This is a castle and there are tapestries...

nezobiwan

Hey everyone. New member here. Yup....

I'm in class right now (college) and I'm SUPER bored. Decided to take a break from that boredom and say "howdeee."

I'm only a member of one other message board on the entire web, so I'm picky about which ones I join.... you should feel special. :cool:

I can't remember the first time I saw Indiana Jones, as I was born in 1982 and have been practically fed Indy/Skywalker lore intravenously from birth. I've been to Disney World more times than I can count and I've seen the Indiana Jones Stunt Show so many times that I could name you 4 friends and family members who have been selected as "extras."

I'm also a big 'Pirates' fan. This past May, my friends and I had a huge Pirates of the Caribbean themed party for the opening of At World's End. We dressed up, made specialized props and grub and had a group of about 23 people all see the movie together.

My husband are planning to do something similar for Indy 4. :D

We've only just begun (*has creepy flashback of '1408'*) to think of ideas. I think I've made a costume decision and I'll post details in the forum for Indy gear/props as I think that's the most appropriate place for such a discussion.

Looking forward to my new home!

"Whiskey?"

Niteshade007

Cool, welcome. I see a lot of similarities between us. Out of curiosity, if you don't mind telling, what school are you attending? I'm at FSU.

Niteshade007

Haha, both of my parents both went to USF, and I used to live in the townhouses behind the Shapes right down the road. I grew up in Temple Terrace. Even went to school right down the road. Had passes to MOSI, and used to frequent University Mall (not so much anymore, I usually go to Citrus or Brandon).

As far as similarities go, I also go to Disney a lot (although not since this summer, it is four hours away now), I love the Pirates movies, and I know two people who have been in the stunt show (next time though I'm gonna be in it, I can feel it, lol).

nezobiwan

The class was Global Conservation. It's an exit course so it's super easy, but also super dull. The professor just lectures the whole time and we have to read these huge .pdfs instead of having a textbook. I've tried to get away with not printing the articles, but I have my first paper due soon and it looks like I'm going to need to print them anyhow. :(

Yeah, Niteshade007 looks like we do have a bit in common! Though you sound like a Florida native. I'm actually from up north. Since you're a 'POTC' fan, you might be interested in my Pirates party pictures. I'm the one dressed as Liz Swann. We also went to the midnight showing at the AMC in Downtown Disney.

Hoping to do some similar stuff with our Indy party! Still brainstorming, so I appreciate anyone's ideas or tips!

Niteshade007

Great pictures. Yes, I am a Florida native.

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm in the process of discussing with my friends the possibility of dressing up for Indiana Jones. Not really sure how it will go. We did dress up for the Spider-Man 3 movie, though. I'll get around to making an album later. The response now is: "are there enough characters to dress up as?"

Johan

Hate to be a stickler but shouldn't the title of this thread be
"This is a castle and there are MANY tapestries"

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Niteshade007 said:
Great pictures. Yes, I am a Florida native.

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm in the process of discussing with my friends the possibility of dressing up for Indiana Jones. Not really sure how it will go. We did dress up for the Spider-Man 3 movie, though. I'll get around to making an album later. The response now is: "are there enough characters to dress up as?"

Ought to be, unless your group is sized upwards of 20 or so...

Niteshade007

Yes, there's about 10 (give or take a few) that would be willing to do it. The problem is they don't really know Indiana Jones all that well, so they think basically there's just Indiana Jones, the girl, and the bad guy. I still think it's a little too early to push the issue too much, but once it gets closer I'll get them into it. They won't really have a choice, lol.

nezobiwan

Johan said:
Hate to be a stickler but shouldn't the title of this thread be
"This is a castle and there are MANY tapestries"

Hate to also be a stickler, but shouldn't there be a question mark at the end of your sentence?

:p ;)

Honestly... I had my Global Conservation professor rambling in my ear; I was struggling to stay awake!

As far as dressing up for 'Indy 4' goes, it doesn't have to be a big thing the way our 'Pirates' party turned out. We didn't have 23 different costumes and unique characters for that. In fact we only had two people dress up as anyone specific, everyone else was just his/her unique interpretation of a pirate or people just wore a 'Pirates' tee and had a bandanna.

Granted, Indy is less general; I'm just thinking that anyone who shows enthusiasm--even if that person merely dons a paper fedora and brandishes a licorice whip--is part of the group. And that's the spirit of the thing. There's a large spectrum of people--and therefore Indy fans--in this world and each person should be able to go as far as they're comfortable (and able).

So all I'm aiming for is a 'party' atmosphere and encouragement to get goofy once in a while.