Trilogy on Blu-Ray

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
0001apy2

Surprise!?

Not to nitpick so soon, but why not an “all of” collection of documentaries? Don't sell your DVDs yet...

Le Saboteur

Trailer.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dZ8QPHZvWgs?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dZ8QPHZvWgs?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Hopefully the option to buy them separately is available.

Mephisto

HOLY CRAP. Did anyone notice that although Indy shoots the swordsman first, he shot him with a walkie talkie? I guess this was George and Steven compromising on this issue.

indyclone25

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!! i would have known abvout this earlier but my wife was home all day and wanted me to spend some time with her , women , what don't they understand about a man and his trilogy!!!!!! lol:D

Crack that whip

Holy smokes! :p Finally! :D (y) But I wonder whether all the extras on the extant Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull BD will make it to this new set - will I have to get that disc and this collection for everything (I haven't picked up the KotCS BD yet, as I still lack a BD player, but hopefully I'll have rectified that by the time this comes out...)?

Also, so far I'm just seeing "fall." Has the specific date not yet been announced anywhere?

Also, it's not really "complete" without The (Adventures of) Young Indiana Jones (Chronicles) (hey, someone here had to say it). Of course, who knows whether the show will ever move to high-def (it'd require massive amounts of work, a la the Star Trek series, for a show with much less of a following, but then so did turning it from the Chronicles to the Adventures, and we know George likes to keep tinkering with his past creations...).

But still... huzzah!

indyclone25

Crack that whip said:
Holy smokes! :p Finally! :D (y) But I wonder whether all the extras on the extant Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull BD will make it to this new set - will I have to get that disc and this collection for everything (I haven't picked up the KotCS BD yet, as I still lack a BD player, but hopefully I'll have rectified that by the time this comes out...)?

Also, so far I'm just seeing "fall." Has the specific date not yet been announced anywhere?

Also, it's not really "complete" without The (Adventures of) Young Indiana Jones (Chronicles) (hey, someone here had to say it). Of course, who knows whether the show will ever move to high-def (it'd require massive amounts of work, a la the Star Trek series, for a show with much less of a following, but then so did turning it from the Chronicles to the Adventures, and we know George likes to keep tinkering with his past creations...).

But still... huzzah!
i had rumors of it being released in the middle of sept.

Crack that whip

(Hm. Now that it's been nearly five years already [!!!] since we finally got a fourth movie, and most new releases and developments dealing with the Indy series have been addressing all four movies together for most of that time - DVD releases, novelization anthologies, etc. - isn't it about time we got a subforum here for discussion of "the tetralogy," as distinct from the TV show and the hypothetical fifth film but otherwise including all the extant movies? It could have the current Trilogy and KotCS subforums as sub-subforums, but there probably ought to be a place to collectively discuss all the existing movies together...)

AndyLGR

Great news, I was thinking they weren't going to show any KOTCS in the trailer it appeared that late in it.

indyclone25

just checked out the official indiana jones site , but they have not updated the site at all yet ,so hopefully we will see something there soon , maybe a revamped site?

Udvarnoky

I don't get the impression that they're going to go appropriately crazy with the extras, but having these films in hi-def is the pith of this. Of course I still need to actually get an HD TV and Blu-ray player.

WeAreGoingToDie

Really excited for this!

I picked KOTS up on DVD because I didn't have blu at the time, and since going blu I've been holding off on the KOTS blu-ray in hopes that a release like this would happen.

Wonder how they'll do the packaging? When Star Wars was announced, people looked to other 20th Century Fox releases for an idea of the packaging and they were right: it was just like the Avatar, Alien and Planet of the Apes releases.

The Godfather was a Paramount blu-ray releases. So perhaps we can expect the Indy packaging to look like this:

pkOl8.jpg

I'm hoping they do a bit more than a plastic case with a paper sleeve. I'd like to see a digibook like the Target exclusive KOTS release.

AndyLGR

One of my pet hates with dvd or blu ray packaging is flimsy outer cases that easily get damaged. I liked the Indy DVD release in the cardboard outer case, which is very robust.

I would imagine it'll follow the same format of the Godfather series shown above or the Star Wars release, with the discs housed in plastic trays slotting into an outer case.

I hope we get more than 1 disc of extras too.

Indy Brazil

I wonder if we are going to get a new cover artwork for the Blu-rays or just a reedition of the movie posters. Can I dream with exclusive Drew Struzan's art?

indyclone25

i hope that we do get new artwork, kinda tired with the old movie posters from the vhs to dvd sets, and even the special edition dvds had the posters again.something new and refreshing will be nice .