Artifacts that Indy could find in Indy 5

The Tingler

Well, they are closely linked to Marduk and the Tower of Babel, so you could say they could be:

a) Like the Infernal Machine, underneath the Tower of Babel. Makes sense, but is unoriginal and doesn't really send Indy anywhere.
b) When the Tower was destroyed in Biblical legend, the people 'scattered over the face of the Earth'. Some could have brought the Tablets with them.
c) One could be buried with Eber from the Hebrew Bible, the one man who refused to help build the Tower and retained the original language of mankind - Hebrew.
d) One or all of the Tablets could have been taken by the Assyrian emperor Sennacherib, who is supposed to have destroyed the original version of the ziggurat of Babylon when the city fell in 689 BC. It is interesting to note that the king of Babylon at the time was called Mushezib-Marduk, who disappeared when the city (and Tower) fell. Sennacherib tried to sack Jerusalem around the same time, but was unable to for reasons documented in detail in the Bible (II Kings) - supposedly the Angel of the Lord killed 185,000 of the emperor's men. Lord Byron's poem The Destruction of Sennacherib is an interesting read.
e) Interesting look at the murder of Sennacherib. Could the murderer have stolen the Tablet and fled to (as the article says at the bottom) "to the land of Ararat"?
f) Of course numerous attempts were made to restore the Tower, including Nabopolassar and his son Nebuchadnezzar II, and also Alexander the Great. Could they have taken the Tablets somewhere?

Good research reading has to start with a good history of the Tower, and more importantly with the Babylonian creation myth.

muttjones

The Tingler said:
Well, they are closely linked to Marduk and the Tower of Babel, so you could say they could be:

a) Like the Infernal Machine, underneath the Tower of Babel. Makes sense, but is unoriginal and doesn't really send Indy anywhere.
b) When the Tower was destroyed in Biblical legend, the people 'scattered over the face of the Earth'. Some could have brought the Tablets with them.
c) One could be buried with Eber from the Hebrew Bible, the one man who refused to help build the Tower and retained the original language of mankind - Hebrew.
d) One or all of the Tablets could have been taken by the Assyrian emperor Sennacherib, who is supposed to have destroyed the original version of the ziggurat of Babylon when the city fell in 689 BC. It is interesting to note that the king of Babylon at the time was called Mushezib-Marduk, who disappeared when the city (and Tower) fell. Sennacherib tried to sack Jerusalem around the same time, but was unable to for reasons documented in detail in the Bible (II Kings) - supposedly the Angel of the Lord killed 185,000 of the emperor's men. Lord Byron's poem The Destruction of Sennacherib is an interesting read.
e) Interesting look at the murder of Sennacherib. Could the murderer have stolen the Tablet and fled to (as the article says at the bottom) "to the land of Ararat"?
f) Of course numerous attempts were made to restore the Tower, including Nabopolassar and his son Nebuchadnezzar II, and also Alexander the Great. Could they have taken the Tablets somewhere?

Good research reading has to start with a good history of the Tower, and more importantly with the Babylonian creation myth.

i obviously havent researched enough about it.
thanks this helps alot.
i was thinking it could be really cool if the hanging gardens of babylon were in the story somehow.
i dont know how.

Anyway we can just take one myth or story or legend and then expand with our own ideas and such.

Is they're anything else u have that I should know??

agentsands77

Technically, though, there's really only one tablet. The true name is "Tablet of Destinies," not "Tablets of Destiny" as often misquoted.

indifan101

INDIANA JONES AND THE QUEST FOR MAPLE LEAFS STANLEY CUP GLORY! lol jk Actually I was thinking maybe I made a short comic about Indiana Jones years back and called it Indiana Jones and the Blade of Eternity or Indiana Jones and the Sword of Arthur maybe he could look for excalibur?

muttjones

agentsands77 said:
Technically, though, there's really only one tablet. The true name is "Tablet of Destinies," not "Tablets of Destiny" as often misquoted.

Tablet of Destiny sounds the best though and noone would really care if GL changed it slightly to make it a better title

The Tingler

agentsands77 said:
Despite all my research, I didn't actually know that! Still, the Tablet could have been broken up.

The only problem is, what the hell does one Tablet do (apart from cure a mild headache)?

muttjones

The Tingler said:
Despite all my research, I didn't actually know that! Still, the Tablet could have been broken up.

The only problem is, what the hell does one Tablet do (apart from cure a mild headache)?

the tablet tells the story of how one god passed control of the unbeatable army to another god so that a fearless god war could be won.
The tablet stories have also said that the tablet is a contract that gives whoever possesses it control of the universe

The Drifter

<b>Indiana Jones and Quest For Cheaper Fuel</b>

Will our fedora wearing hero defeat the cruel oil-well owners, and harness the power of the cold, steel, oil rig?
Or will he face defeat at the hands of the black gold and never unearth the ultimate prize: CHEAP FUEL!?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Lonsome_Drifter said:
<b>Indiana Jones and Quest For Cheaper Fuel</b>

Will our fedora wearing hero defeat the cruel oil-well owners, and harness the power of the cold, steel, oil rig?
Or will he face defeat at the hands of the black gold and never unearth the ultimate prize: CHEAP FUEL!?

The Tesla car...ingenious.

PloKoon

Ha! These ideas are great! You made my research for making the Indy MMORPG so much easier! A am going to add quite a few of these in, not just one or two, but a whole lot trust me.
:whip:

Mickiana

Excalibur would be good, but the Lady of the Lake has it in her mitts! There's plenty of mysticism in the Arthurian legend. But I'm not sure if England is exotic enough for a setting...

The Spear of Destiny was connected with Nazis and they are relegated to history for Indy as well now. Maybe a new group will be wanting to get hold of it and Indy comes to the rescue...

Young Indy

What about the head of Medusa as a MacGuffin? Perseus used the head has weapon. Anyone who gazes into it turns to stone. That is very powerful! Plus her hair is made of snakes! That works very well for Indiana Jones who hates them!

RaideroftheArk

What if they changed things up a little...what if the artifact that was found did infact give the enemy ultimate power instead of killing them? Then maybe Indy would have to find another artifact to counter-attack with and destroy his enemy.

Just an example, I know this is horrible but these are two artifacts that were mentioned a lot in this thread...but let's say the Russians or whoever get their hands on the spear of destiny and are building up an indestructable army....Indy must get his hands on the staff of mosses to stop the progression before it's too late.

Two artifacts canceling each out as oppose to one artifact turning on the person trying to use it for their own personal gain.

Is that too out of the realm of Indiana Jones?

Indy Croft

it should be and Asian artefact, it has to be, no one knows a thing about Asia therefore Indy should uncover it. No more Western stuff:mad:

TREN KROM

Excalibur would be great.
And the end, the Nazis shoot Indy, but because he is wearing Excalibur's scabard, he does not bleed.