Indy's Whip: Top Three Merchandise Picks of 2008...

Forbidden Eye

http://boxwish.com/blog/view/438-pick-of-2008-the-three-best-merchandise-spots

With only a month and a half left of 2008, we at Boxwish are starting to get all nostalgic looking back over what has been a great year for films. In the action genre there was the return of old favourites Indiana Jones, James Bond and Batman with some exciting new kids on the block like Iron Man also making their mark. Boyish comedies consistently delivered laughs such as Tropic Thunder, Pineapple Express and Step Brothers, while ladies got a strong shout-out with the likes of Sex and the City and Mamma Mia! Adorable robot WALL•E stole hearts, musicals as diverse as High School Musical 3 and Sweeney Todd had us tapping our feet and directors such as Guy Ritchie (RocknRolla) and the Coen brothers (No Country for Old Men, Burn After Reading) made dramatic comebacks. And so as the year that was begins to wind up, we look back at some of our favourite spots from 2008’s movies kicking off with three of the best merchandise spots.

......................................................................................................................................................

2. Indiana Jones sound FX whip

Showing the young guns how it’s done was Indiana Jones who returned in the long-awaited fourth instalment of the adventure saga in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. As always, the intrepid explorer had his trusty whip and we’ve rustled up this fantastic toy of it which has all the fun of the screen version but none of that nasty danger. In contrast, this three-foot one by Hasbro is kitted out with special sound effects that recreate that whip sound and play the theme music! And all with a carry strap to take the weight off when you face baddies that need bringing in line.

Get the Indiana Jones Sound FX Whip.

Mickiana

I got the twelve foot twelve plait version of Indy's Raiders whip from David Morgan. It is so extraordinarily well made that I couldn't imagine getting anything else. For some Indy music I just whistle or hum the tune while I crack that beaut like a cannon.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Mickiana said:
I got the twelve foot twelve plait version of Indy's Raiders whip from David Morgan. It is so extraordinarily well made that I couldn't imagine getting anything else. For some Indy music I just whistle or hum the tune while I crack that beaut like a cannon.

Yeah, but you don't really want that for kids is, I think, the point.