Vin Diesel as villian-It'd be cool huh?

Indy 4

Ian McDirmid, who played Emperor and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in the Star Wars movies could also be a good Indy villan. As long as he not featured with a robe again.:D

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
How about the "big boss" be female? Yeah there was Elsa, but she was just a cronie to the Nazi's. What if there was a female Lao Che?

Raffey

An over 50+ year-old man vs a woman doesn't really ring 'adventurous cliffhanger' to me! :D

Now, if the woman was a young cybernetic robot sent back in time to destroy the entire human race vs a 50+ year-old man...that's different story! And,...a different sequel! :p

Diesel?

Diesel? You have to be kidding. You need a educated, archaeologically savvy villain, not a blunt instrument. Diesel survives because his origins are ambiguous and so he appeals to all groups.

Max Von Syndow would be a good one. Thoughtful and not inherently dangerous looking. No one with a cultured English accent, please. I'm getting tired of everyone who ever studied Shakespeare in acting school being cast as an elitest devil. You can be sure, on TV anyway, if an actor speaks with any fastidiousness he will be the bad guy. Look at Lithgow in Cliffhanger. Shot that knockout lady pilot without hesitation, evil I tell you.

If he talks like Vin Diesel or Sylvester Stallone, he is a man of the people and a hero.

swords

Aaron H said:
How about the "big boss" be female? Yeah there was Elsa, but she was just a cronie to the Nazi's. What if there was a female Lao Che?

Hey! this hasn't been discussed before. I think it sounds like a great idea, I would be in favour for a female antagonist. And not just a Panama Hat or Lao Che, but as the main baddie(maybe another thread is in order?).

Claire

You know Chris Rock and Jackie Chan could also work as Indy's friends!:D :D :D [/B]

Okay, if we're thinking bizarre... What about Owen Wilson as the villan? He can do evil see The Minus Man.

gbr

vin diesel?
i'm sorry but i'd have to go with an emphatic no.
Look what garbage character he has already started...he ripped off james bond big time...i don't think he deserves to be in such a film..no there's talk about XXX sequels...i figure you limit his roles to that and just wait before he gets off his high horse

Finn

Staff member
Guys, somebody less known, as in other films as well. Only big star in Indy IV should HF... (well, maybe SC as well, but that's it!)

bob

Finn said:
Guys, somebody less known, as in other films as well. Only big star in Indy IV should HF... (well, maybe SC as well, but that's it!)

Is it me or has this thread expanded from an attack on Van Diesel to every Big Star (except HF, SC) who may star in this?! :)

Patrick

I think if Vinny did an Indy movie would be a good idea as to make him seem as not as just a bad action hero, Like how Rocky made Stallone ( Well to me) a respectable actor. I think he should be a maniacal guy, or make Indy get in a fight with both Pat and Vin :D. That'd be funny... how'd would he win?

Patrick

Hey! I know he's a spoiled person who, by luck scored a movie career as a action hero. But as a person, I think if he tried, than he could probably become a average actor.

Patrick

Yeah, I don't like Vin ( Just his movies, I don't know him so I can't say anything) On the other hand, I'm just trying to give him a little credit.

Canyon

Actually, thinking about it maybe having Vin Diesel as a bad guy might not necessarily be a bad thing.

I know of someone (a friend of a friend) who hates Harrison :mad: and likes Vin, so to see HF beat the hell out of Vin and see the villan's death would be an interesting thing to see - no offence to fans of Diesel... :D