Raiders of the Lost Ark reamke, tolerable?

so how would you consider the idea of a remake?

• 5-Great idea!

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • 4-Good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-Don't care

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 2-bad idea!

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • 1-How dare you even think of it!!!! Nuke that Director!!!!!

Votes: 50 74.6%

• Total voters

Indy Croft

If any director said 'I would like to remake Raiders', how would you react? Remake means no harrison ford for indy for sure.

Dr Bones

Indy Croft said:
If any director said 'I would like to remake Raiders', how would you react? Remake means no harrison ford for indy for sure.

"Why?" would be my only rational reply.

The original could not be improved on IMHO. Also if Lucas and Speilberg couldn't recreate it with KOTCS (which although I actually liked, it is no way near as good as ROTLA) then nobody else can.

Somehow new action films seem too sanitised and overstuffed with CGI and trickery so that you don't get the thrill as with the classics....

They would have to redo the scenes with old school stunts..which would be pointless as we have seen them before.

Rollercoaster enthuisasts love the old "Woodies" as they have the sense of danger the new "steelies" with all their safey bars etc can't replicate. (I used to work for a theme park!)

Also....nobody could touch Harrison. No debate.:hat:

A remake could be done successfully in the right hands,but then the right hands would never do it and why bother when the originall still holds up so well?

Indy Croft

well Friday 13th, and Halloween were successful and there were remakes for them so I wondered what if someone tried to remake Raiders how would the fans react

vf wing

Hollywood seems to just pump out the remakes these days. Right now, it's just too soon to consider such a thing. Harrison and co. are still generating sequels!

Dr. Round

Raiders is timeless. A remake would be a disaster. What the series needs is a "preboot" some time down the road to get it back to its roots. But no, absolutely no remakes.

Dr Bones

Indy Croft said:
well Friday 13th, and Halloween were successful ...

ReallY??? :confused:

I wonder if people will be watching those versions 20 years on?

But I did say it could be done....King Kong did OK, although I personally thought it was abysmal and some of the CGI was lousy.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I think it would be ok ONLY if it was years and years down the track (we talking 50 years and remakes kind of in the same way as King Solomon's Mines various versions).

If we talking this timeframe of the next couple of years, definitely not.

I agree with Dr. Round. I think it would be better to have films that take place pre-Raiders (not like YIJC where there's historic figures popping up all the time, but more adventures like the films but Indy's younger). I just think that's the only way of keeping the franchise going if that's what Lucas and Spielberg want. They may not want to continue, especially if Indy 5 does happen (I still doubt it will).

Dr Bones

Violet Indy said:
I just think that's the only way of keeping the franchise going if that's what Lucas and Spielberg want. They may not want to continue, especially if Indy 5 does happen (I still doubt it will).

Shudder....if no Harrison...does that mean Shinola le Barf as Indy III??? :eek:

Dewy9

Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. He's the only one who should be doing the character in live action form. The side kicks are a lot of fun, but these movies are really about Indy.

What I finally want to see done is a good Indy imposter. Uncharted (a PS3 game that is in pre-production to be a movie) has the possibility of being good, as it's basically a modern day Indy/grave robber type. The Tomb Raider movies were unwatchable and the National Treasure movies weren't exotic. I'm a tough man to please.

Indy Croft

true harrison ford is indy and only he should be able to portray the chracter. I'd go mad if they changed him.
Remake surely means no Ford to indy that reason probably is enough to strongly go against it.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Dr Bones said:
Shudder....if no Harrison...does that mean Shinola le Barf as Indy III??? :eek:

Did I say I wanted Le Barf as you say to play Indy? Nope. I'm only just saying that the James Bond way is the only way to go if the franchise is to continue in the coming years. Harrison Ford ain't going to live forever you know. In any case, I would rather see the return of young Indy (not like YIJC, but adventurous and have pre-Raiders events or adaptions of the novels, particularly MacGregor's and McCoy's coz we can skip Caiden's, they sooooo don't count) in telemovie form or mini-series, particularly with the answers to the Abner-Marion-Indy-Ox enigma, which keeps haunting Indyfans (oh alright, me, Indyologist and Canyon!).

Dr Bones

Violet Indy said:
Did I say I wanted Le Barf as you say to play Indy? Nope.

Did I say that you did??? Nope.

It just was a chilling thought that they may go down the "son of Indy route" as hinted by the almost donning the fedora at the end of KOTCS.

Anway....one person so far voted yes....I say hunt them down and banish them! ;)

Last edited:

Indy Croft

i din't really expect someone to vote 5 really i didn't. I just put it there but didn't expect anyone to choose it. Really weird:confused: