Vancouver Olympics 2010

roundshort

A little better than the last game, USA 6, Finland 1, is Hocky a new sport to them?

Something tells me Canada might play a bit better than last time . . .

AlivePoet

Canada Vs USA: Pregame Panel

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5001HwXRuSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5001HwXRuSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In light of the big game between Canada and the USA. ;)

...at least the Olympics will be ending with a real sport.

A lot of drama, home team beaten gets their rematch. No worries about suspensions for fighting, so watch out.

AlivePoet

I think it's quite likely that Canada will come away with the gold, but not by much. The USA will put up a fight...

...just more opportunity for Team Canada to showcase its squelching finesse. :D

AlivePoet

Damn, I'm staying up all night for this...the game starts at 5:15 am Korean time. Less than an hour to go...

And to freshen the spirit of patriotism here, I will take the liberty of quoting the eternal hockey prayer:

"Our Father, who art in GM Place, hockey be thy name; thy will be done. GOLD to be WON on ICE as well as IN THE STANDS! Give us this day, our hockey sticks, and forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who crosscheck against us. Lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to victory, in the name of the fans, CANADA and the HOLY PUCK. AMEN."

What a game! To Hades with Sidney Crosby!

Hope we still get the pros next time out...

...nice to see Canadian respect for Ryan Miller.

(usurping The Lords Prayer is MORE disgraceful then the Canadian National Anthem, and stupid!)

Congratulations Canada...:hat:

Peru1936

AlivePoet said:
Damn, I'm staying up all night for this...the game starts at 5:15 am Korean time. Less than an hour to go...

And to freshen the spirit of patriotism here, I will take the liberty of quoting the eternal hockey prayer:

"Our Father, who art in GM Place, hockey be thy name; thy will be done. GOLD to be WON on ICE as well as IN THE STANDS! Give us this day, our hockey sticks, and forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who crosscheck against us. Lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to victory, in the name of the fans, CANADA and the HOLY PUCK. AMEN."

Yeah, we were pretty lucky to have the game fall on the night before a national holiday - no weary day at work from staying up all night!

AlivePoet

Peru1936 said:
Yeah, we were pretty lucky to have the game fall on the night before a national holiday - no weary day at work from staying up all night!

Yeah, that'll have to wait until the day after Dylan on the 31st. :D

Peru1936

AlivePoet said:
Yeah, that'll have to wait until the day after Dylan on the 31st. :D

Jeff Beck is playing on the 20th. The show's sold out now though.

I saw Sonny Rollins a couple years ago in Gangnam. Helluva show.

roundshort

WHat a game! I wish teh USA would have won, but at least Sid got the winning goal (if not the USA, a Penguin)

Sorry Russkies!

Stoo

Goonie said:
It was a great four days I had in Vancouver. :cool:
Glad you had a good time, Goon!:D
Alive Poet said:
I flew back to Montreal the day before so was able to watch it in the comfortable hours of the afternoon with friends. Downtown, the streets were dead during the game but we went out afterwards (during the TERRIBLE closing ceremonies) and it was the polar opposite...There was an abundance of rejoicing.:D
Rocket Surgeon said:
What a game! To Hades with Sidney Crosby!
Many hockey fans I know despise Crosby but he has now been elevated to new, national hero status!
roundshort said:
WHat a game! I wish teh USA would have won, but at least Sid got the winning goal (if not the USA, a Penguin)
EXCITING GAME! Team USA put up a great fight and I couldn't help but feel sorry for them.

RedeemedChild

These were indeed the most uplifting and glorious Olympic games of all time.

I enjoyed Vancouver 2010 very, very much. All of my favorite athletes performed wonderfully: Shawn White, Apolo Ohno, Julia Mancuso, Shawnee Davis, Kim-Yu-Na and many more.

I pray God will guide us past 2012 and that all will be well in the world in 2014 when the 2014 Olympic Games take place in Russia.

Montana Smith

RedeemedChild said:

One Canadian Hockey player even got "uplifted" off the ice and over the barrier in the final. That was gloriously funny!

Goonie

It was a heck of a two weeks, and wild and crazy ride over the past 7 years since we got the bid and prior to that, I think the bid process took about 5 years. It was quite the trip. The games are two days over already and I still have Olympic hangover.

The Paralympics are coming up. I'll be watching those too.(y)

Stoo

RedeemedChild said:
"Of all time"? Wow, you must be the oldest person alive...:rolleyes:
RedeemedChild said:
I pray God will guide us past 2012 and that all will be well in the world in 2014 when the 2014 Olympic Games take place in Russia.
Why? Are both you & Him afraid of the 2012 Olympics in London?:confused:
Montana Smith said:
One Canadian Hockey player even got "uplifted" off the ice and over the barrier in the final. That was gloriously funny!
A Georgian luge tobagganer also flew from the track into a pillar and died. Neither "uplifting" nor "glorious".:(

metalinvader

RedeemedChild said:

facepalm4cr.jpg

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
A Georgian luge tobagganer also flew from the track into a pillar and died. Neither "uplifting" nor "glorious".:(

Definitely a darker moment. There were some pretty dangerous looking bob crashes, too.

Stoo said:
Why? Are both you & Him afraid of the 2012 Olympics in London?

The UK's bankrupt, so anyone into egg and spoon or sack races?