Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Grizzlor

Looking better, but what is with this God awful lighting effect where everything is blurry and hazy?

PS: This "hotset" gimmick from the video has been in games for years, it's not new.

Insomniac

We may not know until June.:rolleyes:

What we are exactly looking at but I for one think I can look around the graphics and play a Indy game!

Until then.:hat:

DIrishB

Snakes said:
And I thought there were Nazis in some form in the 1920s. Could be wrong.

Nurhachi1991 said:
Woah The Nazi party was founded in 1919! So my theory might be right! I doubt it but that would be great to have another Young Indy teaser (y)

The Nazis weren't really in any sort of power until 1930, when the Nazi party won a majority election and predominantly took control of German politics. It was pretty much downhill from there for the rest of Europe until the end of WWII.

I'm pretty sure this game takes place in 1939.

Nurhachi1991 said:
Xbox sucks (n) ........................ Rings of Death

Not if you were patient. Sucks for all the people who bought them in the first months of release...the newer versions all work fine as far as I know.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
DIrishB said:
Not if you were patient. Sucks for all the people who bought them in the first months of release...the newer versions all work fine as far as I know.

And in which case, one should never buy any 1st generation of electrical goods (have known people who have bought 1st gen ipods that had screen probs. I've got a third gen nano for over a year and haven't had any probs) . Nor should one ever buy the last one in store either, as I have learnt with my MiniDV camera, grrrrr....

Morning Bell

Violet Indy said:
And in which case, one should never buy any 1st generation of electrical goods (have known people who have bought 1st gen ipods that had screen probs. I've got a third gen nano for over a year and haven't had any probs) . Nor should one ever buy the last one in store either, as I have learnt with my MiniDV camera, grrrrr....

I bought a Wii on release day and have never had a single problem with it. I know people who are still buying new XBOXs and having problems. These days it's just hit-and-miss as to whether you'll get a good product or not, as sad as that is.

whipem

I remember seeing the trailer when it first came out, but I forgot about it until I saw the game mentioned on IGN today. And with FoA? Unless this turns out to be complete garbage, it's pretty safe to say I'll buy it.

Nurhachi1991

Yeah but if the company is going to mass produce products at 299.00 a pop they damn well better be sure they work.

I have a 1st gen Ps3 20gb and it runs like a clock

Dr. HenryJones.jr

Nurhachi1991 said:
Yeah but if the company is going to mass produce products at 299.00 a pop they damn well better be sure they work.

I have a 1st gen Ps3 20gb and it runs like a clock

too low hard disk, and you can to buy new 500GB Hard Disk Notebook 2,5 Samsung Spinspoint and your PS3 from blue screw take care, this screw is too bad open (left turn) and then four screw from hard disk too bad screw, left turn then voila...

XBox360 is poor... I know I have once time of Ring the Death, repair new and my runs well fine.

DocWhiskey

Dr. HenryJones.jr said:
too low hard disk, and you can to buy new 500GB Hard Disk Notebook 2,5 Samsung Spinspoint and your PS3 from blue screw take care, this screw is too bad open (left turn) and then four screw from hard disk too bad screw, left turn then voila...

XBox360 is poor... I know I have once time of Ring the Death, repair new and my runs well fine.

Dear god I hope English is your 4 or 5th language.

Bjorn Heimdall

tocksic said:
Ok - the footage looks better than I thought, but a few things are so 1999. Like the rack that crashes IN the enemy and THROUGH Indy. Not acceptable in an 2009 game. Also the collapse of the burning bridge was animated like ... well I can't really call that an animation. Don't know how such things pass QA.

But nevertheless it looks better than the horrible screenshots indicated.

I think it's truly worrying that they would choose that part of the gameplay to show in the trailer... seems to indicate that every time Indy does that action, the rack will go through him without harm. Otherwise they would have picked a different clip from the game, right?

I still think it's going to be bad, gives me the slim hope of being pleasantly surprised, but I fear this game will be a big letdown to the optimistic ones.

Lambonius

This game was so clearly designed for the lowest common graphical denominator. The sad part is that even as a PS2 game, it's still a bit under par, though much more forgiveable as such than the Wii version. All of the things people have mentioned so far stuck out to me immediately in that video. The poor animations, incredibly low poly counts, fuzzy textures, clipping issues, etc. A game like God of War looks about a hundred times better than this game. Unless another layer of graphical polish still awaits this game between now and June, it'll definitely be a disappointment in that respect, even on the PS2. I can only hope for a healthy dose of good action-adventure gameplay (maybe, just maybe, they will get a great balance between Emperor's Tomb-style brawling and Infernal Machine-style puzzles and story--but that might be hoping for too much.) If the gameplay and story are great, then I can overlook the disappointing graphical issues. Unfortunately, with all the focus seeming to be on gimmicky Wii action controls, the gameplay is likely to suffer considerably as a result. :(

The Tingler

I find it interesting that the motion controls once hailed as being able to bring you into the game like no other console could are now criticised as 'gimmicky'.

I know I'm not the only one who didn't use the Action button in the Wii version of Lego Indiana Jones at all. Whip motions all the way!

YouNeverKnow

I might get flamed for this, but as a person who never plays video games, that gameplay trailer looks really fun! I'm more of a Legend of Zelda kind of guy so this looks right up my alley! I'll have to rent it and drag it to my friend's house to play on his Wii.

The Tingler

If you're a Legend of Zelda kinda guy, why don't you have a Wii? (Admittedly Twilight Princess is the only proper Zelda game on Wii and that's better on GameCube, but still...)

I like the "gimmicks", I think they do help you to get into the character. What I don't like is the instantly disappearing enemies, the health bars, and that shelf falling through Indy.

Morning Bell

I'm a huge Legend of Zelda fan, mainly because I love games that feature exploration, puzzles, and adventure. Indy sums up all of these qualities as well and as long as SoK offers these features then I'll be happy. I can overlook poor graphics and a mediocre story if the gameplay is fun and challenging.