Off to Provence for 9 days.

StoneTriple

Catch up with you when I get back to the States.

AprilTrip_alaJones.jpg

StoneTriple

Back in the States.

PostTrip.jpg

I won't bore you with too many vacation details. I love traveling to Europe and always enjoy my time there. I generally go once a year or so. This time I spent several days in Provence - touring vineyards, tasting, and trying to figure out what I can find over here since I'm only allowed to return with two bottles. I brought back a fantastic Châteauneuf-du-Pape and a Viognier that I had in a restaurant and was able to find at a store in Avignon. The rest are on a list for me to try to track down here or see about case shipments from the vineyards. Several of them do that.

As has been the case on every trip, the French are very accommodating and always helpful with my less-than-impressive command of their language. Also worth mentioning - man, how can you not dig a country where so many of the women look like Audrey Tautou? :cool:

Took one day out of the tastings and drove to the Pont Du Gard. To stand in the shadow of a 2000 year-old structure is humbling, to say the least.
"We are simply passing through history......"

As you can see in the graphic I made in my first post, I flew to Barcelona first. I spent a few days there. Impressive architecture and art, also went to an opera at the Liceu. Barcelona is where I rented the car that I drove through Provence.

Anyway, that's it. It's good to be back. Those 14 hour flights take it out of me. I have a few days of time-difference readjustment, as well as getting caught up on the board.

As you can see, I read the Kingdom novel while I was flying. Really enjoyed it. Rollins did an outstanding job of giving the story even more depth. I particularly liked the way it opened with Orellana in 1546. Got about a third of the way through it a second time, on the return flight. I also watched Batman Begins - twice. I'll address that film, as well as a major shift in my Batman universe because of it.