Spielberg putting off Lincoln movie indefinitely..

Brody_Walker

Hi guys,

Long time reader, so i thought i'd join in the fun...

I was reading the news that Speilberg is putting off his Abe Lincoln pic indefinitely, but was rumoured to be because he wanted a break from filmmaking. Do you guys forsee this to be a postive or negative for Indy IV?

Brody

Johan

Brody_Walker said:
Hi guys,

Long time reader, so i thought i'd join in the fun...

I was reading the news that Speilberg is putting off his Abe Lincoln pic indefinitely, but was rumoured to be because he wanted a break from filmmaking. Do you guys forsee this to be a postive or negative for Indy IV?

Brody

First of all welcome to The Raven

I forsee this as another rumor that has little substance. Not that I don't believe you read this, I just can't see Speilberg breaking from filmaking.
Sources! We want Sources! Where did you read this?

"he wanted a break from filmmaking"

*crosses fingers*

Oh pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!

Then maybe we can get someone who isn't a HACK to make Indy 4...

Finn

Staff member
What that news piece says to me is that Spielberg is pushing the production start for his Abe Lincoln project. As the "rumor" of taking a break goes, well, it ain't rumor at all, but simply TIE.com's own speculation what this could possibly mean. And as you can see, Indy IV is mentioned as another possible reason.

As I said before... something's happening.

intergamer

"this could just be the result of Steven wanting to take a break from filmmaking for a while, something that he has mentioned recently"

I would like a source on the bolded part

Jay R. Zay

intergamer said:
"this could just be the result of Steven wanting to take a break from filmmaking for a while, something that he has mentioned recently"

I would like a source on the bolded part

probably the source for what spielberg mentions is spielberg, eh? ;)

IAdventurer01

Jay R. Zay said:
probably the source for what spielberg mentions is spielberg, eh? ;)
:D :rolleyes:

"Something is happening"? I love that, it sounds ominous.
Definately a source would be nice, but I agree that it seems odd that so much recently has been discussed as possibly effecting Indy IV.

Joe Brody

I'll confess to feeling pretty doubtful last Fall -- but now I agree that something's afoot. I'd love to see all the haters and doubters come back and fess up. I just went through a very similar experience with a certain professional sports team that I follow.

IndyBuff

Joe Brody said:
I'll confess to feeling pretty doubtful last Fall -- but now I agree that something's afoot. I'd love to see all the haters and doubters come back and fess up. I just went through a very similar experience with a certain professional sports team that I follow.

I feel the same way. I've had many doubts about this lately but things are certainly moving, for better or for worse. My faith in this project isn't completely gone yet....:)