what is it with vampires being romantic?

metalinvader

Agent Crab said:
That's why I dubbed them Rod and Todd.

I need to caption her post.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_VHJtTJlkM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_VHJtTJlkM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not that far off.

Kinda scary!

KiKi Kat

from-dusk-till-dawn-movie-poster-2-small.jpg

Another good vampire movie with a little comedy relief added in.

KiKi Kat

RedeemedChild said:
Dakota Fanning a Vampire? Hmm...looking good to me.

Ummm.... ain't she a little young for you. Ain't she like 15 or somethin? I have a daughter 15 and there is no way she would be allowed to date a 20 year old.

RedeemedChild

KiKi Kat said:
Ummm.... ain't she a little young for you. Ain't she like 15 or somethin?

Ah, I'm just a fan. What? Is something a bit wrong with that? A few of my 20 something friends and I like Dakota Fanning but just because I'm 20 does not mean that I can't be a fan Dakota does it? Besides it's not like I have a crush or anything. I'm simply happy to see her moving up the ranks and getting a role in an EMO film.

Beside's the Twilight Saga does have a few warped ideas by the time you get to the third book sadly.

KiKi Kat

RedeemedChild said:
Ah, I'm just a fan. What? Is something a bit wrong with that? A few of my 20 something friends and I like Dakota Fanning but just because I'm 20 does not mean that I can't be a fan Dakota does it? Besides it's not like I have a crush or anything. I'm simply happy to see her moving up the ranks and getting a role in an EMO film.

Beside's the Twilight Saga does have a few warped ideas by the time you get to the third book sadly.

I never said it was wrong to be a fan. I just think it's weird when a grown man says a 15 y/o girl is looking good to him.

KiKi Kat said:
I never said it was wrong to be a fan. I just think it's weird when a grown man says a 15 y/o girl is looking good to him.
Lol Kiki, my parents a split in age, my dads 5 years older than my mom.

RedeemedChild

KiKi Kat said:

Okay, well I can see how you might find it strange. However I do have a friend who is 13 and has a 17 year old girlfriend.

Btw I have come to learn that what is in the heart matters more than age in some cases. However I don't want to marry someone who is way older or younger than me. It's freaky IMO.

KiKi Kat

RedeemedChild said:
Okay, well I can see how you might find it strange. However I do have a friend who is 13 and has a 17 year old girlfriend.

Btw I have come to learn that what is in the heart matters more than age in some cases. However I don't want to marry someone who is way older or younger than me. It's freaky IMO.

15 to me is still very young for a 20 year old and up to be lookin at in that way. I don't have a problem with age as long as they are both of legal age. I happen to be 9 years older then my hubby. I am Cougar hear me roar!!

But anyway, I have a 15 year old daughter and it would upset me extremely if a 20 year old showed "interest" in her. I guess he wouldn't be able to reproduce anymore after I got done with him.

Robyn

KiKi Kat said:
But anyway, I have a 15 year old daughter and it would upset me extremely if a 20 year old showed "interest" in her. I guess he wouldn't be able to reproduce anymore after I got done with him.

Haha!!!! KiKi, you're cracking me up girl ;) Man oh man if you were Marion's mother, look out Indy!! LOLOL:whip: ;)

I know you said you're not really that into Indiana Jones, but if you've seen Raiders, Marion was supposedly around 15/16 and Indy was 26/27 when they had their first affair!

Le Saboteur

They're not always 'romantic'. It's just the most recent pop culture fad -- those obsessed with vampires, like most adolescents, are thanatophiles.

483227.1020.A.jpg

In fact, Guillermo del Toro rather recently released a book (co-written, of course) that returns vampires to the status of blood-sucking fiends.

RedeemedChild

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dUB1DFswMg0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dUB1DFswMg0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Agent Crab

WTF Redeem?

And the Werewolves look really corny and fake. I like Werewolves and all.. but these wolves look like the effects were form the SyFy channel.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
WTF Redeem?

And the Werewolves look really corny and fake. I like Werewolves and all.. but these wolves look like the effects were form the SyFy channel.

LOL.

I know, but than again I watch the SyFy Channel quite a bit and I have an appreciation for many different entertainment qualities. Snesh, I watch anything from Power Rangers, Star Trek DS9, The Legend of Zelda cartoon, Love Comes Softly, StarGate Universe, Tin Man all the way to Kimba The White Lion.

If it's descent, entertaining and has plenty to spike the imagination I'll watch it no matter the quality.