New Indy 4 images from Monopoly

scifiwolf

If there's one thing we do know about Harrison, it's that he can deliver an undeliverable line. I was hating the "Part time" quip until I actually heard him say it. If the twist on his years/mileage ad lib from Raiders is in the movie, I think Harrison can sell it. However, it's already been said - just 'cause it's on some stupid board game doesn't mean jack s**t. It might not be in the movie at all.

No Ticket

Upon reflection of yesterday's board game revelation. Perhaps I was overreacting a bit. This stuff could work. Yes, it's the execution that matters. It can sound bad, but if done right it could be great.

I just have a hard time imagining an atomic explosion with Harrison hurrily dragging a fridge around, jumping inside just in time to see a wide shot of the mushroom cloud.

What would be funny is if he does that and it turns out to be a false alarm or something and no explosion happens at all.

... I don't think I'll hate the movie. And I don't think anything they do is going to "rape my childhood."

But I am over the line. It's not so much that particular line as the thought of what other lame ideas they might throw in there.

I think we need a new trailer. And I'd like to see the final poster already!!

Adamwankenobi

TheMan said:
Yes, it's tough to judge these possibilities on paper. I give 4 my full anticipation, be it hope, naivity, whatever. But if cinema's greatest hero hides in a f**king fridge, you won't see the screen for all the flying vomit. DEATH TO THE SAUCERMEN!

No doubt Indy fans will start hallucinating about refrigerators like Ellen Burstyn's character in Requiem for a Dream. ;)

tnswman

ResidentAlien said:
Lol, I take that as an insult.

Yet a thoroughly half-baked (PUN-O-RAMA!) one, so I'm not really worried.

If you can't tell the difference between childish irritability and constructive criticism, that's your own damned problem.

It is not your given right to give constructive criticisim of Indy.. It is THEIR movie.....Nothing you can come up with MATTERS or will be BETTER than their vision.

visionz13

have you people ever seen what a regular 65 year old person looks like?

Just enjoy the movie, and the opportunity we all have to relive some of our favorite childhood moments.

They could have just rebooted the franchise with an all new indy, then you guys can nitpick and complain...

but they didnt, so take it for what it is going to be and stop comparing his lines and all that ****, the man is old, its a blessing to have such a movie spectacle before us

tnswman

Dr.Sartorius said:
This thread is more hilarious than the "Indy's doesn't have gun in KOTCS?" thread.

We have a character named "MUTT" in the new movie and some of you are actually surprised and disappointed when we get this other obvious reference to Raiders?

Here's some advice: pretend like this movie's not happening and go see Chronicles of Narnia instead.

AMEN!!! these people have no right to enjoy this movie...they can NOT pick every little image or line apart...I hope they do HATE every second of it.. I hope it ruins their lives since you have spent all of this time "waiting and hoping"

At least the no Gun comments had a base of reality to them ( steven's hate of guns, 1950's not being a gun Friendly era, no photos of Indy with the gun) Once we saw the gun, it was OVER.. this CRAP goes ON AND ON!!

Perhilion

Oh please don't make Indy hide in the fridge from an ATOMIC BOMB! I can't believe they will do that, it's so stupid.

Darth Vile

One of the more frustrating aspects about forum boards like this is that people don't spend time reading what's been posted before.

It's already been stated that hiding in a fridge is no more ludicrous than hanging onto the underneath of a truck, jumping from a plane on an inflatable life raft or using an upturned coffin to escape a fiery death. If anyone is going to post about the fridge being a bad idea again (which is of course your prerogative), please have the wit to reason why it?s worse than anything else that?s appeared in an Indiana Jones movie before. At least that way we can have an intelligent debate...

SterankoII

I agree it's wrong to call somebody not a true fan because they don't like something or are critical but I also don't get them saying one line would ruin a movie for them. Are people really going to be that offended over the line being used? Did the original line get that a big laugh in the first one? I think people were still busy laughing over him getting hit in the head with the revolving mirror!

Perhilion

It's worse because most of those other stunts are possible (excluding the life-raft parachute). Whereas hiding in a 50s-era refrigerator to escape the blast from a bomb that can level cities is total tripe.

Mike00spy

?The fans are all upset,? Lucas says. ?They?re always going to be upset. ?Why did he do it like this? And why didn?t he do it like this?? They write their own movie, and then, if you don?t do their movie, they get upset about it. So you just have to stand by for the bricks and the custard pies, because they?re going to come flying your way.?

--------------

The guy is a genius. Look at the reaction to one line from a movie. ONE LINE! The way you are extrapolating this "supposed" line to meaning the movie will be Best Picture in the Razzy awards is quite funny.

I don't like the line, I don't hate it- I just don't care.

But really, I don't know how this movie could possibly satisfy some of you if you are foaming at the mouth over a single line that may or may not be in the final film.

visionz13

notice no posts from those anal worms anymore because they are re-thinking their ways. But TRUE, lets jump from a plane on a raft then fall over a cliff into some water and not sustain injury, that isnt ludicris at alllllll.

Just enjoy the movie, if you want to debate poorly made sequels/prequels go to theforce.net and complain about george lucas' terrible directing skills

The Man

Darth Vile said:
One of the more frustrating aspects about forum boards like this is that people don't spend time reading what's been posted before.

It's already been stated that hiding in a fridge is no more ludicrous than hanging onto the underneath of a truck, jumping from a plane on an inflatable life raft or using an upturned coffin to escape a fiery death. If anyone is going to post about the fridge being a bad idea again (which is of course your prerogative), please have the wit to reason why it?s worse than anything else that?s appeared in an Indiana Jones movie before. At least that way we can have an intelligent debate...

It's not merely the idea of hiding in a fridge that dreads people - it's WHERE that idea came from. If they use that horrible script as reference enough times, the movie could well suck serious ass. On balance I've found little to grumble about - nor have I went looking - but the Saucermen allusions are a worry.

1ord3vil

Actually, there is a lot of two things going on in this thread:

1. One group of people are complaining about the movie.
2. Another group of people are complaining about the first group of people.

I don't think the second group of people is any better than the first one. Oh, and this is just an observation by the way, not a complaint. After all, I'm not at all the kind of person who'd ever complain about the people who are complaining about those who are complaining about the movie. :)