• Ruger 9E or SR9 modern Hi Capacity 9mm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snub nose .38

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

island_boy

New member from Georgia, USA. I am building an Indiana Jones wardrobe collection, not to collect, but to wear on hiking, exploration, jeep, motorcycle, and other outdoor adventures. It's fun to collect the movie stuff you can actually use.

But that got me thinking - what would Indy carry today?

Would he stay all leather gear, or go with the new microfiber lightweight stuff. I love my leather chukka boots, but they're heavy, and don't dry out like my lightweight space-age Merrills do.

What about jacket? Still leather? I wear my leather jacket (indy style but not a true movie type jacket) all the time - in the winter, in the rain, in the cold, on the motorcycle. It's due for replacement, so I'll probably get one from the list I've seen here (Wested or Todd's - great prices!). But there are times when you have to go lightweight modern fabrics.

What about weaponry? Would he stay true to his rugged nature and go w/ an all-steel revolver - S&W, Ruger, etc.?

Or would he go hi-tech tactical and go Glock/S&W/H&K/Walther/etc. Big cals or 9mm.

(One could argue he was old-tech and new tech in Raiders, he had a revolver - old tech - and a Hi Power - new tech wondernine).

I'm considering the following for my next purchase:

Browning Hi Power (old tech wondernine 9mm)
Ruger 9e or SR9C (new tech wondernine 9mm)
S&W or Ruger Revolver in .38/.357/.45/.455/.44
Glock 17 or 19 9mm
1911 .45acp
Webley .38/.455
Others?

What do you think? What would "Modern Day Indy" wear and carry?

Island Boy

TheFedora

I have a feeling that a modern day Indy would not wear the leather jacket. Maybe be more like the Temple of doom outfit, in a way... Picture that but a more Uncharted influenced look. Keep the fedora and the bag... that's classic. Modernize the bag, maybe give it a bit of compartments so that Indy can carry more?

If modern day Indy is traversing the same rugged territory he was seen in the quadrilogy, I find it not at all unlikely he would carry a rope and a grappelling hook to be able to navigate his way through treacherous terrain. As for the whip, one might say its superfluous with the grappelling hook, there are times when you might need it. :whip:

bingothehutt

I wish you made the poll with boxes rather than radio buttons! hahaha. I could see him carrying about any of them, but if I had to pick something other than the 1911, I would say he would carry a 357 revolver. Gotta have a reliable backup gun!

otto rahn

Indy today may well want heavier firepower or greater capacity in his handgun so I think that something like a Desert Eagle in one of the magnum calibres (or .50 AE) might suit him.