Jurassic World

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
It currently sounds like it's going to shoot just before or after Indy 4. There are rumored scripts, like the bizarre "Teenage Mutant Ninja Dinos" concept. One thing I was wondering: could Samuel Jackson be in it? He lost an arm, but in Lost World Malcom mentioned 3 deaths on Isla Nublar, not 4. That would be Gernarro, Nedry and Muldoon. The few dinos on that island probably died of lysine deficiency after a week, and possibly weren't nuked or napalmed by the Costa Rican Air Force like in the book. So maybe he survived?

There's a great moment around the eggs, where Dr. Wu says, "There is no unauthorized breeding in Jurassic Park!" Grant and Ellie smirk at each other. And in the T-Rex jeep chase, Malcom gropes her bare leg gratuitously, like it was a final request.

Unless bablefish misleads me, the islands - Nublar, Muerte, Pena, Sorna, Tacano, Matanceros - translate to Cloud, Death, Pain, Sarcasm, Cheapskate, and "They Kill Zeros." I just hope JP4 isn't on Cheapskate Island...

Katarn07

You reminded me that BD Wong was in the original. I'd love to have him play a role in the fourth one. Vince Vaughn would've been cool to see as the lead role too had he not skyrocketed to stardom with his comedy career. As long as it's better than the second one, it'll be fun to watch.

Gustav

Jurassic Park 4 is automatically a little cool for being in the same series as the last three Jurassic Parks. And who exactly is B.D. Wong? I know who he was in the first movie, but what's all the fuss about him? I never heard his name before Jurassic Park but they made a big deal about him for such a small role and I always hear his name being brought up. For example I was reading the T.V. guide and Jurassic Park was coming on that week and it said something like "starring Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum, Richard Attenborough and B.D. Wong." And that's not the only time I have seen stuff like that. So what's up with this? Did he win a Nobel Prize or is he just a really nice guy?

Cammy

As much as I love Jurassic Park, I hope they come up with a good concept. There's only so much you can do with a dinosaur park really. The last movie had some really good dino action but it was a tad predictable compared to the first and second movies. I would rather see a 4th Indy movie because that's a concept that can easily be expanded with lots of different stories.

With Jurassic Park, you have to get people to come to the islands so you have to work out a story to get them to actually go there. Unless you make the dinos go to the mainland which they kinda already did. With Indy, he can go just about anywhere.

Grizzlor

Malcolm knew either first hand or from Ellie or John that 3 people died. No one actually saw Nedry dead. His jeep may have been found, but he may not have been.

As for JP3, it was better than 2. I thought TLW was horrible. I didn't like Vince Vaughan in it, although he is usually pretty good, and I just cannot stand Julianne Moore. JP3 had no payoff, when it ended we were sitting there, like, "wait this is the end? Huh? I don't get it?"

I just don't see where the story goes from here? And honestly, they should have gotten Michael Crichton to write all the films.

Cammy

Here's an idea. What if Nedry came back? I would love to see him back. Oh, and the grandkids from the first movie too. They were cute, and I'd love to see their adventures all grown up.

IndyBuff

I personally think they should leave the series alone. The first film was excellent, the second was okay and third was good. They've used up most of Crichton's material and I don't see what else they could do.

It might be good but I'm not expecting much out of it right now.

Gustav

I think they should go back to Isla Nublar so we can see some things from the first movie and go "Oh, yeah I remember that." They could show the wrecked car at the base of the tree and the incubation room and the lobby with bones all over the floor and maybe somebody could find that raptor claw that Grant threw on the ground. Of course just going back to the same island that the first on took place on for that purpose wouldn't be nearly enough. I always thought that in real life people would try to make documentaries on the islands and stuff and then there would be one group of people who didn't consider them real scientific observations since the dinosaurs were cloned with frog DNA to fill in the gaps and are not entirely the same as dinosaurs that lived 65 million+ years ago.

Grimdiana Bones

I think it should be set in the year 3000. Raptors with their vast intellect have taken over the world and and made the human race extinct. Dino cities now cover the world, and somewhere on a small island off south america some intrepid raptor scientists have discovered a way to clone homo-sapiens. I imagine the scene going something like this:

Raptor Scientist: "And over here in our incubator you'll see alan grant."

*pause*

Raptor paleontologist: *shocked* "grant..... you cloned Dr. Alan grant...?"

of course this will all have to be subtitled, as the raptors will actually just be barking at each other.

Then grant and the rest of the gang have to escape homo-sapien park and eventually find a way to kill all the dinosaurs on earth.

Jay R. Zay

Grimdiana Bones said:
I think it should be set in the year 3000. Raptors with their vast intellect have taken over the world and and made the human race extinct. Dino cities now cover the world, and somewhere on a small island off south america some intrepid raptor scientists have discovered a way to clone homo-sapiens. I imagine the scene going something like this:

Raptor Scientist: "And over here in our incubator you'll see alan grant."

*pause*

Raptor paleontologist: *shocked* "grant..... you cloned Dr. Alan grant...?"

this is a nice one. :whip:

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Many, many moons ago monkey, Shipwreck, and myself all were working on a JPIV script. After we heard work was starting on the real thing we gave it up. However, not until after we heard that the script idea was an Ice Age park...the idea we had been working on was the same concept.

Who says the film industry doesn't "borrow" ideas?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Lost World is annoying for 4 reasons: Nick and Sarah 1) free the caged dinos (result: smashed radio), 2) treat the baby T-rex (another smashed radio), 3) steal the hunter's bullets and 4) continue wearing a T-rex blood-stained shirt. When the people don't try to survive, who cares? The other annoyance is when more rescuers die than people ultimately rescued, as in JP3.

There's always a way to make people return to the island(s). Suppose Hammond recovered fully thanks to dino gene splicing, but his family's at risk. Grant likes his divorced daughter (Lex and Tim's mother), so back they all go to capture one of the smaller creatures. People and dinosaurs respect each other's space until... the volcanic island chain erupts at the end of act one.

You still need some people to die along the way. That's where Samuel Jackson and Vince Vaughn come in. Though it would be funny if all they found was Jackson's leg, and assumed he was eaten. The triceratops vet Gerry Harding, Sarah Harding's father... he could be sacrificed. And why not Lewis Dodgson, the guy with the shaving cream can? Like Lao Che and Chattar Lal, this villain just wandered off when he needs to be killed off!

Grizzlor

Cammy said:
Here's an idea. What if Nedry came back? I would love to see him back. Oh, and the grandkids from the first movie too. They were cute, and I'd love to see their adventures all grown up.

Ariana Richards (Lex) reprised her role from Tremors in Tremors 3: Back to Perfection in 2001. Joseph Mazzello (Tim) has done some stuff recently. I would say both have suffered the child star syndrome.

As for JP4 in general, the problem I will have is believability. At some point, having a T-Rex rampage a city, or "finding" one of Ingens islands is not going to be lame??

Grimdiana Bones

roundshort said:
Grim, not to change the subject, but is your name from Mother Goose and Grimm?

No, I actually took it from the old beetlejuice cartoon series. There was an episode where they spoofed indy, and thats what he called himself.:dead:

Tennessee R

The first and third ones were good, I thought.
I hope they don't decide to get all-new casts for JP4.
In my opinion, it needs Grant for sure.
I think Malcom would be good, as long as there is Grant too.