Indy 5 news 2012

IndyForever

Worse thing is Lucas lied to the fanbase for years he was working on Star Wars 7-9 in secret & selling Lucasfilm in 2011 (according to his own words in a recent Bloomberg TV interview) so as he tends to work on 1 project at a time you know Indy 5 was not on the agenda when he was doing Star Wars + Red Tails.

This means from 2008-2013 Indy 5 was effectively in turnaround & dead despite Lucas saying in public he was still working on it that appears now to be a smokescreen cover story for him preparing to sell Lucasfilm.

If Lucas wanted to make an Indy 5 he would have done so by now surely he is still not that stubborn if Ford/Spielberg can compromise but not Lucas!

Now Disney owns Lucasfilm it would be much harder as Lucas would not finance it anymore & Disney will want maximum profits the best thing would be a 50/50 partnership with Paramount but that also means no 30% each back end deals for Lucas/Ford/Spielberg so that alone would make it unlikely regardless of Lucas involvement.

I dont like it but I think Disney are just waiting now till Harry dies, then they will have the all clear to reboot the franchise with a new face, by then they have done the new star wars trilogy. its the world we live in..:( :(

IndyForever

Spielberg just announced his next movie so Indy 5 looks even further away.

No big surprise for me just FYI really but Lucas gets married next month Spielberg, Ford, Kennedy will most likely all be there probably the last time Indy 5 has the remotest chance of ever getting made with Ford as no doubt it would get discussed lets hope Lucas wife to be convinces him to allow someone else to do Indy like she did with Star Wars as long as Spielberg/Ford direct/star Lucas is not really needed anymore. Personally I think its over forever now because of Lucas creative writers block (and over bearing ego refusing to allow others to take Indy story writing duties on) but stranger things have happened! The last time those were all together (before Indy 4) they agreed on an Indy 4 which is the only reason I mention this now here!!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/bradley-cooper-on-american-sniper-with-steven-spielberg/

HenryJunior

Unless a miracle happens soon, we're probably not going to have another feature with Ford and Spielberg. They are capable of doing it, but it would have to be NOW. I want to see it happen, but I just don't know if it's feasible.

Maybe an Indy movie could be made in between Star Wars movies, but this isn't the 80's anymore, so who knows. It's a bummer, but the new trilogy will probably squash a chance for another Indy movie with Harrison. :p

I really hope I'm proven wrong. :hat:

Olliana

A miracle is exactly what we need for "Indy V feat. Ford" now. Is Lucas even working on anything anymore? Sounds to me he wants to marry and settle down once and for all. Good for him, but at this point he really should consider handing over his story idea and let some creative screenwriter take his chance. It seems to work with Jurassic Park, with Michael Crichton being dead and Spielberg pushing for a fourth movie anyways. Lucas will sit back and relax watching Star Wars VII with his family in the theatre, so what's stopping him from doing so with Indy?

Olliana said:
A miracle is exactly what we need for "Indy V feat. Ford" now. Is Lucas even working on anything anymore? Sounds to me he wants to marry and settle down once and for all. Good for him, but at this point he really should consider handing over his story idea and let some creative screenwriter take his chance. It seems to work with Jurassic Park, with Michael Crichton being dead and Spielberg pushing for a fourth movie anyways. Lucas will sit back and relax watching Star Wars VII with his family in the theatre, so what's stopping him from doing so with Indy?

true, but to me Indy and steve go together.

Dr. Gonzo

Túrin Turambar said:
Harry said he wants to do it, so why is he not pushing for it? both steve and Harry are waiting for Lucas which at this point is pointless.

a) Harry can't talk about his Star Wars obligations... he can't push because he's booked until his eventual death.

b) Steve ain't waiting for **** my boy... his plate is filled and has been flipping through projects, finally finding one about a sniper that he's about to direct.

c) Lucas doesn't control Lucasfilm or its film properties anymore (that'd be Kathy)... sold that **** off for 3-4 billion not too long ago, 'member? ...And the Indiana Jones Property is in a strange limbo between a three fingered mouse and a certain mountain... and i'm not talking about the matterhorn.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:
c) Lucas doesn't control Lucasfilm or its film properties anymore (that'd be Kathy)... sold that **** off for 3-4 billion not too long ago, 'member? ...And the Indiana Jones Property is in a strange limbo between a three fingered mouse and a certain mountain... and i'm not talking about the matterhorn.

Sidenote: On Saturday, watching ABC 7 here in L.A. there was a story about "May the Fourth" (be with you), and the journalist indicated that the Star Wars? movie was a Walt Disney Pictures production, and the parent company of ABC. The WhiteWashing is in full effect.

Paden

I honestly believe that, for the forseeable future, the franchise is going to remain in the limbo it's fallen into. Based on public statements from the particulars, it would seem that the chance of seeing another Indiana Jones film with Speilberg, Ford, and company is astronomically slim. So it seems Marshall was right: KOTCS was the "swan song".

I do think the property will eventually return, but in a "rebooted" form: a new director, new actors, etc. Hopefully, said reboot will do justice to the legacy of the original films.

Of course, in my a perfect world, the new movies would reflect the tone and character of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Hey, a guy can dream...

Pale Horse

Staff member
Paden said:
Of course, in my a perfect world, the new movies would reflect the tone and character of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Hey, a guy can dream...

Phoenix...rises from the ashes. To what do we owe this honor?

Paden

Pale Horse said:
Phoenix...rises from the ashes. To what do we owe this honor?
Honor? Who, me?

Well, I watched Raiders again a few days back, then started poking around online, reading different thoughts regarding the possible fate of the Indy franchise. Then, all of the sudden I felt homesick.

So I thought I'd drop by the old saloon. Take in the ambience. Maybe have a beverage or two. :)

Dr. Gonzo

Paden said:
So I thought I'd drop by the old saloon. Take in the ambience. Maybe have a beverage or two. :)

Meet some new friends. Cheers.

tumblr_m6nil6YBFO1rn19nco1_500.gif

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100813557
Both passed the buck on another Indiana Jones movie. Spielberg said Lucas is the boss and that Indy's future lies with him.
"I'm happy to direct for George," he said. "If George decides to make another one, I'll be happy to shoot it."
Lucas countered that he didn't hold the power, saying that Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy will make the call.
"I'm just a lowly writer. I mean, I won't even be a writer?I'm just the guy that comes up with the story," he said. "And I've been working on a story. You know the issue is that now it's owned by Disney and Paramount, and I don't know how they're going to work that out."

Stoo

George Lucas via Moedred said:
"I'm just the guy that comes up with the story," he said. "And I've been working on a story. You know the issue is that now it's owned by Disney and Paramount, and I don't know how they're going to work that out."
Thumbs up for George Lucas!(y)
Thumbs down and straight into the as*holes of all of the 'Lucas-is-the-problem' douchebags.(n):p

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Come on, its 5 years since Kingdom, if he had a good story he would have moved on. He's just throwing the ball away. It's a real shame.

IndyForever

Sounds like its not 100% dead then :hat: but it feels like neither wants to do it either :dead:

Paramount/Disney can co-produce its too much money to ignore but will they & why would Lucas be working on the story if he saw studio barriers in the way :rolleyes:

Harry looks great for his age in enders game, he does still have one last adventure in him, but now he's going to be Han Solo again for the next Star wars trilogy, it does look like it wont happen, five years NOTHING..:(