kongisking, great shots! Also, funny that TheFedora did a similar TARDIS shot. :p

One of me (with a Dorfman Pacific fedora) and some "cheaper" gear after a sand mine challenge race.
20140222_115359_1.jpg

Here's a couple of mine at the St. Louis ComicCon last month, sporting better gear and the Akubra Fed IV fedora...
10157343_652597698146696_1539985844821394471_n.jpg

IMG_5248516438247.jpeg

kongisking

That pic of you with the Marvel kids is really sweet.

I certainly wish I had the money/access for a better costume. Mine is basically scavanged from what looks close enough. Though the fedora is an officially licensed replica I got around the time of KOTCS' release. Sadly, its really rigid and a tad too big. I need a really proper replica made of felt.

jsarino

kongisking said:
That pic of you with the Marvel kids is really sweet.

Thanks! :) My friend (pictured as Lara Croft) I have affectionally called my "cosplay wife" when we go to these things. ;) She's actually more into cosplay than me! My family wants to dress as Indy characters at Halloween time...my son (the one in the Captain America costume) is already telling me he'll be Short Round, my daughter as Willie (in Indian garb), and my wife going back and forth between Irina Spalko or Marian.

I certainly wish I had the money/access for a better costume. Mine is basically scavanged from what looks close enough. Though the fedora is an officially licensed replica I got around the time of KOTCS' release. Sadly, its really rigid and a tad too big. I need a really proper replica made of felt.

Like anything else, research, save up and when the time is right, pull the trigger on a good replica. As a long-time fan, it wasn't until this year that I got into getting my costume together. I unfortunately bought things at a rush when I did my first Indy cosplay just for the race. As you saw with my earlier post, I upgraded on alot of those things, but I wish I should've planned things farther in advance.

Speaking of replicas, the next one I want to get is a good Indy jacket (mmmm, Wested). No big rush to get it yet since summer is coming in the States. I'll budget it in. :D

kongisking

Money's very tight at the moment (tight as in pretty much non-existent), so I definitely won't get to it for a while. Nevertheless, I know where to turn if that blessed day arrives... :D

kongisking

Dude, whatever you do, don't go on a bridge and cut it in half. You looked scarily in-character there... :p

But in seriousness, sweet pictures. To this day, I love Mola Ram's look, with that headdress. That should be an iconic villain, right there.

TheFedora

Love the pictures...but how are you getting whips on the convention floor? Every time I have brought mine, they ask me to check them in with 'weapons bonding' and say to me that whips can't be brought out of your bag at all. :(

jsarino

Great pics, indyclone25! As it fits your username, there looks like ALOT of clone Indys in attendance. ;)

kongisking said:
But in seriousness, sweet pictures. To this day, I love Mola Ram's look, with that headdress. That should be an iconic villain, right there.

Same. The headdress alone is intimidating!

TheFedora said:
Love the pictures...but how are you getting whips on the convention floor? Every time I have brought mine, they ask me to check them in with 'weapons bonding' and say to me that whips can't be brought out of your bag at all. :(

At the St. Louis ComicCon I was at, I was not hassled at all with the replica pistol (which was essentially a plastic toy), and the real 10' whip I had clipped to my gun belt. Same with my friend with her double pistols in her Lara Croft costume.

kongisking

TheFedora said:

Precisely why I chose to not bring the pistol and holster and whip to the one I attended. Just wanted to avoid the whole issue in case it WAS an issue...that, and it's less cumbersome.

indyclone25

i have my whip double wrapped in the whip strap and i never get hassled by the staff of the convention. plus i guess i don't look menacing :rolleyes: ;)

HenryJunior

It all depends on your convention and how many people security is trying to manage. Here in Phoenix, last I checked whips are ok except they do that whole safety bonding thing. I feel bad for some of the really hardcore cosplayers that work really hard on an obviously fake weapon (like a gigantic anime hammer) and then they have to go around all day with a stupid orange zip-tie on it. It just breaks the illusion.

Stay tuned, I'll post some Indy Cosplay tomorrow.

TheFedora

HenryJunior said:
It all depends on your convention and how many people security is trying to manage. Here in Phoenix, last I checked whips are ok except they do that whole safety bonding thing. I feel bad for some of the really hardcore cosplayers that work really hard on an obviously fake weapon (like a gigantic anime hammer) and then they have to go around all day with a stupid orange zip-tie on it. It just breaks the illusion.

Well, I went to a anime convention and then a comics convention I go to annually. They are at the same venue so they have similar policies. Well, I checked again and they do allow whips...so long as they are attached to your belt in a way that makes them unusable.

jsarino

TheFedora said:
Well, I went to a anime convention and then a comics convention I go to annually. They are at the same venue so they have similar policies. Well, I checked again and they do allow whips...so long as they are attached to your belt in a way that makes them unusable.

I wonder in my case if it was just inconsistent from one day to the next. My friend went the day before in the same convention and they were very particular on how you have your "weapons" carried in, but from what she told me, as long as they inspect things as you go in, you're OK. When we went on the last day, I wasn't even checked at all outside of scanning the ticket. This ComicCon was run by WizardWorld, and was held at our largest convention center/NFL stadium, so I had fully expected the security to be tighter than it is. Then again, Day 3 of ComicCon is also "Family Day", so they might've cut us some slack when we brought our kids with us.

HenryJunior said:

Cool...looking forward to it! :)