New Acquisitions!!

metalinvader said:
@Edward

In regards to the Ice Cream sandwiches..Are the actual sandwiches Indy themed?

No, the sandwiches and cones I guess are normal. They come in a white packaging. It was a royal pain in the butt to cut those boxes open though without ripping them. I even sharpened my knife and still had a hard time. They are good, very good.

JimmyPSHayes

blueseattle said:
I figured with Chicago being a major city, we'd have this stuff, but.. alas.. no.
Check your local Jewel, that's were I found a bunch of the food and candy. And I also found the handbook today. THAT is awesome.

bonoferox

Not that great, but finally got a phone that allowed me to get the Indiana Jones theme ringtone.

There's a comic show tomorrow in Indy and one guy normally has things before they see the light of day. I'm hoping he'll have a few things.

Crayfish

bonoferox said:
There's a comic show tomorrow in Indy and one guy normally has things before they see the light of day. I'm hoping he'll have a few things.

Not unless he has a source in Hong Kong or is best friends with tnswman.

bonoferox

Or unless he knows the "psst, over here" guys. He'll probably have nothing, but it'll be fun to look. And I need to complete my Heritage collection, so I'll check for those.

bonoferox

Yeah comic show had absolute rubbish. Did get Raiders of the Lost Ark issue 1 and Indiana Jones number one for $2.00 each, though.

metalinvader

Just picked up the larger sized boxes of Apple Jacks and Corn Pops..They have Indy games on the back but no spoon offer.Also,I got the Indy M&M ice cream sandwiches.

Nurhachi1991

my dad bought some cheese its and i looked at the label and it had the raiders mail away offer i was like good call dad

bonoferox

Found the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Lego set at Wal-Mart this morning!

Unfortunately I didn't have the $80.00 to spend right away.

tnswman

I walked into my wal-mart this AM and they HANDED me the AKATOR playset from Lego..It is $79.86

I bought it IMMEDIATLY!! The Indy stuff is starting to show in the registers, So...It will be a VERY short time before they start pushing them to the shelves...I have all my plans in-place... ALL of you better be telling your Department managers that you EXPECT evrything Indy on May 1st ( Unless you get them early ) because if you leave itto the stock people, they will NOT get everything for you.

I will take pics of the Lego set tonight...It has some nice surprises.

bonoferox

Yeah it looked really nice. The back showed a lot of neat features, but I just never got into Legos enough to shell out that much for them(plus the lack of room i'll have after May 1st).

I may pick upthe jungle duel set, but they didnt have anything besides the temple.

Agent Z

tnswman said:
I walked into my wal-mart this AM and they HANDED me the AKATOR playset from Lego..It is $79.86

I bought it IMMEDIATLY!! The Indy stuff is starting to show in the registers, So...It will be a VERY short time before they start pushing them to the shelves...I have all my plans in-place... ALL of you better be telling your Department managers that you EXPECT evrything Indy on May 1st ( Unless you get them early ) because if you leave itto the stock people, they will NOT get everything for you.

I will take pics of the Lego set tonight...It has some nice surprises.

Score! Man, I thought $79 was high, but then I realized which set you were referring to....the one going on eBay for $100+ currently. :eek:

I may have to jump into Wally World later today and take a look. :)

Agent Z

bonoferox said:
I may pick up the jungle duel set, but they didnt have anything besides the temple.

Yep, that's the one I'm probably going to cave in and get. I mean, you get Indy, Irina, and....ANTS!!!! :p

Last edited:

bonoferox

I put a few things for sale on ebay, so if they get a decent amount i might have to spulrge. But right now, the action figures have to take prioirty.

tnswman

well,

The stores will be stocking the Indy stuff as it gets released into the system. I plan on getting ONE of EVERYTHING and 2 of EACH figure...Probably more of the troop builders. I'm going for EVERY toy product being made. That's just my sickness though LOL!

You get a BUNCH of figures with Akator..Including Indy, Mutt, Irina, Soldiers, 3 "akator Skeletons", Conqistadors and two Ugah warriors.

tnswman

bonoferox said:
One day, tnswman, I will make a day trip to Tennessee to see your collection in person :)

Wait till after May 1st LOL!! My new shelves are a little Bare.. Although THANKFULLY, I do have what new Items I got early LOL!

My goal until May 1st is to get at least ONE new Indy item a week If I end up getting everything early then SWELL!! At least this week started off good.

I was able to hold the New Indy figures from The Crystal Skull They tried EVERYTHING to get them to come up in the register, just for those two figures and they would not yet :(

The Super Articulated Indy is AMAZING :)