indiana jones animated fanfilm why not??

indyjones2131

Yes, I'm sure there is plenty of room for such scenes, but I just liked these two setups so much I wanted to make sure we capitalized on them.

Oh and nice job on the music!

The Drifter

How about a scene showing Indy and some bad guys rappelling or climbing up the side of the Great Wall with ropes. As Indy is climbing he has to fight off the baddies to get to the top. Maybe to save a woman who is being held captive at the top?

Or how about a quick love scene showing Indy on top of the Eiffel Tower in the night with Paris lit in the background with a woman in his arms, kissing her.

Another: Show him cracking his whip at someone and then at the same time someone cracks another back at him. The whips get tangled together and Indy gets a surprised look on his face.

One more: A short scene showing Indiana running from a group of mobsters through the ramparts and beams of a skyscraper being constructed.

muttjones

how about we turn the tables ona classiv moment.

Indy runs through the streets of Cairo brandishing a sword. Suddenly the crowded streets clear to show an Arab Swordsman-like character. Indy smiles confidently as the Arab Swordsman has no sword. But the Arab Swordsman starts laughing as he pulls a machine gun from inside his robes. Indy then looks very worried.

HJJNR

Stoo said:
How about an Amazon river? Either a side view of a jungle river OR a downstream P.O.V. as if you were standing on a riverboat. Daylight but foggy/misty with colour hues similar to the sample below.

Something like this, it needs tidying up it was a quick draught to get your thoughts.

BGIJ.jpg

Ska

indyjones2131 said:
Demille, huh? Why have I not seen this!?!?

And yeah that would be a cool name - too bad you can't change your username on this site.

I pm'ed Finn & Gilles to change mine.

Stoo

Hey Team, I'm having some major computer trouble (typing this from my girlfriend's lapttop) so I'll be out of it for awhile.:(

That painting looks awesome!

muttjones

Stoo said:
Hey Team, I'm having some major computer trouble (typing this from my girlfriend's lapttop) so I'll be out of it for awhile.:(

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Hey Team, I'm having some major computer trouble (typing this from my girlfriend's lapttop) so I'll be out of it for awhile.

Stoo

What's the prognosis? How long are you going to be down?:(

All

Although this is bad, lets look at a way that we can work around this until Stoo can get back on online.

I think we are all agreed that we use Stoo's templates/designs for the animations, but this shouldn't stop us from mapping/scripting the animation, forming the animation, getting the timings right ready for the final polish.

Indy's Brother

Are your scripts ready?

Ska

Now that Stoo's gone...we can all feel free to talk about how bossy he's been in here! :p

j/k

DocWhiskey

I know Stoo drew a fantastic animated-inspired Indiana Jones, but you guys don't mind if I whip up a few character designs/layouts, do you?

Anyone/anything specific on your minds?

muttjones

DocWhiskey said:
I know Stoo drew a fantastic animated-inspired Indiana Jones, but you guys don't mind if I whip up a few character designs/layouts, do you?

Anyone/anything specific on your minds?

a big chinese version of pat roach in raiders.

HJJNR

Through the clearing???

Maybe you might want to use this? It's very rough, done in 20 mins to get an idea... want more like this??
temp.jpg

:whip:

PS: Wish I could have an avvy lol. :(

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
I imagine it's that web/life balance coming into play.

Give people time.

Although the project is relatively straight forward the schematics of doing it through a message board make it complex due to that balance.

col.dietrich

you know, we could have a fan gathering(just us who are working on the film) and properly talk things over. lets say, sometime in Chicago? i am not saying that we will, it might just make things a littler easier

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
you know, we could have a fan gathering(just us who are working on the film) and properly talk things over. lets say, sometime in Chicago? i am not saying that we will, it might just make things a littler easier

It's a lovely idea that we could all meet but I imagaine that most people posting on this board are scattered all around the world and the feasibility of travelling anywhere maybe limited.

We may have lost Stoo in the short term but we still have enough people to carry this forward.

Once Indy's Brother Starts postinh the scripts we'll see some real movement.:D

HJJNR

Love the stuff. Once we know what the scenes will be I will ask you for specific foreground/background layers for the scene. An example of this was the Edward Hooper Nightwarks test I did using layers.

A request could be -

Scene 1 - Indi and team walking through the Amazon -

1920x480 foreground for right pan
Amazon vegetation

1920x480 background for right pan
Amazon vegetation leading to Inca temple viewed from a rigde.

Does that make sense?

DocWhiskey

col.dietrich said:

I live in Chicago so it sounds good to me.