Indy in Desert Gear and Map Room 7"

hemble

Hi All

When I did the first Disney 7" Indiana Jones figure I knew that I had to do more customs of him and also do other bases to simulate the scenery they were in. So the first one of the rank is Indy in Desert outfit and a custom map room. I have also done a little conversion work to him to get better articulation in the arms(detials below). When the figure and base were done I used Vallejo, Repaer and GW paints to paint and drybrushed them to the desired look.

RECIPE

1: Figure - The figures arms and jacket were removed and then arms from a Angel figure were used as the arms have articultion which can swivel at the bicep area. The hands are from a 7" Artasylum Star Trek figure.

The turbin and robes are real cloth the robes were cut out and glued together using cloth glue,the turbin was done by using strips of the same cloth as the robes but were given a wash of Vallejo paint to make it more movie correct.

2: Base - With the base I used foamcore sheets and placed the original base that came with the figure and traced around it, I then cut out the base and sanded the edges. The buildings which aren't movie accurate I used marine foam I cut and sanded the desired look and glued them to the base.

Once the buildings dried I used a 3 part mix of plaster/fine sand/PVA-woodglue and mixed all the contents together and brushed the mix over the buildings. When the mix dried I painted and drybrushed using Vallejo paints to get the desired look.

3: Bag, Staff of Ra, Map and Tape Measure - The bag is from the figure and cut off the plastic strap and added real leather for the straps and the rubber buckle was cut from the plastic starp sanded and glued in place.

The Staff of Ra has been printed of the net downsized and glued onto some cardboard and then given a coat of Woodlands Scenics Realistic Water to give it that shine, it was then glued onto a skewer stick. The map and tape measure were taken from the net and down sized and printed off.

di1.jpg

di3.jpg

di4.jpg

di5.jpg

di6.jpg

di8.jpg

di9.jpg

Ron

metalinvader

OUTSTANDING!!! You have an amazing talent,Hemble! Thanks for sharing this with us.

What other custom Indy's do you have in mind? I'd love to see a TOD Indy.

hemble

Hi All

deckard24 - Thanks glad you liked it.

Bjorn Heimdall - Cheers mate.

metalinvader - Appreciate the comments thank you, I'm looking at doing Indy from TOD and a small dio, I'll be lookig at doing other characters as well with I can find suitable bodies.

Ron

hemble

Hi All

Blackadder - thank you.

Little Indy
Hey Hemble do you have a pattern for the Indy desert disguise. How did you make it if you don't mind me asking?

Hi LI I got the idea from this section on a fourm I go to.
http://www.ironcowprod.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=199

All I did was follow the instructions but added a little extra width so it would go around the body better.

For the arms I just cut two pieces out and made sure to make the cloth go around the arm with room to move, and also made them longer. I started the edge at the wrists and made the length longer and made it go past the shoulder joint by about 1-1.5cm.

I glued the edges together using material glue and when dried tucked it underneath the robes but allowing room for the arms to move. And then used some material glue where I tucked the material into the robes.

Ron

Canyon

Hemble, again you've done a fantastic job. (y)

I think you maproom Indy is awesome! :whip:

I would love an outfit like that for my Toys McCoy. :D

hemble

Hi All

The_Raiders - cheers mate really glad you liked it.

Canyon - Always a pleasure man and thank you, If I do a 12 inch version that looks good I'll let you know.

Ron

Canyon

hemble said:
Canyon - Always a pleasure man and thank you, If I do a 12 inch version that looks good I'll let you know.

Ron

You're welcome. BTW, I'm a lady. ;) (I guess that's the problem with us not having our own avatars) :whip:

Canyon

No problem. :)

Ask anyone around here and they will tell you I'm one of the biggest Indy droolers here. :rolleyes:

Mike Dowswell

Really love the miniature work I?m seeing on these three that you?ve done. You really have the detail great, have you done anything bigger?

hemble

HI All

Canyon - nothing wrong with drooling over indy (y)

Merek Jones - Thanks for the kind reply.

Mike Dowswell - Appreciate the feedback thank you, I have done a 12" golden idol base you can see it on my website in the Indiana jones section, I am planning on doing some bigger Indy dio's very very soon. I have also done some Bigger Star Wars Dioramas.

Ron