whose better indiana jones or han solo

• indiana jones

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • han solo

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

indyclone25

it was on tonight and indiana jones was better than han solo --as it should be !!!! what do you all think my vote is for indiana jones

deckard24

Hands down Indy takes the prize.

Han is the man, and probably my first real on-screen hero, but once I saw Raiders he was eclipsed. Not to mention, you can't beat the fact there's a little of Han in the character of Indy. Plus, there's no contest as to who has the cooler outfit!

DocWhiskey

Being both a fan of Solo and Indy equally.

Yeah, Indy would win.

He kicks more ass in ToD then Han does in the entire SW trilogy. And Indy does it with his fists. Han uses a blaster. Plus remember Han trying to take out that speeder bike trooper in RotJ? Takes him forever.

mister64

It's really close between the two, but I'd say Han since he has the Millennium Falcon. Indy is the better dresser, better fighter, and smarter though.

Imagine if Indy flew the Falcon around the galaxy to search for alien artifacts. Now that would be cool!

Darth Vile

Han Solo is an iconic character from a truly great movie. Personally, I actually think it was Ford who turned the character of Solo, from what could be a very cliched and 2 dimensional character, into something a little more iconic....

Saying that, Solo is part of an ensemble piece and has to share screen time with even more iconic characters (he doesn't even really get to have his own John Williams theme). Indiana Jones on the other hand, is the main focal point of all the Indy movies. As such, I find his character to be more interesting and somewhat more developed (even if not multi faceted).

It's also worth pointing out that (as already touched upon), Ford's performance makes both the characters of Han Solo and Indiana Jones more than what they should be. And I think it's what Ford brings to the roles (his own personality and interpretation) that truly make them the iconic characters they are.

deckard24

Darth Vile said:
Han Solo is an iconic character from a truly great movie. Personally, I actually think it was Ford who turned the character of Solo, from what could be a very cliched and 2 dimensional character, into something a little more iconic....

Saying that, Solo is part of an ensemble piece and has to share screen time with even more iconic characters (he doesn't even really get to have his own John Williams theme). Indiana Jones on the other hand, is the main focal point of all the Indy movies. As such, I find his character to be more interesting and somewhat more developed (even if not multi faceted).

It's also worth pointing out that (as already touched upon), Ford's performance makes both the characters of Han Solo and Indiana Jones more than what they should be. And I think it's what Ford brings to the roles (his own personality and interpretation) that truly make them the iconic characters they are.
Good points!

Like I said in my previous post, the fact that there's a bit of Han in the character of Indy is a win-win situation. If it wasn't for Ford's performance of Solo, taking a more 2-dimensional character and turning him into such an iconic role (like you said:hat: ), the movie as a whole would've been lacking. For Star Wars and Empire, Solo is very much the lynchpin character, thanks specifically to what Ford brought to the table. However the character of Solo is an ensemble character, and sadly he never gets enough time to really develop further after ESB. This is one of the big reasons for why Han is lacking in comparison to Indy, he's an undeveloped character.

Indy on the other hand, is for the most part a fully fleshed out character, with a history, as much as some would rather he'd remained mysterious. Lastly, as cool as Han is, a blaster, tight pants, and a vest, don't exactly compete with a dusty old fedora, probably the coolest leather jacket ever, the boots, the bag, the pistol, and last but not least a bullwhip!:whip:

Darth Vile

deckard24 said:
Good points!

Like I said in my previous post, the fact that there's a bit of Han in the character of Indy is a win-win situation. If it wasn't for Ford's performance of Solo, taking a more 2-dimensional character and turning him into such an iconic role (like you said:hat: ), the movie as a whole would've been lacking. For Star Wars and Empire, Solo is very much the lynchpin character, thanks specifically to what Ford brought to the table. However the character of Solo is an ensemble character, and sadly he never gets enough time to really develop further after ESB. This is one of the big reasons for why Han is lacking in comparison to Indy, he's an undeveloped character.

Indy on the other hand, is for the most part a fully fleshed out character, with a history, as much as some would rather he'd remained mysterious. Lastly, as cool as Han is, a blaster, tight pants, and a vest, don't exactly compete with a dusty old fedora, probably the coolest leather jacket ever, the boots, the bag, the pistol, and last but not least a bullwhip!:whip:

Agreed. Also, somewhat ironically, the more they developed Han's character i.e. made him a bit softer/less selfish... the less interesting he becomes. Han Solo will always be a smart ass out for himself rogue IMHO, rather than the love striken goody he turns into by ROTJ. Solo did get more screen time/pithy dialogue in TESB, but for me, Solo is best defined in ANH ;)

deckard24

Darth Vile said:
Agreed. Also, somewhat ironically, the more they developed Han's character i.e. made him a bit softer/less selfish... the less interesting he becomes. Han Solo will always be a smart ass out for himself rogue IMHO, rather than the love striken goody he turns into by ROTJ. Solo did get more screen time/pithy dialogue in TESB, but for me, Solo is best defined in ANH ;)
Very true, by the time ROTJ came out Han was kind of boring, but that had a lot to do with how little screen time he had. I agree that once the Han/Leia romance kicked into high gear, he became a little less interesting. It's a big part of the reason that despite the film's progressively mixed reviews, the character of Jack Sparrow in the Pirates series, has remained just as fun and fresh as in the first installment. Sparrow stayed the same sarcastic rogue throughout the three films, as opposed to Han who became a little neutered by the end of ESB. In his defense though, you don't get more badass then his "I know!" response to Leia's "I Love you!"!

Darth Vile

deckard24 said:
Very true, by the time ROTJ came out Han was kind of boring, but that had a lot to do with how little screen time he had. I agree that once the Han/Leia romance kicked into high gear, he became a little less interesting. It's a big part of the reason that despite the film's progressively mixed reviews, the character of Jack Sparrow in the Pirates series, has remained just as fun and fresh as in the first installment. Sparrow stayed the same sarcastic rogue throughout the three films, as opposed to Han who became a little neutered by the end of ESB. In his defense though, you don't get more badass then his "I know!" response to Leia's "I Love you!"!

Again I agree. Don't get me wrong, I think Han Solo is great in TESB... it's just that slight "neutering" as you say, is why I think Indiana Jones is ultimately the better overall character.

Morning Bell

Indy's my favorite fictional hero, so obviously he gets my vote. However, Han is cool in his own right and Ford played both characters wonderfully.:whip: