The thing you and ONLY you think you noticed

Marionfan706

In the Raiders classroom scene, two girls are walking out, and one says "...just off today. Must be all the traveling." It doesn't say it in the subtitles.
And also, maybe im just stating what everybody knows, but when in the ship taking them to the island where the ark opening will be held, Marion and Belloq are seen walking in the backround.
Also, off the subject, but i always laugh when i see the ship captain playing around with the compass.:hat:

Stoo

Marionfan706 said:
And also, maybe im just stating what everybody knows, but when in the ship taking them to the island where the ark opening will be held, Marion and Belloq are seen walking in the backround.
Yes, and you can also see Toht, too, but they all look like stand-in actors. I don't think it's K.Allen, P.Freeman or R.Lacey.

IndyAJA77

mr.wolf said:
well when i first saw Raiders in theaters about 3 years ago, I noticed that in the scene where Belloq has taken over the ship the Ark was on and had captured Marion and she was wearing that white silk dress, she wasn't exactly wearing panties and lets just say Karen Allen didn't exactly shave back then.

OK, I checked that scene out last night and I didn't see it. I don't know if my tv isn't big enough or what, but I didn't see what you guys saw.

The Man

IndyAJA77 said:
OK, I checked that scene out last night and I didn't see it. I don't know if my tv isn't big enough or what, but I didn't see what you guys saw.

Only Blu-Ray will end this argument.

IndyAJA77

I wasn't disputing the claim, just saying that I didn't see what others saw on my standard def dvd with my standard def tv. I'm guessing it probably was a technology issue. Oh well.

The Man

IndyAJA77 said:
I wasn't disputing the claim, just saying that I didn't see what others saw on my standard def dvd with my standard def tv. I'm guessing it probably was a technology issue. Oh well.

What brand is your TV? Bush?

what is the deal with Toht in the staff car as Deitrich smashes the mellon...couldn't they get an stunt double to act a little animated while keeping the back of his head/hat towards the camera?

Looks like they hung his jacket on a hangar and his hat on a broom stick...

Indy's Fist

To answer the original question...I am the only person to ever notice the winds/storms that appear as the heros get closer to reaching the Ark. When Marion pulls the medallion from her blouse the wind picks up, almost blowing a nearby candle out. Later, while Indy and Sallah talk to "The Old Man" who interpreted the medllion, a wind cuts through his house. Then while Indy and the diggers finaly open the Well of the Souls a huge storm is going on. Lastly, after opening the Ark a storm erupts from the Ark.

I think all the wind & storms where warnings from God. It still give me a chill, even as I write this!

Also, I'm the only person to notice that "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is THE GREATEST FILM ACHIVEMENT OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!

Dr.Jonesy

I just noticed, in the sandpit scene in KOTCS, in one part you can see Mutt's buttcrack hanging out!

:sick:

Bjorn Heimdall

starhatsunsaucer.jpg

I've mentioned this before but I'll do it again for the sake of having something to write about in this great thread:p

In this image you can see indy's shadow on the car (duh) so the sun must be behind him. Just moments later, Indy turns away from the vehicle (when we see him) and then back towards it, now with the sun shining in his face. This seems to indicate that the sun has shifted 180 degrees in the sky in mere seconds.

One thing in Raiders that I always love is the coat hanger scene. I bet pretty much everyone has noticed this but it's so amusing how freaked out Belloq is, no less then Marion herself. Then they share this moment of relief when they realise it's not a torturing device(y)

Arab Swordsman

Here's one I noticed watching Raiders again over the weekend. The pilot of the flying wing (Frank Marshall) just totally ignores Indy through the yelling and the fist fight with the crew member and doesn't even hear the wrench being smacked into the prop blades. He also doesn't hear Indy jump onto the plane as he's coming towards him but he turns around and acts shocked only when the German Mechanic starts yelling at Indy. I just thought it was funny how he's oblivious to everything except the German Mechanic's voice!

xxIndyxVogelxx

Stoo said:
This is probably hands-down the BEST one:

"Who the HECK is this guy?"
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=10247&highlight=heck

Anyway, this mystery man is not alone because I noticed another one. There's two!

Has anyone ever realised that when Indy gallops through the crowd of diggers to catch the desert convoy,
the shot is reversed, mirror-fashion? Indy's bag is on the wrong side and the proper shot is in the trailer.:eek:

whoa i never saw THAT guy before! and i've watched that movie more than a dozen times! good catch...i learned something new today:cool:

Indy's brother

The scene in KOTCS when Indy is driving the "Duck" along the edge of that cliff, a russian soldier jumps off the back. When he tumbles on the ground, he rolls in the WRONG DIRECTION! His body should have tumbled in the same direction as the moving vehicle, but instead he rolls away, like it was standing still...which it probably was, parked on a green screen.

Goodeknight

Okay, I haven't read all 14 pages, so someone may have mentioned this. There's also the possibility that absolutely no one will care.

In the scene on the beach in LC, just before Henry Sr. scares the gulls into taking out the fighter plane, there's a medium shot of Indy. The breeze blows, and it ruffles his jacket.

I just always thought it was cool, because you'd never see a cowhide jacket flutter like that -- but in this case, it was "authentic lamb" as Wested would put it. Light and soft.

Meerkat

Stoo said:
This is probably hands-down the BEST one:

"Who the HECK is this guy?"
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=10247&highlight=heck

Anyway, this mystery man is not alone because I noticed another one. There's two!

Has anyone ever realised that when Indy gallops through the crowd of diggers to catch the desert convoy,
the shot is reversed, mirror-fashion? Indy's bag is on the wrong side and the proper shot is in the trailer.:eek:
Holy crow...Whoever saw that is the observation god.