KotCS comic spoilers

tnswman

indyfan105 said:
since this is a spoiler section of the forum.. I want to say something about this thread. be warned.. spoilers..

I saw the end of the comic book for indy 4.. it certainly make sense to me.. one of the rules in scriptwriting is that the hero is wanting something. we see that indy lost both his father and his friend brody. he is probably wishing that he has a family. he gets one at the end of the movie. for me.. that works. besides him and marion were made for each other anyways.. you also got that. I have no problem that mutt is his son. its probably better that way.

Jacob

and you are 100% correct..Let's just say that indy learned a LOT from his father during and after TLC..and it shows up here at the end of the story BIG TIME in the temple!

tnswman

MattJones said:
That was the first sentence I read in this thread... I was suddenly worried that we'd find out at the end of KOTCS that Spalko actually is a guy. :sick:

Sorry bro!! I was talking about the Massive indy 4 hater on his forum :( You actually feel kind of sorry for the REAL Spalko in the movie :(

tnswman said:
Sorry bro!! I was talking about the Massive indy 4 hater on his forum :( You actually feel kind of sorry for the REAL Spalko in the movie :(

Never said I hated it, only that I was disappointed.

MattJones

Agent Spalko said:
Never said I hated it, only that I was disappointed.

Hey, I trust Agent Spalko (the poster)'s judgment. There are only a couple wet blankets in this forum... Agent Spalko isn't one of them.

Skipper

MattJones said:
Hey, I trust Agent Spalko (the poster)'s judgment. There are only a couple wet blankets in this forum... Agent Spalko isn't one of them.
All of Agent Spalko's posts are negative. He/she even bashes the soundtrack!

If you don't like Indy or you think the new movie will suck, then fine. But why spend your time posting on an Indy fan forum unless you just derive pleasure from trying to ruin the fun for everyone else?

Skipper said:
All of Agent Spalko's posts are negative. He/she even bashes the soundtrack!

If you don't like Indy or you think the new movie will suck, then fine. But why spend your time posting on an Indy fan forum unless you just derive pleasure from trying to ruin the fun for everyone else?

I gave my honest opinion of the soundtrack. It sorely lacks the signature themes and leitmotifs of Crusade or Doom. Williams phones it in. Apparently a person can't post a critical viewpoint without getting attacked by the circle-jerk bandwagon. Keep drinking the kool-aid.

Jndy

Some people only post positive, gushing remarks about how brilliant Indy 4 will be. Others only post bitter jeremiads about how Indy 4 represents the decline of cinema.

I guarantee that neither poster is right, but they still have a right to post their opinion. Until the Raven changes posting guidelines to "Must love Lucas," I will continue to defend anti-Lucas posters.

The guy's insane. Feces-smearing insane. Talks-to-the-radio insane. Casting-Hayden-Christensen-as-Darth-Vader-what-the-hell insane. Yet I still think that Indy 4 will be pretty good as long as Spielberg/Koepp have influence.

Skipper

Jndy said:
Until the Raven changes posting guidelines to "Must love Lucas," I will continue to defend anti-Lucas posters.

The guy's insane. Feces-smearing insane. Talks-to-the-radio insane. Casting-Hayden-Christensen-as-Darth-Vader-what-the-hell insane. Yet I still think that Indy 4 will be pretty good as long as Spielberg/Koepp have influence.
How noble that you'll continue to defend anti-Lucas posters when you yourself are an anti-Lucas poster! :) (But in all seriousness, I do share your misgivings about Lucas.)

For the record, I don't expect Indy 4 to be a great film. I expect it to be pretty much like the first 3, and since I love Indy, I'll love the movie.

I think critics of the movie are holding it up to an impossible standard. If TOD came out today, it would get ROASTED by the critics (even more than it did when it first came out). I watched it the other day, and objectively, it's just a ridiculous movie. Pretty much all of Willie's lines are cringe-inducing (and it's not Kate Capshaw's fault).

Skipper said:
How noble that you'll continue to defend Lucas-hating posters when you yourself are a Lucas-hating poster! :) (But in all seriousness, I do share your misgivings about Lucas.)

For the record, I don't expect Indy 4 to be a great film. I expect it to be pretty much like the first 3, and since I love Indy, I'll love the movie.

I think critics of the movie are holding it up to an impossible standard. If TOD came out today, it would get ROASTED by the critics. I watched it the other day, and objectively, it's just a ridiculous movie. Pretty much all of Willie's lines are cringe-inducing (and it's not Kate Capshaw's fault).

I agree, TOD is my least favorite but I still don't hate it. KOTCS may disappoint on many levels and may end up being the worst of them all but I still won't hate it. Now that I know what will disappoint me I can just watch the film for what it is. Better to go in knowing what to expect. I read the script to Episode I 2 months before it came out and thought it was awful but I put my faith in Lucas because I knew writing wasn't his strength and that somehow he would work his magic. Now I know better.

Skipper

Agent Spalko said:
I agree, TOD is my least favorite but I still don't hate it. KOTCS may disappoint on many levels and may end up being the worst of them all but I still won't hate it. Now that I know what will disappoint me I can just watch the film for what it is. Better to go in knowing what to expect. I read the script to Episode I 2 months before it came out and thought it was awful but I put my faith in Lucas because I knew writing wasn't his strength and that somehow he would work his magic. Now I know better.
I don't blame you for being disillusioned with Lucas. He really just needed someone to sit him down and say, "No, you are not going to cast an 8-year-old as Darth Vader, and Jar-Jar Binks will never exist outside your imagination." Hopefully Spielberg has provided the necessary restraint for this film. I hope you'll enjoy it, and I'm sorry if I was too hard on you.

