Looks like it is official

Abner Lives

Rockin' the Hello Kitty Bag!

ChromiumBlue37 said:
What guy? Who? The guy from the link? Mr. Chester Cheetah? Is he a spokesman, Q & A rep or the Hasbro CEO, Mr. Brian Goldner? At this point, he's nobody.

Until Hasbro says officially otherwise, I consider this to be a rumor.

Fantastic point. The rumor might be true, might not.

tnswman said:
Before you reference my sources and make fun, ...

Whoa, don't get your fedora in a bunch. Firstly, I was referencing the source the "official" quote originally came from, not you. Please see chromium's quote above. I had no idea your cousin actually knew a guy who dated a chick who works at Hasbro. My deepest apologies to your cousin, the guy, and the chick.

tnswman said:
...you might want to know who you are talking to.

Seriously dude, unless you're Chuck Norris nobody should ever type that sentence. Its the hieght of douchebaggery.

tnswman said:
I am the one who had these figures MONTHS before anyone else in america.

I feel ya. I had the blue variant Hello Kitty backpack with the pink tassels before anyone else in Hoboken, NJ. My mother cried when she heard the news.

tnswman said:
The Hasbro people that CAME TO ME were never afraid to be open that the line was dying. Then, things said made me think that the line was NEVER meant to be long term. .

Which is it, you had the inside track or they duped you?:confused:

Look, I have no doubt you're one of the big cheezes on the board. We can all pull out our bullwhips and measure them, but what's the point? In short, you were'nt the target.... but.... you do kinda fit the bill. You might want to realize that lately (at the very least) you have displayed a repeated propensity to offer obtuse observations that lack detail. I've also seen questions for clarification by other posters that have gone unanswered by you. It could be taken that your "protecting your sources" (even though you claim that they were unafraid to be open) or it could be taken that your making fairly obvious observations that anyone who has a Walmart card and reads the Hasbro Q&As could see. Your vaugeness opens you up, rightly or wrongly, to differing interpretations.

Again, my apologies if my sense of humor isn't as finely honed as your sense of self importance. Hey, if you've got an inside track then that's pretty dang cool. Just remember there's only one Chuck Norris.

P.S. I kitbashed my super cool Hello Kitty backpack and an old belt to make a makeshift gasmask bag just like Indy. Strangely, I'm still not as cool looking as Harrison Ford.:hat:

inky_skin

tnswman said:
These ROTLA figures are NOT NEW..the were made as a whole group of ROTLA figures and the suits chose the current figures for our wave 1. This second wave was NOT produced outside of Prototypes.

Elements of the second Raiders wave did reach limited production, as can be seen from the use of the Toht body for the SDCC Cobra Commander. Therefore, tooling and mould costs have already been realised for this figure (75% - just needs a new head). Couldn't we at least get Toht by some means (HTS) ?

Spalkomania

Hasbro have been in this business for a long time. I find it hard to believe that they can't think of some way to get these 5 figures out some way or another. :confused:

tnswman

Vance said:
There hasn't been a formal announcement yet, but it looks grim at this point. (Wal*Mart is refusing to take any more Indiana Jones stock, for instance)

Unfortunate but true!! that's why about 3 weeks ago, I told people that they had better order the TOD figures from whatever Pre-order site they can get to. They are NOT going to be easy to find.

tnswman

inky_skin said:
Elements of the second Raiders wave did reach limited production, as can be seen from the use of the Toht body for the SDCC Cobra Commander. Therefore, tooling and mould costs have already been realised for this figure (75% - just needs a new head). Couldn't we at least get Toht by some means (HTS) ?

CC was a By product of a standard body that Hasbro liked.

tnswman

Abner Lives said:
Fantastic point. The rumor might be true, might not.

Whoa, don't get your fedora in a bunch. Firstly, I was referencing the source the "official" quote originally came from, not you. Please see chromium's quote above. I had no idea your cousin actually knew a guy who dated a chick who works at Hasbro. My deepest apologies to your cousin, the guy, and the chick.

Seriously dude, unless you're Chuck Norris nobody should ever type that sentence. Its the hieght of douchebaggery.

