Anybody have any of the original Young Indiana Jones on tape ??

micsteam

Just wondering, does anybody out there have any of the original airings of Young Indiana Jones from ABC back in the day ?? Preferably from NY/Tri state area channel 7 ABC but I'm open for any help. Stoo ??

Stoo

Most of my recordings of the 1992-93 North American broadcasts, I taped from ABC but on channel 8 (WMTW - Poland Spring, Maine) just north of the New York tri-state area.

The remainder are from CTV in Canada (CFCF in Montreal or CJOH in Ottawa).

indyclone25

i taped all the shows on tape and have them two shows per tape in sp mode.
from the chicago area , been planning on putting them on dvd , maybe will start this weekend otr this week ......:D

Rad00

indyclone25 said:
i taped all the shows on tape and have them two shows per tape in sp mode.
from the chicago area , been planning on putting them on dvd , maybe will start this weekend otr this week ......:D

When you get finished i would love to get a copy on dvd from you if your offering copies (y) Do you also have the episodes that were unaired in america aswell? (Apparently there are 8 in total and even have episode #'s to them). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Young_Indiana_Jones_Chronicles_episodes

micsteam

Stoo or Indyclone if you guys could help me out I'd appreciate it, I haven't seen these unaltered since those original broadcasts back in '92 before I moved to Florida. If either of you have the ability to make copies on VHS or even better DVD I'll be happy to cover expenses or send you the tapes or DVDs needed. Hey Indyclone 25 are you the guy who's doing all the Indy hat reviews on Youtube ?? If so, great job !! Your son looks like a natural with that whip !! Keep up the good work

indyclone25

working on transferring vhs to dvd as i type this , many episodes and i'm making sure i take any commercials that may have made it on to the tapes.

Stoo

Rad00 said:
Do you also have the episodes that were unaired in america aswell? (Apparently there are 8 in total and even have episode #'s to them). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Young_Indiana_Jones_Chronicles_episodes
I have every episode and transferred them all to DVD several years ago. Just so you know, that Wiki article is misleading and contains some errors. Only 4 episodes (not 8) weren't shown in the U.S. - Florence, Transylvania, Prague & Palestine. The rest in that Wiki 'unaired' list were never shown individually anywhere.

@micsteam: When I get back from vacation, I'll clear out my Raven Inbox and we can talk via PM.

Crack that whip

I think I taped every episode that aired where I was, though I do know I had to eventually get a copy of one of them from a friend, probably because my first copy somehow got taped over, though it's possible I simply forgot to tape that one. There were of course some that didn't air in the US, and at least one that was scheduled to air but got preempted by one of Ross Perot's presidential campaign infomercials. :rolleyes:

The one I got from a friend is really lousy because of some tracking issue, and of course none of these home recordings on VHS from ~20 years ago look all that great. Worse, I no longer have the pilot, "Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Jackal" - shortly after it aired, I mailed my copy to a friend I wanted to see it, simply assuming that I'd be able to record another copy sometime (or better yet, buy a high-quality commercial version when the series made its eventual home video debut). If only I'd known... :(

But that said, I do have most of the series in the form of homemade tapes of varying quality.

Rad00

Stoo said:
I have every episode and transferred them all to DVD several years ago. Just so you know, that Wiki article is misleading and contains some errors. Only 4 episodes (not 8) weren't shown in the U.S. - Florence, Transylvania, Prague & Palestine. The rest in that Wiki 'unaired' list were never shown individually anywhere.

@micsteam: When I get back from vacation, I'll clear out my Raven Inbox and we can talk via PM.

Thanx for the updated info on the Wiki article. Also when you clear out your inbox send me a PM so we can talk further about the dvds Stoo ;)

indyclone25

as i was recording i noticed my copy of the "ireland" episode and "my travels with father" is missing , couldn't fnd it. so in total i have 21 stories that's including hour long episodes and the movies ,

micsteam

Anything new ?? Stoo ?? Clone ?? No pressure just checking in. Just got back from Disney World, missed Indy Adventure but Star Wars at Disney Studios was a blast !!! Me, my buddy, and my nephew went on 5 times !!! Great Ride !!!

micsteam

Anything new for this thread ?? Any updates ?? Funny last time I posted on this thread I had just got back from Disney World to talk about Lucasfilm properties now Disney owns those properties funny what happens in a few months..... WOW !!

Stoo

Sorry for the late reply, Micsteam. Here's the unfortunate situation:

I've just discovered that many of my burned discs won't play on my new computer. It doesn't even recognize that there is a disc in the tray. This is really distressing!:mad:

In addition to that, I've made copies for a couple of Raven members before and the discs wouldn't play on certain devices.

I'm currently living in Switzerland so all of my original VHS tapes are sitting in storage back home in Montreal. The only burner I have over here is on my computer. If my discs can play on my stand-alone DVD player, I could hook up the computer to the TV and re-record them but that would be a lot of time-consuming work.

Perhaps Mark/indyclone can help you out and I could provide the 2 episodes that he is missing. Plus, shipping from Chicago to Florida won't cost as much postage as from The Switz!

paraiderfan

Stoo said:
I've just discovered that many of my burned discs won't play on my new computer. It doesn't even recognize that there is a disc in the tray. This is really distressing!:mad:

Hey Stoo-Anything I can do to help with your discs? Maybe when you get back to Canada, you can send them to me and I can see if I can reburn them for you.
If I can help, let me know. I'm willing to try.

micsteam

yeah, anything I can do to help let me know. Is there anyway the videos can be sent via email or can they be posted to a site we can download from maybe ?? Just an idea.

micsteam

Bumping the thread. Any news Indyclone25 on those DVDs ?? Just checking in. If you need help or whatever let me know. I appreciate it.

indyclone25

been busy , sorry it'll take me time to recopy the rest of my dvds to dvds again. with work and i also have to do my sketch cards for companies i am working with, i don't really get the time like i used to. i will try to do it when i can though . :D