Why does Indy wear glasses?

whipem

He only wears them in the classroom. What does he need them for, because if he's reading an inscription in a foreign language or something like that he doesn't seem to need them.

Any thoughts?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
And I suppose from a character stand-point, it helps to signify the change from Indiana Jones, professor of archaelogy to Indiana Jones, obtainer of rare antiquities.

Maybe he wears the glasses to try and hide his hotness from the adoring female students (obviously, this attempt is useless, as evidenced by the girl with the writing on her eyelids).

LOL jk

Canyon

Indygirl21 said:
Maybe he wears the glasses to try and hide his hotness from the adoring female students (obviously, this attempt is useless, as evidenced by the girl with the writing on her eyelids).

LOL jk

Why, I really don't understand what you mean by that Indygirl 21! :D

Indy is a complete hottie! Now, why would he want to disguise those handsome good looks from the girls? teehee

<small>BTW, a picture for you!</small>
http://apartment42.com/images/indy10de.jpg

So that he can yank them off dramatically (or coolly)!

*Gives overly enthusiatic up and gives huge, disgustingly goofy grin* ;)

For those that didn't understand that joke, watch the SNL reruns on Comedy Central and look for an episode with Alec Baldwin. You'll find it sooner or later. :D

Canyon said:
Indygirl21 said:

LOL jk

Why, I really don't understand what you mean by that Indygirl 21! :D

Indy is a complete hottie! Now, why would he want to disguise those handsome good looks from the girls? teehee

<small>BTW, a picture for you!</small>
http://apartment42.com/images/indy10de.jpg

Haha....btw thanks for the pic! It's VERY nice!

whipem

I'm pretty sure they're not reading glasses since (as I said before) he seems to read well without them, even if it's a foreign language.

Venture

My guess would be theatrical value. He wears them in the "love scene" with Willie in TOD, and he isn't reading anything legible then.

fatima

I think the glasses give him intellectual looks...but yes on an another hand why was he wearing them in the love scene in TOD? :rolleyes:
And he can't desguise or hide his handsome looks from the girls wearing glasses!!
Thanks for the pic. Canyon ;)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Why does he have them in the ToD love scene? It's twofold:

1) Continuity - he had them during the banquet
2) Symbolism - he was, in a way, in scholarly mode while seducing Willie ("nothing shocks me, I'm a scientist")

Indyologist

I read somewhere that Indy is nearsighted. Could be wrong, though. But just think of all the books he had to read from college onwards...

Indygirl21 said:

LOL jk

crap, you guys saw me?! :p

Leia Organa Solo said:
Indygirl21 said:

LOL jk

crap, you guys saw me?! :p

Um, no, that was me!

lol