I feel ya. I had the blue variant Hello Kitty backpack with the pink tassels before anyone else in Hoboken, NJ. My mother cried when she heard the news.

Which is it, you had the inside track or they duped you?:confused:

Look, I have no doubt you're one of the big cheezes on the board. We can all pull out our bullwhips and measure them, but what's the point? In short, you were'nt the target.... but.... you do kinda fit the bill. You might want to realize that lately (at the very least) you have displayed a repeated propensity to offer obtuse observations that lack detail. I've also seen questions for clarification by other posters that have gone unanswered by you. It could be taken that your "protecting your sources" (even though you claim that they were unafraid to be open) or it could be taken that your making fairly obvious observations that anyone who has a Walmart card and reads the Hasbro Q&As could see. Your vaugeness opens you up, rightly or wrongly, to differing interpretations.

Again, my apologies if my sense of humor isn't as finely honed as your sense of self importance. Hey, if you've got an inside track then that's pretty dang cool. Just remember there's only one Chuck Norris.

I don't need to lower myself to Chuck Norris's standard...It is also not my fault if you can NOT read or COMPREHEND the VERY direct answers I have been giving you and OTHERS here...I was right up front with people about what was happening...Is it my fault that people did not want to believe it?

I have seen the utmost ignorance involving this line and the team that was supposed to follow through. They didn't...They had lie after lie all hidden in riddles and high hopes. They did what they could to build anticipation for this line to sell through it's six month window.

Before you pretend to know it all, at least listen to those of us that actually know more than you!

tnswman

Spalkomania said:
Hasbro have been in this business for a long time. I find it hard to believe that they can't think of some way to get these 5 figures out some way or another. :confused:

Once again, you are missing the point of the contract that Lucas offered Hasbro. This contract grants extensions if Hasbro passes on it for 2009 now, They won't pay the same money again for the Indy line.

Had the team actually tried, they could have pushed these figures into 2008. However, instead.....we will hardly be able to find the TOD figures whose production ( as I'm told ) will be that of an exclusive level toy run.

indyt

I know Hasbro is different from LEGO. I actually have been buying some legos recently. Are they selling well? Are they expected to continue? I have actually seen the lego tank from LC for next year. I hope these come out. Any help?

phantom train

This is unfortunate news, if true (and it probably is). The pictures of the
2nd wave of ROTLA figures looked great, and it's too bad we may never get them.

Though this is obviously too late, the big H. could have handled this line much better if they had just done the following:

- Treated these figures as a line purely for collectors, and shipped limited #'s
- Once they shipped the initial KOTCS/ROTLA figures, start shipping full cases of just LC figures.

- Or, as others have mentioned on other threads, they could have "tested the waters" by shipping the figures in limited #'s to stores in Spring 2007 (approximately a year before the release of KOTCS), and continued shipping figures from ROTLA, TOD, and LC up until the release of KOTCS. This would have built up excitement for the film.

This all being said, I remember May 1st of this year (a day that will go down in infamy among IJ figure collectors) as the day I went all over town looking for the IJ figures and found very little. It seems the initial shipments sold out almost everywhere - of course, they became very easy to find later, but, on May 1st, who ever thought this line would end up in danger of cancellation 4 months later? Amazing.

Vance

indyt said:
I know Hasbro is different from LEGO. I actually have been buying some legos recently. Are they selling well? Are they expected to continue? I have actually seen the lego tank from LC for next year. I hope these come out. Any help?

Lego is actually doing very well for Indiana Jones. One big reason for this is that they weren't as "Kingdom" heavy as the action figure line was. You had a lot more attention to the classic line (particularly Raiders) than the action figures required.

Vance

Spalkomania said:

If it was just Hasbro, I imagine that they would - at least cull it down to how the GI Joe line is doing as primarily a 'collector's' line. But, unfortunately, they have that pesky Lucas license to deal with, which costs a metric-ton of cash, which makes a 'collector's only' action figure line pretty much impossible right now.

indyt

Forgive me if this in is a past forum. But is the "Peril in Peru" set out, or was in an exclusive somewhere? Thanks lego fans!

