Anybody met Harrison Ford recently? Or hope to?

deckard24

My sister met him probably 15 years ago in Washington D.C., but decided not to bother him since he was having dinner and an intense conversation with the woman he was with, I'm guessing Melissa Mathison. She said he didn't look like he wanted to be interupted, but I really wish she had because I would have flipped over his autograph, especially since I was a kid at the time. I still give her a hard time today about it. One thing that I was always intrigued by, was her comment on his height saying he was about 6ft, comparing him to me now. Now he's always been listed at 6ft1(I'm guessing a barefoot estimate), which would make him 6ft2 with shoes on which is pretty tall. But these days he looks all of 5ft11, still above average. I'm guessing he shrunk a bit with age, but have any of you met him in recent years that can attest to his height. All I know is onscreen as a kid he looked huge to me, but as I got older he got more average.

Harrison's puffin stuff tuff

Well I just got back from Yosemite National Park where I was hanging out with a world champion Rock Climber who lives in Jackson Hole Wyoming. When he's not climbing he builds houses as a hobby and has become well known for his wood working skills. Well it just so happened that Harrison needed some work done on his ranch in Wyoming and my friend was there to help him out with this. My friend said every morning Harrison would come down stairs and make the best coffee that the guys had ever tasted, then he would proceed to hand out individually hand rolled joints to all the guys that were working for him. Then he would spark it up and chat for a few minutes and then go about his day, every once in awhile picking up a hammer to help along. My friend said Harrison was very skilled in carpentry and that he used to be a set builder before he was discovered as an actor, that was his way into the business. Also my friend said that Harrison was really down to earth and hung out like just one of the guys. I had heard rumors before that Harrison liked smoking the all natural stuff on set in his trailer but was not sure to believe it or not until I heard this story. Im in LA right now and will be heading to Harrison Fords Son's restaurant tonight, his Son has the best selection of Microbrews in my area so thats where I will be tonight, you never know maybe Indy will drop by to slug one back with the real Junior. Later, and for all of you that cant believe Harrison puffs the mean green just remember that it is delicious and nutrtious so why wouldnt he? I will be In Kauai where Raiders was filmed in two weeks,yahhhhhoooooooo!!!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
ninepinejones said:
Harrison puffs the mean green
If true, after all the injuries and prosthetics, I guess he's earned it... but I hope he lays off until Indy 4 wraps. Don't want to see a tired, slow beatnik Indy. Or maybe he goes "on the road" in search of Jack Kerouac's teletype scroll!

Didn't Ford tape a PSA for prescription drugs once?

I dont know about the PSA situation with Harrison, I know about 10 years ago when I was graduating from acupuncture college the prescription drug companys(especially pfizer)were lobbying hard to ban chinese herbs(and all other herbal medicines) until cleared by the FDA. With an uproar from practitioners like myself and my colleagues and with the very effective extra voices of certain celebrities and movie stars the bill still hangs in limbo in the court today,never taking action,thanks to the action of alot of people not just celebrities. I like how the south park guys play farce on this subject of celebrities getting involved with politics. I would not be surprised if Harrison was involved in that PSA.

ninepinejones said:
I dont know about the PSA situation with Harrison, I know about 10 years ago when I was graduating from acupuncture college the prescription drug companys(especially pfizer)were lobbying hard to ban chinese herbs(and all other herbal medicines) until cleared by the FDA. With an uproar from practitioners like myself and my colleagues and with the very effective extra voices of certain celebrities and movie stars the bill still hangs in limbo in the court today,never taking action,thanks to the action of alot of people not just celebrities. I like how the south park guys play farce on this subject of celebrities getting involved with politics. I would not be surprised if Harrison was involved in that PSA.

I forgot to mention that the Kerouac Idea is brilliant and I wish I new how to attach articles like that to this forum. That scroll is bad ass beatnick bomb free lovin shanizzle yo.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Just highlight part of your text, click the "insert link" icon (the one with the globe), and copy/paste the website you want to hotlink to.

