oki9Sedo

Which Colonel would win in a fight?

Colonel%20Dietrich.jpg

2474-9434.gif

46456-27497.gif

oki9Sedo

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Vogel wins hands down.
Look at that picture; he's ready to show the others how they say goodbye in Germany.

I don't know, Dovchenko is much bigger and stronger, and is able to take a hell of a lot of abuse (how many times does Indy punch him, kick him, and hit him with a tree branch before he finally falls unconscious? :D )

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

Man, Vogel's a puss. He hits Indy while he's tied up and protects himself inside his steel beast. He could never handle himself toe to toe in a fist fight with Indy. Dovchenko FTW.

deckard24

Hands down Dovchenko!

We have absolutely no evidence that Dietrich can even throw a punch, and Vogel was just an opportunist, seizing on the moment to get the upperhand. In a straight up one-on-one fight Indy would own him!

oki9Sedo

Agreed.

Vogel is smarter and more cunning, but Dovchenko is just too big and strong and resistant to damage!

He'd still lose against the German mechanic, though!

Dietrich's jaw looks like it could take a severe beating and he would be unscathed. Very strong jaw, indeed.

However, the luggish Dovchenko, all muscle and below average intelligence, would probably whip their asses without even realising he's done so.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I think Dietrich has no chance in hell with either Vogel or Dovchenko. I reckon Vogel.... If he's an oppotunist, he find something to beat Dovchenko with or outsmart him.

Alright, fine. It's only coz I've got the Vogel autograph Topps card. Happy?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I know I upheld Vogel over the German mechanic in that other thread, but this round clearly goes for Dovchenko - he's not just a lunkhead, that's just how he expresses himself (heh). But Dovchenko clearly uses his surroundings, with the chains being the most notable case of that. You don't get to be a colonel solely through brute force.

oki9Sedo

Attila the Professor said:
I know I upheld Vogel over the German mechanic in that other thread, but this round clearly goes for Dovchenko - he's not just a lunkhead, that's just how he expresses himself (heh). But Dovchenko clearly uses his surroundings, with the chains being the most notable case of that. You don't get to be a colonel solely through brute force.

In fairness to the German mechanic, he doesn't use his surroundings because he doesn't need to. He wants to show Indy he can take him with fists alone.

Although at one point he does attempt to throw Indy in front of a wheel and crush him.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
oki9Sedo said:
In fairness to the German mechanic, he doesn't use his surroundings because he doesn't need to. He wants to show Indy he can take him with fists alone.

Although at one point he does attempt to throw Indy in front of a wheel and crush him.

Fair point. I hadn't thought of that particular moment.

(Although, he did seem to have it used against him - and also tricks like "hey, look down there" - too often to think it's something that's too often part of his technique.)

oki9Sedo

Fair point. I hadn't thought of that particular moment.

(Although, he did seem to have it used against him - and also tricks like "hey, look down there" - too often to think it's something that's too often part of his technique.)

Agreed. The mechanic is not the sharpest tool in the box.

Vogel is a very good improviser for sure, but it wouldn't be enough to take Dovchenko, given that he's so much stronger and also since he isn't too bad at improvising himself (he saw an opportunity in hanging Indy with that chain).

Nurhachi1991

I'm rooting for Vogel. Indy never bashed Dovchenko's face into a steel tank multiple times. Plus Vogel got thrown out of a damn blimp and gets up unharmed.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nurhachi1991 said:
I'm rooting for Vogel. Indy never bashed Dovchenko's face into a steel tank multiple times. Plus Vogel got thrown out of a damn blimp and gets up unharmed.

The zeppelin was still moored, though.

oki9Sedo

Nurhachi1991 said:

I don't follow that logic. You're sayin Vogel is tougher than Dovchenko because he gets beaten up badly when Dovchenko doesn't?

Kevin

But Dovchenko clearly uses his surroundings, with the chains being the most notable case of that. You don't get to be a colonel solely through brute force.

Vogel used a chain as well, yes?

I still think Dovchenko would win, he is younger and stronger.