Darth Vile

Lucas doesn't need to sit down and be restrained by anyone (a thousand moviemakers would take his word in a second). The prequels were 3 of the biggest movies of all time and such is their reach that you still see kids buying the games or pretending to be Jedi 3 years after ROTS. You can take the weakest scenes from any of the prequels (IMHO) and they are still better than the best scenes in Hook or The Lost World (to name but two). Disillusionment is a state of mind not necessarily borne out of the reality...

tnswman

Skipper said:
I don't blame you for being disillusioned with Lucas. He really just needed someone to sit him down and say, "No, you are not going to cast an 8-year-old as Darth Vader, and Jar-Jar Binks will never exist outside your imagination." Hopefully Spielberg has provided the necessary restraint for this film. I hope you'll enjoy it, and I'm sorry if I was too hard on you.

Why did he need someone to sit him down and correct HIS VISION? He allowed us to see the movies as HE SAW them! it is his right to do so and None of our D@mn business! that's the attitude that gets me...You take it sooo personal when in reality, You don't matter! I really hate to break it to a lot of you SW haters...They were a success!! I would rather him stay true to HIS vision and not what the Fanbabies want...The fans that write their own little stories ( which suck ) and then get mad when Lucas does not use them....Do ANY of you realize that this is what yo uare doing? That you think your OPINION matters?

That's what I want to know...How can "adults" be so blind to reality? Or litterally ignorant to their role? You are TICKER PURCHASERS, You do NOT have any other obligation than to see the film BEFORE you cast judgement...It is your priviledge then to be a fan or not..It's the reasons behind those thoughts which are so twisted.

for every old fan that HATED Jar-Jar, there were HUNDREDS of kids that liked him...guess what, Those kids are now keeping SW alive! No different when Adults didn't like or respect the original trilogy that everyone defends soooo much.

Hate to break itto you, but WE WERE ALL younger then and much less jaded...Were those movies released now, you would probably hate them too.

THAT is the reality!

Skipper

tnswman said:
Why did he need someone to sit him down and correct HIS VISION? He allowed us to see the movies as HE SAW them! it is his right to do so and None of our D@mn business! that's the attitude that gets me...You take it sooo personal when in reality, You don't matter!
Sure, Lucas had the right to make whatever movie he wanted, but by your logic, every single movie ever made is immune from criticism because the filmmaker has the right to do whatever he wants.

I see I'm simultaneously being criticized for being a Lucas-hater and a knee-jerk Lucas defender. The truth is somewhere in between. I love Indy, and I'm grateful to Lucas for inventing him. I love the original Star Wars and I like the prequels, too, but I still think Jar-Jar sucks and that Anakin as an 8-year-old was ridiculous. Oh, and I also hated the CGI in the prequels. I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Raiders90

Skipper said:
Sure, Lucas had the right to make whatever movie he wanted, but by your logic, every single movie ever made is immune from criticism because the filmmaker has the right to do whatever he wants.

I see I'm simultaneously being criticized for being a Lucas-hater and a Lucas-lover. The truth is somewhere in between. I love Indy, and I'm grateful to Lucas for inventing him. I love the original Star Wars and I like the prequels, too, but I still think Jar-Jar sucks and that Anakin as an 8-year-old was ridiculous. I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Crticism is fine, and is awesome, and is a good means of expression but it's when people cry that Lucas is ''evil'', that he is ''insane'' and that he ''raped my childhood'' or that somehow the prequels ruin the originals and make the originals crap that it borders on histrionic behavior and ridiculousness.

Skipper

Raiders112390 said:
Crticism is fine, and is awesome, and is a good means of expression but it's when people cry that Lucas is ''evil'', that he is ''insane'' and that he ''raped my childhood'' or that somehow the prequels ruin the originals and make the originals crap that it borders on histrionic behavior and ridiculousness.
I agree with that. I'm glad Lucas made the prequels, because I'm a Star Wars fan. And I think it's stupid when people think that a sequel (or prequel) someone ruins the original. But that doesn't mean I'm a fan of every decision Lucas makes.

Raiders90

Skipper said:
I agree with that. I'm glad Lucas made the prequels, because I'm a Star Wars fan. And I think it's stupid when people think that a sequel (or prequel) someone ruins the original. But that doesn't mean I'm a fan of every decision Lucas makes.

Of course not. Not everything Lucas does is good, but not evertyhing he does is bad or an evil act. I don't mind critics, but I hate histrionic psychos.

Cyrano

Thoughts

Keep in mind that most movies are made by committee today and it shows. Every exec is looking to make big bucks and discards story and vision in favor of what opinion polls reflect. Movie are recycled, sequels are greenlit, original stories are few and far between.

Lucas and Spielberg are two of the few people who have full autonomy to do what they wish and that's what they do. If they listened to the divergent opinions of this forum alone nothing would get made and if it did half of you would still be upset.

The world wanted another IJ movie as did 95% of those on this board but it didn't get made till Ford, Spielberg, and Lucas came up with a story they were all willing to tell. They didn't do it for the money, they did to tell a story and to please the fans. Not all fans will be pleased but they will all go to see it. If they don't see it they shouldn't complain or criticize. It's like *****ing out your elected officials when you chose not to vote.

At any rate, the movie will be better than most of the want-to-bees and knock-offs that try to emulate IJ but never come close.