Your Figures In Action! (with PICS!)

Indy's Fist

vf wing said:
DUCK!!

indy-n-marion003.gif

Just change the D to an S and that scene is really funny!

Trennas

You damn sure can! Pictures look great! Nice action poses and over the shoulder shots :)

I'm working on something new as well! Though I have no idea when it will be done (y)

Trennas

animations are fun to make! I was very much into animations a few years ago, but then i got RSI, which forced me to stop because it was too intense for me physically.. but still, stop motions are not too bad! all you need is a camera, take a picture, change the objects, take another picture, change the objects, etc. Fun, but very time consuming :)

Trennas

Indiana Jones and the Maze of Top Secret Crates? ;) Looks very cool Rhys; particularly the look in Indy's eyes. He is like: "woah, that's a looooot of boxes.."

I made a little mention of something new I was working on earlier. Well, I was inspired this weekend and decided to work on it until it was finished! Now, it is finished, but I haven't taken any pics yet since the batteries of my camera need to recharge first, go figure :rolleyes: Perhaps pictures will follow later today :)

Trennas

Cool pics Koosh! :D

Soooo, before I show you the pictures I made of my new little Lego Indy project, let me tell you a little bit about it first. A while back I was coming up with ideas for Indy stories (struggling with the weird machine action scene)and one day, I happened to be looking at Discovery Channel or something, on which was a show about hovercrafts. I immediately thought that a hovercraft would make an awesome addition to the line of strange/slightly unusual Indy vehicles we saw in the movies, so I did some research and developed the idea a bit further.

Soon, the idea for a showcase action scene with a group of Nazi's on a prototype hovercraft (hovercrafts were still somewhat of a rarity in the 1930's/1940's, and weren't used for any kind of military use whatsoever, at least, not to my knowledge) was born, which fitted perfectly into the story I was and still am writing. However, since I'm not just writing the story, but I also want to illustrate it with Lego Indy photographs, I decided to dust off my Lego boxes and started to build.

The first attempt was a big failure; I obviously lost the trained builder's eye I had when I was a kid, so I looked on Brickshelf for inspiration on how to make the perfect hovercraft. I found this cool example:

image0001.jpg

NOT MADE BY ME!

Which had a very good and solid base shape, but of course didn't look even remotely like it could have come from an Indiana Jones adventure. In my idea, it had to look bulkier and heavier; a bit like having a floating tank. Also, I didn't have the bricks to copy it, so I decided to take apart my Star Wars Lego's for all the parts I was going to need and used the above image as a liberal example and starting point for the second attempt.

This time around, things went better, even though it took me a while to get back into Lego-mode. I started out with the front part first, which didn't want to work out in one go, then left it alone and started working on the back. The engine block and the giant propellors were the first good things I managed to finalize; after that I directed my attention to the front again. Once I got the idea to make the front act as a loading/motorcycle bay things came together rapidly and I managed to finish the whole thing in two days :)

So, these are the pictures, hope you like em!

indyhover_01.jpg

Hovercraft overview!

indyhover_02.jpg

Front view!

indyhover_03.jpg

Side view!

indyhover_04.jpg

Driver with helmet and protective goggles!

indyhover_05.jpg

Hovercraft engines!

indyhover_06.jpg

Mandatory explosive fuel barrels and cargo bay hatch!

indyhover_07.jpg

Mean looking Nazi goon with rifle!

indyhover_08.jpg

Plain scary looking Nazi goon with rifle!

indyhover_09.jpg

Unfolded cargo bay ramp!

indyhover_10.jpg

Motorcycle scout mechanic oils his machine!

indyhover_11.jpg

Motorcycle scout in action!

indyhover_12.jpg

New motorcyle scout wanted!

indyhover_13.jpg

Magically appearing Indy, the crocodile tamer!

indyhover_14.jpg

Hi-Ho Silver, Awaaaay! (it gets pretty rediculous from this point on :p)

indyhover_15.jpg

Invading the hovercraft!

indyhover_16.jpg

Croc surprise!

indyhover_17.jpg

Resistance is futile!

indyhover_18.jpg

Leftovers..

indyhover_19.jpg

Hullo!

indyhover_20.jpg

Playing fetch!