Women in combat.

sunshinestate1992

Im all for equality and everything, nad i do believe that woment should be able to go to war, but i dont htink necessarily they should go into the front lines of combat.They are as strong as men,and i know most of them say " If they want ,they should." I dont think they should be able to fight alongside men in COMBAT when people will be killing each other .
I am all for them to be in war just no on the front lines.
1. sexual tensions
2. hygiene issues
3.physically, and psychologically problems, liek during menstrual time or whatever. i know they are just as capable as men, i just dont think they men and women could get along in combat. Some men will think, they should look out for some of the female soilders and will get themselves killed.I know there are women out there that are capable of doing the job, but what if they getpregnant and worry more about the babys welfare than the hreself. The Strong Motherly Instinct.!!wihc men dont have even though they can love the child as much as the men.No. . There aren't many females that would be able to life 250lbs and carry. Its tough for a 200lbs guy to lift another that is loaded down. Especially if the person is unconscious and "dead weight"
Hygeine becomes an issue, specially during menstration. And there is tension between males and females...sexual being a big one. Also if there is a 7 person squad, 6 male and 1 female. Each male has 1 or 2 guys watching his back, but they all will look our for thatt female - its justmost mens nature.

i know i have a strong reason iits on the tip of my tounge i just want to knowyour opinion, wich form the women will be if we want too i think we should be allowed too (if im wrong sorry). They do serve in iraq but the military trys to keep them out of combat.
Not sexist, just honest
i know alot of typos

attempted rape is also a possibility from the enemy and the american soilders

And what are the affects to future children of women in child-bearing age from exposure to chemicals, etc?
Would you want your mom, sister, daughter in the line of fire? i know that you might say but they miss there sons dads brothers!!
i know what you mean by dad has been diployed.!!

oki9Sedo

Its a moot point. People shouldn't be fighting in general, man or woman.

But yes, men are naturally stronger, more aggressive and have a higher pain threshold than women which makes them better soldiers.

Finn

Staff member
My biggest beef with female military personnel is that some of them have clearly come to "play war". (This is especially the case in places like this northern hellhole where it's mandatory for men but voluntary for women. Talk about equality.)

Another issue is that in leading positions they tend to be nothing but formal. Male military leaders know how to "bud up" with their men. Women are no-nonsensical (even those that do try to be "one of the guys"), which tends to raise the tension a bit.

My personal experience of women in military brought me into only one conclusion:
They're either excellent in what they do, or the lowest quality. There's no in-between.

ReggieSnake

Are you in the military, Finn? (currently deployed?)

I, for one, do not think Women should be in combat at all, not that they don't have the ability to do the job in all cases, but that it seems to rub against natural law in general. Women just aren't physically, mentally, or emotionally built to be a soldier by nature, to be frank. Men naturally protect women, it is part of the nature of men. Men aren't physically, mentally, or emotionally built to be mothers and multi-taskers.

No Ticket

I have no real opinion... as I have not been in the military and cannot vouch for exactly how "well equipped" women are in the military. You can't get around the obvious fact that women are not as physically strong as men in general... but I wouldn't think that would necessarily hinder their ability to serve.

However, one female with lots of guys could create problems. Sexual tension as mentioned and the possibility of rape, again as mentioned.

But I met a girl the other day who was in the Marines and she scared the crap out of me and all she did was shake my hand. She seemed to be that "no-nonsensical" type Finn mentioned.

oki9Sedo

No Ticket said:
I have no real opinion... as I have not been in the military and cannot vouch for exactly how "well equipped" women are in the military. You can't get around the obvious fact that women are not as physically strong as men in general... but I wouldn't think that would necessarily hinder their ability to serve.

However, one female with lots of guys could create problems. Sexual tension as mentioned and the possibility of rape, again as mentioned.

But I met a girl the other day who was in the Marines and she scared the crap out of me and all she did was shake my hand. She seemed to be that "no-nonsensical" type Finn mentioned.

Thats fair enough, but with a woman you're dealing with lower quality raw material than a man to forge an strong, fit, efficient soldier.

Unless of course that man is:

200px-Conan_O'Brien_at_U.S._Embassy_Helsinki.jpg

IndySeven

I'm not really for women in combat. I think that they should stay in the non-combative positions as much as possible. However, if the woman is extremely strong, professional, and war-minded, she should be able to fight. But, other than that, women should stay out of combat.

One things for sure, If I were gonna be shot I would want to be shot by a woman in combat gear... One last pleasure before the big blackout....

AngieAki

Though the first post was difficult to read in spots, I do agree. It isn't about sexism it is about being realistic. I say that as a young woman and a feminist. I honestly wouldn't suggest ANY woman join the service, there are many that have been sexually assaulted and the gov't tries to cover it up. I just don't think it is safe for women. But I also think that the woman should be able to make the choice to serve and she should know what the consequences of that are. But as for fighting in combat, due to human nature the men will try to protect her and get themselves killed when otherwise they may have not. And if that doesn't happen I fear she will not be respected by her fellow soldiers.

AngieAki

herr gruber said:
One things for sure, If I were gonna be shot I would want to be shot by a woman in combat gear... One last pleasure before the big blackout....
ooooooo kinky ;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I'm currently at the same place Finn was four years ago. There are no women in the Kymi Jaeger Battalion except one who is a civilian, so I haven't had any experience during the two weeks there.

Finn

Staff member
VP said:
I'm currently at the same place Finn was four years ago. There are no women in the Kymi Jaeger Battalion except one who is a civilian, so I haven't had any experience during the two weeks there.
So they still don't post women at Jaeger combat units. Weird if you ask me since they're allowed to act as MPs though.