Obama's first day, (or second...or third)*

Goonie

KVoss said:
If I remember correctly, if your looking at the swearing in head on, Speilberg and Capshaw are all the way to the left (off the Inaugural platform) in the first couple of rows next to John Cusack.(Cusack is sitting on the very end, first row I believe...) If you find him, then go a little to your right and that's where Spielberg is....Hope this helps a bit!!!!:hat:

Still can't find Spielberg. Problem is the left side is hidden. The camera that took the photo isn't in the center looking Obama straight on. Is there any centered photos available anywhere?

DoomTown

Goonie said:
Still can't find Spielberg. Problem is the left side is hidden. The camera that took the photo isn't in the center looking Obama straight on. Is there any centered photos available anywhere?

Try the photosynth thing on CNN...Thats where I saw them point out Spielberg in the firstplace...I think you can search for it under "The Moment"...Again, hope it helps, and good luck!!!!:D

You guys are so lucky. In Britain, we have a former Monty Python member for prime minister. Gordon Brown IS Terry Jones. He does, indeed, wear no trousers at meetings! He also plays the organ in nothing but black socks and a bow tie.

God Bless America!

Vance

Doesn't anyone else find it at all disturbing that CNN actually defines Obama's inauguration as "The Moment"?

I wonder, honestly, why our fathers and grandfathers fought fascism when that's exactly what so many people since WWII really do want from their political leaders. "Benevolent Fascists". Only with a far more politically correct term, I'm sure.

(And, please read what I actually said here. I didn't say that Obama was a fascist, that just a large number of his followers, particularly many in the media, WANT him to be one - hell, there's already a bill in Congress to strip the term limits on being President JUST for Obama.)

The Man

herr gruber said:
You guys are so lucky. In Britain, we have a former Monty Python member for prime minister. Gordon Brown IS Terry Jones. He does, indeed, wear no trousers at meetings! He also plays the organ in nothing but black socks and a bow tie.

God Bless America!

I firmly believe that Alastair Darling is a Thunderbird puppet.

Finn

Staff member
Vance said:
Doesn't anyone else find it at all disturbing that CNN actually defines Obama's inauguration as "The Moment"?

I wonder, honestly, why our fathers and grandfathers fought fascism when that's exactly what so many people since WWII really do want from their political leaders. "Benevolent Fascists". Only with a far more politically correct term, I'm sure.

(And, please read what I actually said here. I didn't say that Obama was a fascist, that just a large number of his followers, particularly many in the media, WANT him to be one - hell, there's already a bill in Congress to strip the term limits on being President JUST for Obama.)
It is kind of disturbing, however no one can blame Obama for that. Ironically, if you wish to blame someone (and you shouldn't), you should lay it on Mr. Bush. Had the previous president been a little more contemporary (or more likely if the contrast between these two men was less eloquent), there would not likely be the kind of sense of "Obamanation" as there is now.

And what comes to these creepy visions of future, I'd say it's all cool as long as Obama himself doesn't start to act that way. As to this point, all we've seen is an extremely liberal president, but will that present a threat to what's been written in the US constitution remains to be seen.

Joe Brody

Finn said:
Anyway, this is just madly cool.
There are tons of detail in that pic. Try to find Steven Spielberg.

I'm not looking for Spielberg -- but the Scalia kills me. He looks like he wants to throw up. And Clarence Thomas looks like he's sleeping.

. . .and I think I found an angry Newt Gingrich. What's up with that?

WillKill4Food

Finn said:
Just for the record, I was simply referring to the renaming of this thread.

Anyway, this is just madly cool.
There are tons of detail in that pic. Try to find Steven Spielberg.

Also take a good look at Former President Bush who's sitting directly behind Obama - he doesn't look happy at all.
Wow, that is awesome detail!
And I did find Steven Spielberg, at least I think it's him. :cool:

Pale Horse

Staff member
The Invisible Man

Note the suspended hat under the 'favorites' tab in this print screen shot:

untitled.jpg

Anyone see that? Wiped clean by the wrath of God, maybe?