Indy Legos!!!

fixer79

Thanks for the info Chromium, Sankara and Dr. Indy!

That Jungle Cutter looks like one heck of a vehicle! I'm sure it'll turn out to be a smashing LEGO set!

Boy, these ARE exciting times, aren't they? ;)

My only concern is that one or two spoilers have snuck into this thread. I didn't mean too...
Maybe some people don't want to hear about the jungle cutter or the temple of Akator yet...
Maybe this thread needs some Indy IV spoiler warning in its title now?
Whattaya guys think?

In any case, I'm really getting thrilled about what LEGO has in store for us Indy fans!
:D

fixer79

A clearer pic of the truck chase popped up on brickshelf.com...

7622.jpg

I had to think back to that LEGO spokesman who said in an interview that no Nazi minifigures would be included in the sets... not even generic soldiers.
Guess he was wrong...
;)

ChromiumBlue37

Fantastic find, Fixer79!

Something about the back of the truck that I just can't stand. Why is the flap permanently open? Also wondering if that is supposed to be the Ark in cargo hold, it looks like a golden chest only filled with jewels?

NamedAfterDaDog

fixer79 said:
I had to think back to that LEGO spokesman who said in an interview that no Nazi minifigures would be included in the sets... not even generic soldiers.
Guess he was wrong...
;)

Just took the words right out of my mouth. ;)

Well, that Jungle Cutter is very interesting, much more so thinking it will be a lego set one day. I've never paid attention to those Hawaii pics....
Also, the River Chase did happen. In Last Crusade, there was the boat chase in Venice, remember? I wonder....
:)

Niteshade007

Yeah, the ark is filled with jewels and isn't a custom piece like I was kind of hoping for, but oh well. I'm also a little disappointed we don't get Belloq, Toht, and Colonel Dietrich in a car, but that would be a lot of figures for that one set, which if I had to guess was maybe the $35 set. I believe I read that the $20 one was Well of Souls, and the most expensive ($50+) is obviously going to be the one with the boulder.

Temple of Akatar will probably be the biggest set ($80+), and will most likely have all the characters. That's exciting.

fixer79

Yeah, I also wonder what's up with the Ark... It does look like a diamond-filled treasure chest...
Still, I believe the pictures aren't final. I reckon they're package mock-ups done with prototype photographs... The final products may vary slightly.
It has happened in the past with LEGO Star Wars sets.

NamedAfterDaDog said:
Also, the River Chase did happen. In Last Crusade, there was the boat chase in Venice, remember? I wonder....
:)

Not really. It was a chase on water alright... but it was on a canal, not a river.
Like Attila said, that river set is more than likely an Indy IV set...

Still, I'm sure that a set depicting the boat chase in Last Crusade will follow in the next couple of years!
Mmmm... minifig Elsa...
;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
According to a Danish guy on an another forum who knows people at LEGO the leaked pics are not final versions.

Niteshade007

I didn't think they would be. The faces are a bit too plain, the outfits not quite right, and everything just doesn't quite feel "right." not that I'm expecting major changes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the final result didn't look exactly like these.

I think I read on here that these come out in January. Is that still correct, or have they been bumped up for a Christmas release or what?

indy34

7622.jpg

I just noticed I don't know if any one else saw its but in the back of the truck the ark is a treasure chest with gems falling out if you look closley you can see it:confused:

Woops just saw that people did see it:eek:

Niteshade007

indy34 said:
I just noticed I don't know if any one else saw its but in the back of the truck the ark is a treasure chest with gems falling out if you look closley you can see it

Not to sound too terribly mean, but that's what we've been talking about...

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Also wondering if that is supposed to be the Ark in cargo hold, it looks like a golden chest only filled with jewels?

Niteshade007 said:
Yeah, the ark is filled with jewels and isn't a custom piece like I was kind of hoping for, but oh well

fixer79 said:
Yeah, I also wonder what's up with the Ark... It does look like a diamond-filled treasure chest.

And those were posted just above yours.

*EDIT: Just saw that you edited yours. Again, not trying to be mean, just pointing out other people's posts

fixer79

Niteshade007 said:
everything just doesn't quite feel "right." not that I'm expecting major changes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the final result didn't look exactly like these.

Absolutely right. Like I said, it has happened with quite a few Star Wars LEGO sets. The final products looked quite different from the early leaked prototype pictures.
As an example, I've made a little comparison between a prototype picture and a final product picture of the 'Wookiee Attack' set. Spot the differences ;)

7256comparison.jpg

ChromiumBlue37

That's right! Thanks for the image comparison. Makes my mind at ease now. Lego more than likely has to come up with a quick mock-up to present to retailers.

Hopefully the production Well of the Souls playset will look a lot differently.

Niteshade007

I'm guessing it will. Look at the generic pieces used in that original Star Wars set. Nothing really special about them. Yet the released one has several custom pieces. I'm willing to bet we'll see the same. Perhaps the Jackal's head will have eyes or something, making it look less generic, and its clothes will be a little more detailed. I'm hoping for a few Marion changes (the fact that she's wearing pants kind of annoys me). Indy is great, but we saw the prototype for him a while ago, so my guess is that he is completely done.

NamedAfterDaDog

Excellent. I'm very happy with the sets already, and if they are just "mock ups" that's fine. If not, I know others won't, but I'll still be fine with 'em.

fixer79

Check out this catalogue scan... It's got a clearer pic of the Temple set... :D

indy.jpg

Oops... The Hovito's gone... And so is Indy's printed leg...
Sure they'll be back in the final versions ;)

What bothers me is the "Lanzamiento en Marzo" though...
If I'm not mistaken, it means "Launches in March".
:(

source: JWfan

Last edited:

Niteshade007

Wow...

I think this set looks great. It definitely meets my requirements for an Indy film. I'm a little disappointed that the Hovitos figure is gone, but then again, having one figure seems a bit silly to represent an entire tribe.

NamedAfterDaDog

Oh, great! This looks very well done. The only problem is the absence of the Hovitos, but then again I couldn't stand their blue legs... Wait, did anyone notice that they are still on the box? Maybe the pic couldn't fit them, or edited them out, or something.
And, the Launch in March....hmm...Let's just forget that, shall we?
:whip:

fixer79

Niteshade007 said:
Wow...
I'm a little disappointed that the Hovitos figure is gone, but then again, having one figure seems a bit silly to represent an entire tribe.

NamedAfterDaDog said:
The only problem is the absence of the Hovitos, but then again I couldn't stand their blue legs... Wait, did anyone notice that they are still on the box? Maybe the pic couldn't fit them, or edited them out, or something.
:whip:

DaDog is right, the Hovito's still on the box...
Also, I noticed that on top of the box, you can just barely see five figures in the frame while there are only four on the big Temple picture...
Pretty much proof that the Hovito will be included, but probably not the one we've seen on previous pictures of the set...
Guess Mr. Hovito is getting a revamp ;)
Which is good, 'cos the version we saw earlier did look a bit odd, didn't it?...

I'm still not sure what the Idol will look like... Maybe it's a golden LEGO C-3PO head ;)