Looks like it is official

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Well, I am still looking forward to that Fourth Wave until Hasbro says otherwise. I will continue to collect Indy toys as long as they are hanging on the pegs.

The great thing is that we got what we have now..The main things I wanted were made and I am VERY happy..I am not happy aboutthe back handed deal and treatment that hasbro partook in. I am not shocked at all, I am just shocked that they played us so well as a small group of collectors. As usual, History repeats itself.

ChromiumBlue37

Exactly. I am just so very grateful for what we HAVE received. The skill and potential is definitely there for more, if Hasbro would only use common sense and market research.

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Exactly. I am just so very grateful for what we HAVE received. The skill and potential is definitely there for more, if Hasbro would only use common sense and market research.

Yea, they have had this site as a resource for a LONG time....thye just didn't like what we said because we were not focused enough on the kids coming in as I was told.. Which I said B.S.!! We ALWAYs knew that the kids had to be there, just not EVERY KID IN AMERICA and CANADA!!

ChromiumBlue37

snake_surprise said:
Where are these pictures? I cannot seem to find them.

Here the are -

Slide68.JPG

Brandon

We know the Titanium line is cancelled. How does anyone think this will affect the Adventure Heroes and/or Muggs? I would assume they'll be cancelled too?

Brandon

tnswman

Probably so..Mighty Muggs don't sell well for any line that I can see.

Adventure Hereos are good but they make wayyy too many. they needed environments for the Adventure Heroes.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
tnswman said:
Probably so..Mighty Muggs don't sell well for any line that I can see.

They seem as though they aren't the most expensive things to produce though, yes? And Hasbro seems to know that they're more of a niche product, no matter the product line?

tnswman

It just depends on the contract with Lucasfilm. Will it help us to have 4-6 new Indy Mighty Muggs on the shelves next year? NO! It will jsut pi$$ most of us off.

bonoferox

tnswman said:
The great thing is that we got what we have now..The main things I wanted were made and I am VERY happy

Agreed.

No more than two years ago all I could do was come up with a dreamline of Indiana Jones toys and it seemed like under-parr customs and 4" Disney crap would be all we would get. Having my near-perfect kitbashed figure sitting on my shelf along with Henry Sr. is one of the best things I've ever seen come to light.

tnswman

bonoferox said:
Agreed.

No more than two years ago all I could do was come up with a dreamline of Indiana Jones toys and it seemed like under-parr customs and 4" Disney crap would be all we would get. Having my near-perfect kitbashed figure sitting on my shelf along with Henry Sr. is one of the best things I've ever seen come to light.

Out of all of my 2900 Indy collectibles, and all the years of searching the WORLD to find them..It all comes back to American action figures...My favorite thing is my new KOTCS Playset with the figures that I waited 18+ years to see. I will NEVER love another line as much as this and I supported it way more than most...I will support it until it is gone from the pegs.

Billy Ray

Well, put me down for the "I'll wait for the official word from Hasbro" camp before I write the line off completely, but I do agree that things look mighty grim. Hasbro's lack of straight answers certainly don't help matters any.

Still, I have to echo tnswman's sentiments...this line has been a dream come true for me and I certainly appreciate everything we have gotten (except for the Mighty Muggs). I have every figure, vehicle, and deluxe set (except for Mutt on Motorcycle...which I cannot find) released so far, mulitple of several in many cases, and am very grateful to have them. I will pick up everything I can until the line goes kaput.

Hopefully they will at least get that 2nd ROTLA wave out somehow...if not, shame on you Hasbro for even teasing us with those pics at SDCC.

Kooshmeister

Well, this is depressing....and they never even got to the character I wanted most of all. Oh well. Maybe next time, Dietrich.

YouNeverKnow

Not a huge collector but I was happy this line came out and got a fair share of figs. I have

Raiders Indy with Fertility Idol
LC Indy w/ Tie and submachine gun
KotCS Indy with Crystal Skull
Mutt with leather jacket and sword

I decided to make some nice displays with Indy and his partners - one group per movie. So that's the direction I took which is why I have a Mutt. I'm having a devil of a time finding Henry Sr, and I am hoping to get an Indy, Shorty, and Willie come TOD time. And Mola Ram because he just looks tooo perfect. (I guess I'd do all the baddies, too, if I could get a Donovan, Cairo Belloq, or Toht.)

Oh well, my point is, I'll be missing a Marion because I need the Well Marion. I don't like the one that's out and I get pretty picky when it comes to what I want and don't want. So we'll see!! I'd love for the line to continue until at least that projected Raiders wave!!

Garfoot

Question for tnswman

You said that if you did not preorder the TOD figures early that the chances are slim of finding them, and they would have a limited run. Looking down the road some 15-20 years, do you think the TOD figures will have similar value to say the 1980's TOD figures due to their production run?

And would you venture to guess what type of production numbers these would have compared to the KOTCS pegwarmers.
Let's just say for example they produced 500,000 mutts, are we talking something like 100,000 short rounds, or less? Just trying to grasp the concept of what would be limited run.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am looking forward to buying INDY 4 the day it comes out and adding it to my collection. I liked it, and was not one of those people who put it through the ringer. I hope they can arrange the TOD figures with the release of the DVD. :)

tnswman

Garfoot said:
Question for tnswman

You said that if you did not preorder the TOD figures early that the chances are slim of finding them, and they would have a limited run. Looking down the road some 15-20 years, do you think the TOD figures will have similar value to say the 1980's TOD figures due to their production run?

And would you venture to guess what type of production numbers these would have compared to the KOTCS pegwarmers.
Let's just say for example they produced 500,000 mutts, are we talking something like 100,000 short rounds, or less? Just trying to grasp the concept of what would be limited run.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am looking forward to buying INDY 4 the day it comes out and adding it to my collection. I liked it, and was not one of those people who put it through the ringer. I hope they can arrange the TOD figures with the release of the DVD. :)

No, the value will NOt reach the $200 mark but you can bet that a few will stay in the $60 range for a while. There will be a TON made but with not many re-orders..There just won't be a long shelf life.

Hasbro has never or will never tell their production #'s :(

Garfoot

No, the value will NOt reach the $200 mark but you can bet that a few will stay in the $60 range for a while. There will be a TON made but with not many re-orders..There just won't be a long shelf life.

Hasbro has never or will never tell their production #'s

Thanks.

nevsky41

i'm bummed b/c i mostly wanted that Well of the Souls Marion. The current Marion is not much better than the crappy one Disney put out several years ago, and the sculpt on that on at least looks reasonably better. So I hope, if for no reason but that, that the second Raiders wave comes out.