Yippee!!!!!!!!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Marion? I've argued against this before, some of my compadres might feel like giving a more in-depth argument, but I just don't think that it would work. I know Ren here is going to cite The Thin Man series again, but I still say it isn't true to Indy's type of character, as films go.

bob

Much like monkey on Henry i just dont like Marion that much, and her character is not one that needs to be expanded upon (unless she marries Indy there is nothing else for her to do)
I also doubt that the majority of audiences will remember who Marion was, and if she actually appears in the 20 years or so in film time and real time i think that the original character would have gone.

Morrelle

Gentlemen and/or ladies, all I'm saying is: 'I' like Karen Allen. And, if there was ONE female returning for this last Indy film, rumor or not, that seems the most logical.

Reason: Why would you want Willie Scott? Unless she's gonna' do her 'song & dance' routine or complain about her nails; that Nazi chic named Elysa, well, isn't she pushing daisies?

So, Marion would be MY logical choice.

Maybe we can start a new thread on who should be in it and why? Unless this has already been discussed? If so, please disregard previous statement.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Renderking Fisk said:
It's those great little domestic moments that make life worth living. Is it great cinema? I don't know... If Jones was in his office and there was a treat that the Commies were going to get their hands on an artifact and he thought to himself it's someone else's turn... but there is no one else and there's a knock on the door... and its his own littld girl. Then he knows he has to get it done just to save HER... that COULD work.

Attila - Have you seen any of the Thin Man movies yet? They are a riot!

That's actually a nice moment to see in there...but I don't know if the surrounding scenes would be that great.

And as for The Thin Man, well, I've seen the superior one, the original, and yes, it is a riot. I just don't think it's for Indy.

Long live Nick!
Long live Nora!
Long live Asta!

:D