2905041447_df37ab1548.jpg

2905041463_1fb6f255c5.jpg

2962000305_17c9f5ff9b.jpg

2962883052_cd66f8c6c5.jpg

2905041459_8c074f8892.jpg

...which just proves that us gals can pull it off. :p

Grinnanbearit

Grin's Gear

It ain't real gear if you don't get it dirty. My jacket's a well-traveled UK Wested, the fedora from the Texas Peters Brothers.

IMG_2020copy.jpg

No worries, mate. My 12-plait kangahide Indy can take it (but it's just for effect. The whip's in no strain.)

IMG_2011copy.jpg

Bernie Wojcicki of Tasmania handcrafted this work of art for me.

IMG_2048copy.jpg

The flap holster is an original WWI Webley Officer's Model.

IMG_1971copy.jpg

I rebuilt this 1917 Webley Mark VI .455 pistol with a lot of advice and help. Thanks to "Gringo", my gunsmith pal and another great Indy fan.

And...Oh, yeah, it shoots like a champ for nigh one hundred years old!

IMG_1965copy.jpg

The bag strap and gunbelt are from Todd's, the web belt and gas mask bag military surplus. Finished out with Old Navy repro Pinks and a safari shirt from a local thrift shop.

IMG_1956copy.jpg

Thanks to my daughter "Punkin'" for her camera work and the great photos (and for not having me committed).

I'm really looking forward to comparing notes and admiring other fans' gear.
Where is the most unusual place you located a piece of gear?
What's your most prized piece of Indy gear?
When and where do you wear your gear?
Have your loved ones written you off as some sort of lunatic yet?
:p

God loves you, Indy Fans! Be Well, Be Blessed! - Grinnanbearit

Canyon

Mr. Fusion said:
Great shots, Canyon! Always great to see you in your gear.

Why, thank you! :eek: (y)

VP said:
Got anything newer? Those pics are from like 2004.

VP, I do sometimes wish that you would be a little more tactful in your replies, but this is you I am dealing with after all.
Just because we aren't on COW, it doesn't give you the right to act like a jerk. :mad:

BTW, for your information, the fifth and sixth pictures were taken in Pennsylvania at Chewie's House just over a year ago, and the last one was taken about two years ago!
Also, I don't see pictures of you in your gear. In fact, I don't think that I have ever seen pictures of you in your gear. :eek:

Grinnanbearit, great shots, especially the one of you cracking the whip! (y)

joebloggs

Great pics Grinnanbearit. Is that a Raiders Wested? If so, is it the lambskin version? I am looking to get another Raiders jacket and am leaning towards the original lambskin version.

Grinnanbearit

Re: Grin's Gear

joebloggs said:
Great pics Grinnanbearit. Is that a Raiders Wested? If so, is it the lambskin version? I am looking to get another Raiders jacket and am leaning towards the original lambskin version.

You're correct, joebloggs. It is the lambskin version, and I personally highly recommend it. Glove leather soft and mine wears like iron. It scars easily (if that's your fancy) and everyday wear out in the elements will start showing those great "tiger stripes" in the creases and folds.

One caveat, however - Inspect it thoroughly inside and out when you receive it. A friend of mine found some missed stitching in his jacket's lining. Wested promptly corrected the fault on their own dime, but you don't want to dilly-dally in registering a complaint.

I also have a heavier bullhide jacket for motorcycle riding, but the Wested's still my favorite.

indyclone25

here are my new pants i found at goodwill , they were a greenish tint before , i have dyed them to brown , how do they look?
myindyboots014-1.jpg

myindyboots010-1.jpg

JUST_BECAUSE

Hi guys from Argentina!!

Hi everyone! I'm Raul and I'm new here. I wanted to share with you some pictures of my Indy stuff. Except for the idol and the Lao Che's diamond the rest was made by myself. All comments are welcomed of course and I'll be more than happy to give you whatever tip you might need to make your own Indy artifact! In a couple of hours I'll be posting pictures of my gear too!!
The 3 1/6 scale items in the pictures are in my collection but they're in USA. My cousin bought them for me and I'm waiting for someone to travel to Argentina. I don't trust the postal service with sth so expensive. The headpiece is from the "noble collection site", the cross of coronado from Reel Art and the Nurhachis's urn from ebay, some guy in singapore.
Great to be here!!!

Oops! the question is how do I do to post pictures??:confused:

DocWhiskey

JUST_BECAUSE said:
Oops! the question is how do I do to post pictures??:confused:

You got to find yourself a picture hosting site....

Personally, I use tinypic.com

Easy and fast.

Upload the picture, copy the IMG code, and paste it in your reply.

Looking forward to seeing your awesome props!

Mickiana

Indyclone, looks like a lot of fun! Those gals look gorgeous. Oh, and you look the part too (almost missed you there - I wonder why?...).

JUST_BECAUSE

My props.

Thanks Doc!! Hope I did it right!
msv9l.jpg

I've just finished the pedestal for the fertility idol. The central piece is a tupperware "in disguise" the rest is made of cardstock and sheets of rubber for the details. I texturized the whole thing with (and you can laugh all you want!!) a type of pasta/noodles we have here in Argentina to make soup. The grains are a little bigger than sand beach. Then I painted it.
2mzc53.jpg

Thanks again!(y)

JUST_BECAUSE

Francisco de Orellana's mask.

I still have to sand the whole thing and make what you can see on the cardstock. All opinions are welcome!!
Os.

2mqub9h.jpg

PS: Sorry about the size of the other 2 pics. I'm still learning how to post them! :eek:

Harry Steele

Hi to all!

I've enjoyed the pics of your Indy Gear!

This is me, and a friend of mine, both having fun dressed in our Indy clothes...

Most pictures are taken in Rosario, Argentina, Where my friend lives. Some are taken in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where I live...

Some whp cracking and the truck (train?) scene...

My friend, outrunning the hovitos...

Back to the Future, part 3

Me with my travel fedora, my friend in his adventure gear, and me again, in a "Streets of Cairo" scene...

Hope you like them! It was really funny taking them!