Indy 4 Toy Line

IndySeven

Does anyone know if there will be an Indy 4 toy line. I'm hoping that they'll be one with action figures and vehicles, like the original Raiders line. There haven't been Indy figures released in mass quantity for a very, very long time. Can anyone tell me if there will be an Indy 4 toy line?:)

Eric Solo

Part of me hopes they dont have one. It'll spare me having to add another wing onto my house. I need more room for my Star Wars stuff as it is. lol. But if they do have toys I hope Hasbro does it. They have been making some great stuff lately for Star Wars.

Vendetta08

Most definitely. You can bet your left eye on it, cowboy. There's going to be Indy toys, action figures, and merchandise up the wazoo.

Lon

We'll see merchandise but an action figure line (Hasbro style) remains to be seen. Remember, there wasn't a toy line for Last Crusade and Harrison Ford will be 65 years old when Indy 4 is filming. From a marketing standpoint the licensees will have to determine if a 65-year-old Indiana Jones can carry a toy line. Indy isn't Star Wars so it can be compared to it. Star Wars is an entire universe of characters, Indiana Jones has different characters but without the main character in a toy line the toy line wouldn't sell to mainstream audiences.

Indy may go the route of more high-end collectibles.

I just hope there aren't more then 10 or so figures. I don't have all that much room, and really don't want to keep too many. I will, I just hope they keep it to a minimum.

I kind of like the Lego idea, then I'll be able to play with my Indy toys instead of just letting them sit there.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone in New York? Sneak over tomorrow and find out...
------
Licensing International Expo 2007
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
655 West 34th Street New York, NY 10001
Tuesday, June 19: 9am - 5pm
Wednesday, June 20: 9am - 5pm
Thursday, June 21: 9am - 4pm
Lucasfilm Ltd. Booth: 3773
Licensor for Star Wars and Indiana Jones
Seek licensing activities in: Apparel/Fashion/Accessories, Gifts/Novelties, Mobile/Internet, Publishing, Stationery/Paper Goods, Toys/Games/Hobbies

Avilos

I wonder if the action figure line will be focused only on Indy 4? Or also on characters from the first 3 films. The Indy movies don't have as many obvious characters to make into figures as Star Wars. It would be great to have a line of figures spanning the whole Indy saga. Allowing figures of all of the villains and sidekicks. Just an idea.

Issard

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HASBRO!!!! Make Indy Action figures from Raiders, Temple And Last Crusade!!! This will probably be your last chance ever!!! I have to have a Raiders Indy with a golden Idol to go with my to be determined Indy with crystal skull. My daughter needs a Marion with a monkey and frying pan! I've always wanted an Indy with a torn shirt, sword and Sankara stones. Don't muck this up! PLEASE!!!

Avilos

We have just learned that the LEGO sets will be also be based on the first 3 films. So maybe that is a good sign that the action figures will too.

This fits with how Lucasfilm has always marketed Star Wars. Continuing to merchandise earlier chapters of the story. Which creates constant awareness of the specific characters and events among children. So when they are old enough to watch the films they already have a strong familiarity with everything.

Also as you said this maybe the last chance. There is a more of a pent up interest too. Because Indy was never as heavily merchandise in the past.

Gobi-1

I wonder if Hasbro will launch the action figure line in January along side with the Lego sets? I can see them starting with characters from the first three films then releasing Indy 4 sneek preview figures in March with the main bulk of the line released in May.

:whip:

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Gobi-1 said:
I wonder if Hasbro will launch the action figure line in January along side with the Lego sets? I can see them starting with characters from the first three films then releasing Indy 4 sneek preview figures in March with the main bulk of the line released in May.

:whip:
Hit the nail right on the head, Gobi-1!

Shortie

Eric Solo said:
I hope so. Their recent 3 3/4" Star Wars figs are (mostly) great.
Except the Lukes, for some reason.

Gobi-1, Hasbro released their S-M3 figures in March & Marvel/Sony were so secretive about Venom, sooo maybe we'll see Indy figures in March.

JimmyPSHayes

Didn't they state that they were doing a "broad" action figure line? to me that hints at figs from the first 3 movies as well. I assume some of your guys collect Star Wars too, have you seen the Vintage figs that Hasbro does? I would love Indy versions of those as well. I don't know if I'd want Indy figs that are in scale with their Marvel Legends, though. I love ML, but sometimes they really sacrifice the look of the character for articulation.