Vance

indyt said:
Forgive me if this in is a past forum. But is the "Peril in Peru" set out, or was in an exclusive somewhere? Thanks lego fans!

It's been out, and was a Toys R Us exclusive.

tnswman

Vance said:
If it was just Hasbro, I imagine that they would - at least cull it down to how the GI Joe line is doing as primarily a 'collector's' line. But, unfortunately, they have that pesky Lucas license to deal with, which costs a metric-ton of cash, which makes a 'collector's only' action figure line pretty much impossible right now.

Exactly! This is the #1 thing that is hurting this line. You can tell that Hasbro has stopped trying already as they are not shipping elsa, Grail Knight, and Vogel now They are loading up the 3 Jones boys and all of their variants and what troop builders are out there that relate to the playset and vehicles.

I hate to think of how people will react when the TOD wave is hardly found.

UIMJ

ChromiumBlue37 said:
I am not talking about a defunct toy company or cantina tables here. Nor am I referencing "leaked" insider information and preliinary, unreleased pictures that were smuggled out of Hasbro's offices. I am talking about a wave of action figures that they know collectors want and presented to retailers and collectors both at Comic Con San Diego 2 months ago.

Hasbro knows exactly how enthusiastic the fan base is for this line.

Just as a point of conversation, Toy Biz showed images of an Iron Man box set as well as a Crimson Dynamo figure as part of their solicits a couple years before Hasbro bought them out. Those figures were pulled from the lines though after prototypes were made because Toy Biz decided they didn't want those figs in that wave. This also happened in the 90's with Wave 5 of the Iron Man Animated line (and now those protos are worth thousands).

I'm only making the point that it's possible that just because a line has been solicited and prototypes have been made, doesn't mean that they'll make it to retail. Of course, I hope this line survives......

tnswman

UIMJ said:
Just as a point of conversation, Toy Biz showed images of an Iron Man box set as well as a Crimson Dynamo figure as part of their solicits a couple years before Hasbro bought them out. Those figures were pulled from the lines though after prototypes were made because Toy Biz decided they didn't want those figs in that wave. This also happened in the 90's with Wave 5 of the Iron Man Animated line (and now those protos are worth thousands).

I'm only making the point that it's possible that just because a line has been solicited and prototypes have been made, doesn't mean that they'll make it to retail. Of course, I hope this line survives......

It actually happens a LOT at hasbro..The Marvel Legends Wal-Mart wave and further waves were scrapped about 1 month prior to the "shelf date" It was a very big wave and it hurt the Marvel Legends line...Then we had Gi Joe, The many lost Star Wars figures. It just happens. They HAD to announce something at SDCC as the new was not 100% sure then and even though it was unofficially dead, SDCC was NOT the place to come out and say "NO MORE INDY" They had to get out of that live crowd alive and they did what they had to do.

NEVER trust street dates and figure line-ups. Heck, some people couldn't find the Indy figures for a week after the street release.

KOTCS

tnswman said:
It actually happens a LOT at hasbro..The Marvel Legends Wal-Mart wave and further waves were scrapped about 1 month prior to the "shelf date" It was a very big wave and it hurt the Marvel Legends line...Then we had Gi Joe, The many lost Star Wars figures. It just happens. They HAD to announce something at SDCC as the new was not 100% sure then and even though it was unofficially dead, SDCC was NOT the place to come out and say "NO MORE INDY" They had to get out of that live crowd alive and they did what they had to do.

NEVER trust street dates and figure line-ups. Heck, some people couldn't find the Indy figures for a week after the street release.

I was at that panel at SDCC waiting for the new Indy figs to be shown. They threw that one slide in at the very end of the panel and ran out of there. I guess the writing was on the wall . . . Anyway, I'm glad I preordered the TOD wave a long time ago and I am at least happy with the figures that we got. I would have liked to have owned that Well of Souls Marion. She looks cool.

ChromiumBlue37

Well, I am still looking forward to that Fourth Wave until Hasbro says otherwise. I will continue to collect Indy toys as long as they are hanging on the pegs.

Last edited: