Desktop Adventures

drjones

I captured these wtih Print Screen and Paint and cobbled them together into two images. It's a Crystal Skull (like in the title of the upcoming movie) from one game and an extra-terrestrial from another. Makes you wonder if they used ideas from it. Here they are:

metalinvader

Man,I havn't played this game in years.To bad my copy bit the dust and doesn't work anymore,Though I still have it in my collection.;)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
desktop_04.gif

(smacks forehead) I just realized where Gilles got the Raven's scroll and bottle status icons. How is it we've never noticed the skull or alien among the fifteen 30-minute quests? Nice find drjones! Does Indy leave Earth then?

drjones

Yes, he does. Look at the second pic I posted. It has a shot of planet Earth. I tried to capture it with the UFO in the picture, but the screen was going a little fast. That was actually an alternate scenario for the mission I played. Here's what Marcus says to Indy when you go into his little office in the game for this particular mission: " I'm exhausted, Indy...all these rumors of strange doings out there in the jungle have my head spinning. And our crew is spooked; they refuse to report to the dig site. You've got to get to the bottom of this, Indy! The success of our expedition is in jeopardy! Now take this (whatever item Marcus gives you in the beginning) and leave me alone, I'm a nervous wreck..."
The other scenario the game designers built into this one was that Indy finds the head of See Threepio!! In the inventory it's called a "Strange Idol", and Indy makes a strange comment about it, and when you bring it back to Marcus he says something to Indy like it is a big joke and a hoax, and that it looks like the head of the robot from the movie Metropolis! Hehe.

I wanted to just edit my above post, but oh well. Here's a pic of the alternate scenario when Indy finds Threepio's head. I had to play the scenario NUMEROUS times to get this, because the game randomizes this mission a lot. So, here is what Indy said, copied and pasted, except for the last part; and what Marcus says in the panel below it:

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateManGod

There was a Star Wars one. It was called Yoda Stories. I remember that one quite fondly. I always wanted the Indy one, but never got it.

OhioJones

That game was/is very hard (at least for me). I just recently put it on my computer again. Maybe I will replay it now! :whip:

Katarn07

UltimateManGod said:
There was a Star Wars one. It was called Yoda Stories. I remember that one quite fondly. I always wanted the Indy one, but never got it.

Same here! Best moment of the whole game (and believe me, there were surprisingly many to be had) is when you meet Indiana Jones!

A. You're a bigger masochist than I for playing this abysmal game.
B. Yeah, not surprising. There are so many story combos in that game that aliens being in one of them seems like a given somehow. Same for the Crystal Skull since it is a relatively famous artifact. The skulls have already been in many other Indy stories...

UltimateManGod

Katarn07 said:
Same here! Best moment of the whole game (and believe me, there were surprisingly many to be had) is when you meet Indiana Jones!

I don't even remember meeting Indy. The only story that I can remember is when Boba Fett kidnapps Yoda. I don't even remember how it ends. Oh well. The game was still quite fun. It may still be somewhere around my house. I'll have to look next time I go home.

drjones

Luke Skywalker meets Indiana Jones in Yoda Stories

In Yoda stories, we find out the fate of our hero in that one scenario I told you about, the one where the alien takes Indy away in a spaceship. The name of the planet he took him to was Xanatar. In Yoda Stories, Luke Skywalker is on a mission on an ice planet to destroy a cloning lab; when Luke steps outside the facility for a moment, the same alien we saw in Indy Desktop Adventures comes to take Luke to Xanatar as well, to "cheer" up Indy. Luke suggests the alien take him back to Earth. I didn't want to clog up the post with a bunch of images, so here is one, just to give you an idea of it:

Last edited by a moderator:

No Ticket

UltimateManGod said:
I don't even remember meeting Indy. The only story that I can remember is when Boba Fett kidnapps Yoda. I don't even remember how it ends. Oh well. The game was still quite fun. It may still be somewhere around my house. I'll have to look next time I go home.

