Indiana Jones trilogy secret game

Indy Brazil

20 Things You Never Knew Almost Happened in the Game Industry

19. Someone Worked on a Secret Indiana Jones Game

"Six or seven years back, I won't say who I was working for, but we were working on an Indiana Jones trilogy game based on the first three movies," says Rex Dickson, lead single-player level designer at Kaos Studios (Homefront). "That game ended up not coming out for whatever reason -- I can go on a long diatribe about why -- but it was just really cool, because we had the full Hovitos temple built out with the rolling boulder, and it was all awesome. That would've been Xbox/PS2 -- that generation."

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb was released seven years ago (2003) and we know that Collective Studios worked on a sequel that never happened sometime after ET shipped. Maybe it was this game?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
We'd also heard that Staff of Kings was originally going to include some extra levels based on sequences in the films. Wonder if these two rumors are related?

Enich Kadar

I still think a Raiders 3D game could be the best game of the Indy franchise. Voice acting wise you could return most of the original cast. Other than Ford, not many of the actors are busy or working now-a-days. I'm sure Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, and John Rhys-Davis would do the game, and certain scenes would play out well as levels.

Hmmf, a fellow can dream can't he...

JRJENNINGS86

it would be awesome to have Indy games based on the movies. i have the lego games which are fun and allow for a good laugh at the sillyness but being able to controll the movies, wow what a dream come true:whip:

Indy's brother

As far as Ford voice-acting, I believe he said once that he is not interested (can't find a quote or a source, sorry). However, he is now taking his first tenuous steps into the gaming world, albiet as a consultant for an facebook game with an "eco-friendly" message. Not anything that I'm interested in, but it may open his mind to the idea a little.