New Acquisitions!!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
Quote transplanted from the Supanova Pop Culture Convention thread:
Congrats, Violet.(y) I only have 6 of the 12 so now you have 3 more than me! Which issues did you find?

I was wondering when you'd notice...:p

I managed to get 2, 4 and 5 this year. I am missing: 6,7 and 12. And whats even funnier is that I didn't even use the internet to get any of the issues in my collection. I got all of mine from Supanovas.

boots013

Some very cool finds in here. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

My latest are a few items my sister snagged for me when her and the family took a recent trip to Disney World.

PVC set:
img0342edited1.jpg

A close-up of Indy's 'crazy eyes' :eek:
img0343edited1.jpg

Mickey Collector's pin (with real rolling boulder! :cool:):
img0345edited1.jpg

ROB98374

I got a few new things today.
First is the "Eye of Mara" Snow Globe from the 2005, 10th Anniversary Event at Disneyland. They were limited to 300.
photobucket-2984-1321496298054.jpg

photobucket-2187-1321496244142.jpg

Then I got 6 out 12 of the Indiana Jones books. All first editions.
photobucket-3137-1321496169572.jpg

Finally I got 6 calanders from 2008-2010
photobucket-2356-1321496206121.jpg

shazamtd

I just got back home from my local Salvation Army where I picked up the soundtrack to Last Crusade on cassette for the hefty sum of $0.30. (y)

TrustMe

I've only been collecting for a year, these are the two things I started with: Raiders board game and Temple of Doom record

232323232%7Ffp6357%3B%3Enu%3D8934%3E%3B69%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3486589963348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp7343%3B%3Enu%3D8934%3E%3B69%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3486589964348nu0mrj

This I got from a retailer in the UK (couldn't find it offered anywhere else) It's not exactly a collector's item, but I couldn't say no. It's a canvas stretched over wooden frame

232323232%7Ffp6356%3B%3Enu%3D8934%3E%3B69%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D34865%3A9%3B8%3B348nu0mrj

adventure_al

Early Christmas

Just exchanged presents with my best mate, we decided to open them early.

3 Indiana Jones books. (y) and that is why he is my best mate! :D

Just acquired these...

IndianaJonesOriginalTrilogyScriptCollection.jpg

...all below retail and thankfully all in fantastic shape! The wait to see actual condition was worrisome considering some of my other new acquisitions.

The photos are a nice addition to the script, which at first glance is sadly transcribed from the film. Have to see what they write for "So Wah Mu"...

Henry W Jones

Billy Ray said:
Christmas gift from my loving wife:

IMG_0278.jpg
[/IMG]

One more step closer to completing my vintage collection :D

So that's who outbid me!!!!! ;) That's awesome of your wife!!! I still need him + Sallah, Swordsman, Indy, German Disguise Indy, the Arabian Stallion and the Cargo Truck. I went after playsets and figures unavailable in the newer line first. Now I need to get the rest!! Which one's do you still need?

Billy Ray

Pretty sure she got it from Amazon. As far as figures go, I still need the regular Belloq and possibly Marion, I had her but can't find her anywhere. I think the horse and the truck are the only other pieces I need after that.

inky_skin

Billy Ray said:
Christmas gift from my loving wife:

IMG_0278.jpg

One more step closer to completing my vintage collection :D

Wow - nice one Billy. Never seen Belloq in a mailer box before (I know that's how he shipped). My latest vintage acquisition is still in transit - MIB complete Kenner Well of the Souls playset - will post pics once it arrives. My wife bought me a Wested jacket for Christmas - God love her !

Henry W Jones

inky_skin said:
Wow - nice one Billy. Never seen Belloq in a mailer box before (I know that's how he shipped). My latest vintage acquisition is still in transit - MIB complete Kenner Well of the Souls playset - will post pics once it arrives. My wife bought me a Wested jacket for Christmas - God love her !

He is rather common in the mailer on ebay. Still a great find!!!!!

Billy Ray

The mailer box was opened, but the baggie is sealed. I am debating on whether or not to open it. I am not really a carded/packaged collector, and certainly don't collect for the investment...but this thing has been sealed for close to what? 30 years? It almost seems sacreligous to open it ;)

Glad to hear you found a Well of the Souls Inky, I saw you had been looking for one. My childhood one disappeared over the years...along with Marion and I recently got one from a guy on Rebelscum for $40, but it was missing the mummy and a few snakes.

inky_skin

Billy Ray said:
It was missing the mummy and a few snakes...

Give me a couple of weeks - I may be able to hook you up with a mummy in the same way we addressed your missing wrench and rocket launcher ;)

Henry W Jones

All of last month mummy on ebay under $20.
Just checked $29.95 for mummy on custom back card on ebay. $5.95 shipping.

Last edited:

Billy Ray

inky_skin said:
Give me a couple of weeks - I may be able to hook you up with a mummy in the same way we addressed your missing wrench and rocket launcher ;)

Dude, that would be awesome!