Don't knok it till you tried it

bob

i certainly think the ideas are interesting but my prejadices aside for a man who has gone after the Ark and the Grail and lived coping with Marion's 'Jerky Boyfriend' would either turn the Indiana Jones films into a very soapy territory or create a comic relief plotline in a series of movies that dont need it really or just break up the usually tightly paced rollercoasters that are the Indy films.

It could work in a novel though i think it is definately a good thing to explore the characters but there is a point where you can scrape the bottom of the barrel where some characters are concerned for example i saw enough of Henry in LC i do not want to see him back unless it has some bering on the plot; his themeatic journey is complete. As for Marion her plot is pretty much complete its not like she was some great subtle creation but i will tolerate her if she has something to add to the plot rather than just a rehash of what has gone before.

FAN

Hey everybody, as Wolfgang said we have already moved past that part of the descussion, we are descussing the possibilty's of what could happen if George Lucas and Steven Speilberg were correct in there statement that Indy had a son. If you wanted to post those thought's you should have done it earlier, when all of you posted saying you din't wan't Indy to have a son,I specifically posted asking everyone why you all thought it was such a terribly bad idea, none of you choose to reply, only Wolfgang kept responding to my post's for the most part in the last couple of pages so when he say's that we have moved past that point of the descussion I agree with him,perhaps at a later date after exsploring the advantages and possibilty's of Indy having a son mabye we will re-open the should he or should he not have a son. So if you post on my thread again please particapate in what you think or your opinion is on what could happen with Indy having a son.Thank-you

FAN

To Wolfgang, know who your talking about now,I don't think he would make the boyfriend type I was thinking of. I was thinking Marion's jerky boyfriend would be more of a self-centered,rich guy/brat, who think's his good look's can atract any one and he can do anything he please's,you know the type.Perhaps Pat Roach could play his right hand man who was'nt with him durring the fight with Indy, but could come in later at the torture chamber in wich part (fallowing Indy tradition ) they have a fight. Indy's son could be taken out of the room for either a seperate interogation or the jerky boyfriend could simply give Pat order's to kill Insy and he's taking Indy's son with him.Pat and Indy would have a fight in wich Indy of course would win, then we have three possibilty's either Indy break's in to the next room and rescue's son, Indy's son escapes, or Indy rejoins the rest of his company and come down on the jerky boyfriend's camp and rescue his son. What do you think?Oh and by the way anyone who say's this is soap opera or boarding on soap opera territory have never seen a soap opera. This sort of a story line is drama,pure and sure drama. What do you think Wolfgang?

RaceKanyon

Snakes, why does it have to be snakes.

I agree completely that Indiana Jones should have a son and not a daughter, due to the fact that some1 needs to take over in the legacy that Indiana Jones has set. Im a 16 year old hardcore Indiana Jones fan. I kno it sounds kind of funny but im open to any comments or critisism. So i just wanted to say i think that you are absolutely correct about him having a kid.

FAN

Dear Race Kanyon,
I am glad you are of this opnion. However I am against Indy's son taking over the family legacy. He should be a part of it,but not take over it. These are Indiana Jones films not the Son of Indiana Jones films.However his son should be a mane character throughout the movie.

FAN

Wolfgang, what are you thinking?If you read this write soon about Indy 4/son plot,and anything else that need's incorperated into this plot, perhaps we should move on soon to character and personality of Indy's son.

wolfgang

JOE JOE JOE! guys, I had a one week brake in a cruise, nad MAN is great to be back, it feels like its been a year. I had a great adventure over there. Anyway, FAN, I like the idea you posted. Pat Roach can be like a dummb guy who laways follows marion's boyfriend. Then wen he tortures indy, he is grabbing him for marion's boyfriend nad then Indy will have to fight not one, but two jerks at the same time.

FAN

Hey Wolfgang, hope you had a great time on the cruise.
Aaron H. just pointed out to me I had the time frame wrong since Raider's happened in 1936 according to the film, so I am thinking why did George Lucas say that Indy IV would be set in the late 1950's? The early 50's would work as well, more so since they had all that secret trial and Red Scare stuff going on heavily around then, more then probably any other time in the 50's. Back to the son plot, glad you liked the idea that the big guy is the bad guy's goon, let me see if I could come up with something else, Hmmm, the boyfriend is going to torture the son but Indy burst's into the room ( after clobbering the big guy )and punch's the nearest guy distracting the bad guy's. The distraction work's great because the boyfriend get's his nose brocken by a back fist to the his face and then thrown ( Judo fasion ) by Indy's son. Indy's son then go's over and start's helping Indy fight them ( seeing that he's use to brawle's working in a bar for along time )and they get out, but they are seperated from the rest of the group since they were specifically targeted by the enemy for interegation.What do you think, Wolfgang?

