LC and the Grail Legend

Mickiana

Nicely thought out, Finn. The concept of advanced science appearing as magic to us did occur to me, but you sorted it out nicely, especially with the water containing the nanites and the grail affects them positively. (y)

Drones33

So presumably crossing the seal de-activates the microchip, causing the nanites to revert to their original programming.
I`m liking this idea.

Finn

Staff member
We don't really have to stop with the Grail. What I always found curious about Indy's kind of supernatural is that it's not just specific type of supernatural, but the principle of "all myths are true" applies as well. Christian artefacts, Sankara stones and their roots in hinduism, Chinese mythology... all seems a fair game, even when their mythological roots (none of which are found to be a complete hoax) are in clear contradiction against each other.

So KotCS became bit of a game changer. Now we can reliably apply Clarke's third law to explain most, if not all of them. God's radio, Sankara stones, Atlantis*, and what else... Just like the crystal skulls, all simply advanced alien (interdimensional?) technology that goes beyond human comprehension - especially from the standpoint of 1930s and earlier. Those actual myths are simply a primitive mind's attempt to explain them.

*Although, this seems to be the suggestion with Atlantis in the first place. So the hints have actually been out there a while.

Finn

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
Finn almost has me convinced that a Steampunk Indiana Jones would be entertaining.
The final chapter of FoA technically offers a glimpse to the very thing.

Pale Horse

Staff member
tumblr_o4uzby1t2L1qghl49o1_r1_540.gif