George Lucas Should DIE at the end of the 4th Movie

Joe Brody

Aaron H said:
You mean Jedi Master "Super Grover" Yoda?

Dakota Dan said:
Seriously? You guys are actually tearing up the original trilogy?

Evidently easy target Yoda has become. . . . today's Doonesbury:

db050623.gif

Joe Brody

temple of john said:
How do you figure this is a Last Crusade reference?

The 'You have chosen wisely' line. Possible coincidence but its still a signature line from a Lucas film that comes right after the Yoda discussion in the prior strip and in the midst of Trudeau clearly toyinng around with the Jedi-type relationship between Zonker and the old-surfer-dude.

"The Ewok's are exactly the moment that Lucas went sour."

For me he went 'off' much earlier than that... The whole "Luke, I am your father" thing rates in my book as the single biggest movie cop-out ever...

Cast a pallor over what was otherwise a pretty good movie...

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
What I mean was I agree with you, the whole "twist" of Leia being Luke's sister was a cop out. I have always thought that she should have been another "chosen one" and that Luke should have died. The fact of them being siblings was cheap attempt at reliving the startling revelation that ESB had.

Paden

I've always enjoyed the original Star Wars trilogy, but I have to admit that the Luke-Leia sibling relationship is one of its weakest points. In ESB Vader's revelation to Luke is powerful: a terrible truth that the hero is forced to face and bear. But the revelation of Leia as Luke's sister has no such power, it seems convenient and false. Even Luke's realization and Leia's subsequent acceptance of the truth seem to come out of thin air (or, thin force?). I've often wondered if the establishment of Luke and Leia as siblings was a late contrivance by GL to resolve the Luke-Leia-Han triangle. Mind you, there's a lot I love about Return of the Jedi, but the brother-sister revelation was not one of it's better moments (neither, truth be told, were the Ewoks, but I can tolerate them).

Wasn't this originally supposed to be a joke thread about Indy IV?

Harrison Ford leaks the working title of the upcoming Indiana Jones film: Indiana Jones and the Quest for Pancakes and Ducks.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Aaron H said:
What I mean was I agree with you, the whole "twist" of Leia being Luke's sister was a cop out. I have always thought that she should have been another "chosen one" and that Luke should have died. The fact of them being siblings was cheap attempt at reliving the startling revelation that ESB had.

"That boy is our only hope."

"No, there is another"

Yoda to Obi One in ESB.

A major plot hole in the sequence of the films, because Obi was there when "The Other" was born. Everyone remembers the "I'm your father" bit, but forgets that Luke was being set up to fail. Having a sister follow in your footsteps isn't bad, just having Leia as the sister was the wrong choice.

intergamer

Pale Horse said:
"That boy is our only hope."

"No, there is another"

Yoda to Obi One in ESB.

A major plot hole in the sequence of the films, because Obi was there when "The Other" was born. Everyone remembers the "I'm your father" bit, but forgets that Luke was being set up to fail. Having a sister follow in your footsteps isn't bad, just having Leia as the sister was the wrong choice.

O-B-1 may still have believed that Luke was their only hope

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Without a doubt, there should have been another female character added into the mix who ended up being Luke's sister. I think it would have been cool if Luke died and she (this mystery sister character) had finished the job for Luke.:cool:

Paden

temple of john said:
I really hope that he doesn't have some revelation in store for Indy 4. Maybe Indy is actually a woman.

I'm also hoping that Lucas doesn't have some terrible revelation waiting at the close of Indy IV, but I have to admit that I laughed my head off when I read this. :cool:

"In ESB Vader's revelation to Luke is powerful:"

Really? Cause as young as I was when ESB came out, even then I knew enough about cliché and the mythic, archetypal "Hero Quest" stuff to see that it was obvious, that was where the story COULD have gone... if one wanted it to be cliché and obvious... Back then I had a higher opinion of George I guess... When he opted for obvious cliché, I felt let down...

roundshort

I will probably get ripped by vp for bringing an old post out, but It blows me away how stupid we all can be watching every little hint of Indy 4

Is it or is it not going to happen?