wolfgang

I think its pretty good, hehe. How abouyt this? Indy comes in the room, his son is tied up with tape on a chair like indy in last crusade, indy whips the boyfriends's arm and instantly whips the boyfriends's goom's neck. They lie on the floor resurecting while indy is cutting the son free. The son has tape on his mouth so when he sees the big guy on the back he stares and goes like "HMMM!!" but to late, he is already fighting indy. The son takes teh tape off and start fighting his...well his unofficial father. Indy ends up killing him for his son. By the way, what's up with the time frame, what did you think? what did you had wrong? anyway, I'll like to know a name for the son...how about Abner Jones? or Sean Jones? write back

FAN

Well Wolfgang that's realy good,
but,uh what do you mean he is fighting his unoficial father? Do you mean Indy's son is fighting Indy? That wouldent make much sense since he just tried to worn Indy that the big guy was before him. As for the time frame I thought that it took place in the 1940's around 1942 and afterwards, but that's okay, by the way some of the people at my other thread DEBATE are saying they should bring back Shorty,I concure except on one point, they wan't Shorty to take over the role position. I think that Shorty should join the exception in Indy IV, mabye even become good friend's with Indy's son. Let's see a name, hmmmmmm, can't be Jones because the sone doesent know Indy's his dad, how about Michael Ravenwood, since his mom's last name is Ravenwood and he's illigtimate,that would work. What do you think? Write back soon.

wolfgang

Okay, i like Michael, its cool, he WILL end up knowing his Jones right? anyway, I meant he fought Marion's boyfriend, so his suposed to be sort of his father. Chaging subject, now wonder you said indy's last fling with Marion was in the 40's...o well, i thought you read that in a comic or something. I haven't checked you Debate threadyet, but I'll check it out tomorrow, I promise to right my opinion on your new crazy idea ;).

FAN

Hey guy's,
Abner could work, but wasn't Abner in the last one? I like Michael better. And yes the son should find out that Indy's his dad, I have several ideas about he find's out but I'll spring them latter. My DEBATE thread is on the should Indy or should he not have a son. Yes he should fight Marion's boyfriend, but her boyfriend realy isn't like his dad, he's just a jerk that Indy's son barely tolerates. I did think about Abner, but I thought that if they brought him back or if they had flash back's it would get confusing. Write back on what you think, mabye the son should keep his name Ravenwood in case they make other Indy V and Indy VI like I heard, which ever movie is the last he could change his name later as a way of accepting fully that Indy is his dad. Well, what do you think?

wolfgang

Nah, there are excellent odds indy V might not happen, so he should change his name to "Jones" at least at the end of the film. Ok, I agree that if he gets the name Abner it'll be confusing, so Michael is an alternative. And I really wouldn't want to see a flash back unless is...an adventre or something. Althoguh he might be on an adventure with Abner on the flash back, but then....I dunno, I'll just like not to see Abner, though if he shows up i know it'll be cool however George and Steven plans it.

FAN

Hey Wolfgang,
I know it's a no go with Indy having a son,
but would you like to continue posting the possibilty's
and advantages on this thread? We were doing great on'this line of conversation, I think it would be fun, what do you
think? Write back soon, FAN

FAN

Well let me see if I can get my juice flowing again. Hmmm,
Well let me ease myself back into the subject, mabye Ill come up with something real juicy tommorow, but for right now let me see, hmm. Ive got it, I think that the reason Ford is against Indy having a son is because he thinks it will A. Make him look old and un-able to do his job as Indy, which alot of fans are already thinking, and B. I think he's jealous of that sort of character and is afraid that mabye people will love the character of Indy's son more then Indy himself, I mean when return of the Jedi came out everyone went gaga over the ewok's, the last thing anyone exspected. Everyone tried to get a ewok action figure, and ewok pictures, ect... mabye he's afraid that this will happen again. What do you think? ahhhhhhh, now my I am getting back on the roll again, mabye I will really come up with something great. What do you think about what I have just posted? FAN

Patrick

Okay, I hope I don't annoy anybody by coming in late to the conversation or make fun of them with out knowing it. I'm serious. I think that Indy having a son would be a great idea. BUT, the thing they have to remember is that it has to have an absolutely new storyline. Not new characters I'd like to see Karen Allen come back as Marion. She was probably the best through my point of view...Then Elsa... Then Willie just because she was given a comedic role. They can't do something like they did in LC. But another ToD would be okay... I like the idea of Indy going to china to get his son, but they can't really do that without being repetitive.