Fish1941

I've never met Harrison Ford. But I have seen him in person. He was filming a scene from "Hollywood Homicide" on Hollywood Boulevard.

roundshort

I was able to spend time with him a few years ago at my restaurant in Telluride Colroado. He was a great guy, not afarid to walk into our crowded bar area and loudly order a round of Martini's. He was cool about talking to us, but o no one was an idiot and asked a bunch of stupid questions. We talked a lot abotu California wine, his favorties are big Napa Cabernets, and his brother used to live in Napa so we chatted about that. He was cool and signed my Indy Jones poster along with Lucas, Marshall, etc. It was a very positive experience.

San Holo

I was in Downtown Ft.Worth,Texas about seven years ago with my cousin. We had just finished eating and were walking down the street, when I saw a man in a blue flannel shirt. He was walking with 3 other men towards us, and as he got closer,I noticed who he was. I tried to say something witty, but all I was able to muster was the always lame.."You're Harrison Ford"(no s#it) to which he replied,"Yep" with a grin.

berelain19

This is mean! I live in Holland! I'll never meet him!
I have met Julian Glover,though,got his autograph and went on a picture with him! He was at a fantasy fair this year.He was sitting between Lou Ferrigno(??) aka The Hulk and Chris Geere(I don't know him,but they said he was gonna be big,so we took some pictures of him as well).

But,no,no Harrison..no,defenitely,no:(

Gear

I've never meet Harrison Ford but a couple of years ago Bruce Willis ( donno if I spelled his last name right, but...) was in Silverton Oregon where my grandma lives and he and Billy Bob Thorton were doing a movie there though I can't remember it's name. My granma meet Billy in the store one night when she ran into his cart. She said he was very nice ( she didn't recignize him though until she left the store on account of he was wearing a hat and was being very laid back like a normal guy). But every one hated Bruce. They said he was an ass hole. He ate breakfast at a piticular resterant one morning and had them take his meal back like 4 times. He also would'nt talk to any fans. Billy Bob on the other hand Ate at a resterant wich me and my family go to every once in a while called Chans. He liked the food there so much he left a $100 tip!

Eric Solo

San Holo said:
I was in Downtown Ft.Worth,Texas about seven years ago with my cousin. We had just finished eating and were walking down the street, when I saw a man in a blue flannel shirt. He was walking with 3 other men towards us, and as he got closer,I noticed who he was. I tried to say something witty, but all I was able to muster was the always lame.."You're Harrison Ford"(no s#it) to which he replied,"Yep" with a grin.

I always seem to say stupid things when I meet celebrities:
I met Henry Thomas once and I was like: "Hey, do you remember that movie Cloak & Dagger?" He said, "....Yeah, I remember it". "Well, it's one of my favorites!" I felt like such a retard.

San Holo

Eric Solo said:
I always seem to say stupid things when I meet celebrities:
I met Henry Thomas once and I was like: "Hey, do you remember that movie Cloak & Dagger?" He said, "....Yeah, I remember it". "Well, it's one of my favorites!" I felt like such a retard.
Kinda like that Chris Farley skit on SNL:D

deckard24

Do you remember that time when you were in Raiders of the Lost Ark, and that giant boulder was chasing you? Do, you remember that?
(Man, I miss Chris Farley! )

I'd love to hear if anyone else at The Raven has met celebs at conventions or on the street, and have interesting or funny stories to tell about the experience. Just my two cents, but I've always had mixed feelings about meeting a childhood hero like Ford, and have the encounter turn out to be less than satisfactory. My fear would be that whoever the celeb was would turn out to be a total jerk, and their image would be completely ruined for me. I've heard of people who have met their childhood heroes whether it be a Major League Baseball player or a famous movie star, and they turned out to be horribly rude, arrogant, and cheap (demanding money from 10 year olds for autographs, Jose Canseco for example!).

Ford has been known for being notorious grumpy. So it would be unfortunate if he was in a foul mood on the one day you got to meet him.

San Holo, was Ford a tall guy in person or of average height? As a kid I always imagined him as huge because he towered over most of his castmates in Star Wars, and seemed fairly tall in the Indy movies. Now he's apparently only 5ft11 or so, not the 6ft1 he's been described as.

Last edited: