Burger King Indy Toys and Whopper

iLUVINDY

When does Burger King Promo start???

Does anybody know when the Burger King Promotion starts, i remember reading somewhere that is starts May 1st, but with so many dates to remember, i'm not sure if its correct. Does anybody have any info. on when it starts??

iLUVINDY said:
Does anybody know when the Burger King Promotion starts, i remember reading somewhere that is starts May 1st, but with so many dates to remember, i'm not sure if its correct. Does anybody have any info. on when it starts??

May 12th according to the poster I saw at a BK today....

blueseattle

I'm gonna have to walk to the BK near my school to grab figures. This is a good work out. Hah. I just won't eat anything.

iLUVINDY

i love those Super-D, big head figures, i dont know why.... i think there different and original, are they gonna have just new toys from the new movie or from all 4 movies... like Star Wars did, I hope its from all 4 films!!!!!!:whip:

Shortie

Looks like we'll be seeing these in June, because is also doing crappy (the toys not the movie) Iron Man toys.

No Ticket

ResidentAlien said:
This saddens me.

Godamned marketing. We're a world defined by our symbols rather than one where we define our symbols. You know? Whatever happened to creativity and artistic expression? The value of expression. Now there's no value unless it can be plastered with a Burger King logo.

Meh. (n)

I get where you're coming from RA, but come on. Indy hasn't really been in the spotlight very much in the past 20 years. And this whole ordeal is going to come and go pretty quick... at least, this level of marketing will.

Besides, advertisements have never worked on me anyway. It doesn't sadden me to see the Burger King dressed up as Indy. I think it's kind of funny.

Doesn't mean I want to go buy a whopper.

RichardJones

No Ticket said:
I get where you're coming from RA, but come on. Indy hasn't really been in the spotlight very much in the past 20 years. And this whole ordeal is going to come and go pretty quick... at least, this level of marketing will.

Besides, advertisements have never worked on me anyway. It doesn't sadden me to see the Burger King dressed up as Indy. I think it's kind of funny.

Doesn't mean I want to go buy a whopper.

Good point No Ticket , I really dont go to BK much now and a whopper is not going to taste better because of Indy King or what ever they will call him. I do look forward to the BK figures, My kid is going to eat alot of Kids meals. Ok , ok , I'm going to eat alot of kids meals :rolleyes: Maybe they will let us buy the figures like they did for the star wars bk line (y)

iLUVINDY

The Burger King site has updated with the Iron Man promo toys.... i guess they will have iron man from April 21 - May 11, since Indy 4 promo starts May 12th.... i really hope it starts on time and not pushed back until JUNE, STUPID IRON-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!(n) (n)

Lon

Do we know for a fact toys or other promotional items are being offered?

USA Today has an article on the marketing for Indiana Jones and it only mentions an "Indy Whopper" at Burger King.

? Burger King. Starting May 12, BK will offer an Indy Whopper with two burger patties, spicy sauce, bacon and pepper-jack cheese. It's an "adventurous" concoction Indy would favor, says Brian Gies, vice president of marketing.

Stores already have posters of BK's King character dressed as Indiana Jones, including a leather jacket, fedora and whip.

"It's a powerful movie franchise," Gies says. "There's a legion of fans out there for Indiana Jones."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/adtrack/2008-04-20-indiana-jones-skull-marketing_N.htm

veldhuid

my.php

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture040jz9.jpg

Here is a scan i made of the toys. Sorry i am new here and am having trouble linking in the picture.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Great find, and welcome to the Raven bar, veldhuid!
I think the answer to #3 is birth control.
picture040jz9.jpg

metalinvader

That clip on whip is amusing.

I'm kind of shocked they didn't go with the super deformed style that they did with the SW figs a few years back...Oh well...

JimmyPSHayes

I HAVE to have that mine car!! :D I actually had a steak house burger from Burger King last night, it wasn't too bad. Thanks for posting that Moedred!