Yeah, I don't remember you getting to meet Indy either! lol. That's cool though. I have those games put up in storage somewhere with a lot of my OLD PC games like Rebel Assault II and Infernal Machine, this makes me wanna bust 'em out.

Somewhere around here is...

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade for the Commodore 64. Yup.

OhioJones

drjones said:
In Yoda stories, we find out the fate of our hero in that one scenario I told you about, the one where the alien takes Indy away in a spaceship. The name of the planet he took him to was Xanatar. In Yoda Stories, Luke Skywalker is on a mission on an ice planet to destroy a cloning lab; when Luke steps outside the facility for a moment, the same alien we saw in Indy Desktop Adventures comes to take Luke to Xanatar as well, to "cheer" up Indy. Luke suggests the alien take him back to Earth. I didn't want to clog up the post with a bunch of images, so here is one, just to give you an idea of it:

Oh no! So Indy is stuck in space forever? ;)

I just started to replay this gem. Who here can remember how to get around these rocks:
desktopdh5.jpg

Last edited:

drjones

Other than me? ;) Just kidding. Yeah, that's easy. Just use left shift key and down arrow to move the stone to get the map. Trust me, the map is your best friend in this game-you won't be able to complete an adventure without it. And it helps with map warp locations too- the little crosshair icon places where you can jump particular places in the area by just standing on the pad, going into your map, clicking on another one, and presto, you're at another section. Good for jumping distances that otherwise you would have to backtrack to on foot. Unfortunately, not all adventures have a bunch of these-sometimes only one, maybe two; whereas in other ones you could have as many as six.

OhioJones

I got this game when I was very young, probably shortly after it came out, in 96' making me 6.

It was impossible and though I really thought it was cool, I gave up. Several years later, I uploaded it to my comp again. This time I was better, yet still impossible.

And now I just uploaded it again. And for the first time in my life I beat an adventure!

indywinye1.jpg

You're right. The key is the map. After that it's cake.

I really enjoyed it too. Can't wait to play more.

It's never a bad time for an Indy ADVENTURE break!

OhioJones

Well looks like i'm right back to the frustration. Any help would be apreciated.

Ok; I got to a point in a world where the map read: needs tool. I used the crowbar to get through the locked gate, then I went into the house and the door was open, inside the house were nazis. I killed them and got a health pack and now I can't figure out what to do. The puzzle peice remains unsolved.
desktophelpvz4.jpg

drjones

Okay, Ohio, I can help you out here. Any of the items you are going to get, they are either hiding in plain sight; but most of the time they are under something. Case in point, the house you posted a picture of. See that little stool in the bedroom? Go up to it and press left shift and the down arrow to move it. Chances are, the item you will need to get will be under that stool. If not, check under the other stool and the wood box doing the same thing. And by the way, see that white cabinet in the bedroom? Go up to it. There is going to be a first aid kit you can collect there. Any buildings with white cabinets, nine out of ten times, will have a first aid kit to collect. Comes in handy when you can't get back to the main square to get yerba buena from the medicine man or bananas from Gabriela.

OhioJones

drjones said:
Okay, Ohio, I can help you out here. Any of the items you are going to get, they are either hiding in plain sight; but most of the time they are under something. Case in point, the house you posted a picture of. See that little stool in the bedroom? Go up to it and press left shift and the down arrow to move it. Chances are, the item you will need to get will be under that stool. If not, check under the other stool and the wood box doing the same thing. And by the way, see that white cabinet in the bedroom? Go up to it. There is going to be a first aid kit you can collect there. Any buildings with white cabinets, nine out of ten times, will have a first aid kit to collect. Comes in handy when you can't get back to the main square to get yerba buena from the medicine man or bananas from Gabriela.

Thanks doc! I should have known:

indysolvedcd9.jpg

It's good to know an expert exists for every game, no matter how old/obscure.

Now on with the adventure.

Inbanana

Just found and started playing this game... Is every world randomized... and are they all solvable...? I can't figure out what to do with the ladder or how to get water in the bucket (even tho its all around me)... :(