YIJC: The most quotable Indy movi- er, something. What's your favorite?

metalinvader

Sheikh Kamal: I see that you are most intelligent. For a woman.
Edith Wharton: Thank you sir. I see that you are most courteous. For a man.

Ouch!:p :whip:

Stoo

From "Trenches of Hell":

Major: I'm not wasting a French Lieutenant on a bunch of Belgians!

and...

Giscard: Think it's for stealing the Captain's cheese?
Moreau: No.
Giscard: Stealing the Major's wine?
Moreau: No.
Giscard: Trying to steal the Colonel's daughter?
Moreau: Maybe.

Stoo

From "British East Africa, September 1909"/"Passion for Life"

Ms. Helen Seymour: I fear Mr. Medlicot's boisterous nature is a bad influence on you, Henry.
Medlicot: Don't worry, Miss Seymour. I'll calm him down.
(Yeah, right...You're Eddie Tenpole!)

----
Heller: The next time you go into a museum and stare at a lion, you can think of me and my blood-stained hands.:dead:

AnnieJones

From the deleted "Congo" bookend.

Man in hospital:I'm sorry I ever met you.
Indiana Jones:I have that effect on people.(y)

AnnieJones

Another favorite quote,or much rather conversation,is from Mexico 1916(I think was March 1916).

Mexican man:It is always the same.In a revolution,it is the people who suffer.
Indy:But it's you we're fighting for.General Villa says...
Mexican man:General Villa??Listen,years ago I rode with Juarez against Emperor Maximilian.I lost many chickens but I thought it was worth it to be free.When Porfirio became President,I supported him - but he stole my chickens.Then came Huerta and he stole my chickens.Then it was Carranza's term,and he took my chickens too.Now Pancho Villa has come to liberate me and the first thing he does is steal my chickens.
Indy:But an army needs food.He wants to help you.
Mexican man:Help me...help me?So does Carranza and all the others.What makes one different from the other?My chickens don't know.All over the world revolutions come and go.Presidents rise and fall.They all steal your chickens.The only thing to change is the name of the man who takes them.

Demitasse

From Espionage Escapades:

Delphina hands Nadia's note to Col. Schmidt to a random couple in the theatre.

Delphina: An urgent message for you sir.
Woman: (Reading) "They are trying to make the count of Toledo believe that you are making love to the countess"!
Man: How wonderful! Do you think he'll be convinced!!?

Stoo

From "British East Africa/Passion for Life":

Indy & Roosevelt are sitting on the ground, filmed through a sheet of grass softly blowing in the breeze, while watching a trek of giraffes. Roosevelt removes his helmet in what appears to be a gesture of supreme respect for the nature that he is witnessing...

Teddy Roosevelt: This...is the stillness...of the eternal beginning. The world...as it has always been.

It's such a brief scene but, man, is it ever powerful!(y)

Outofmyhouse

I've been on a YIJC binge lately, so I felt like I should post here, if that's not against the rules?

I've mostly watched the Corey Carrier episodes, travels with father had some great lines. The bit with Indy and Henry Sr. in that ancient theater had some good parts, Henry Sr. pretending to be dead and Indy rushing to his side springs to mind.

"You know how you said we should let nature consume us? Well, nature is consuming our clothes!" Cue them running naked out of the water :rolleyes: :D

"Father, I'm pretty sure goats do not speak Ancient Greek!"

On a more dramatic note, the China episode. For some reason, Anna's line "My son is going to die. I want to be with him." gives me chills. Dramatic irony, perhaps?

Outofmyhouse

Attila the Professor said:
Not against the rules at all, post away.

Thanks! I was just checking because I know a forum I used to go on a lot had very strict rules about posting in old threads, lol.

Indyfan82

For whatever reason, this scene that I remember sticking with me from the original airing still comes to mind from The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles- in the "Oganga, the Giver and Taker of Life" episode-

When Indy takes control of the troops and tells the commander with gun in hand, "You're being irrational!"

:) :whip:

michael

Scandal of 1920

Mack: You ever work in the theater before?

Indy: Yeah once, in Barcelona.

Mack: Barcelona?

Indy: Spain. With Diaghilev's Russian Ballet.

Mack: Diaghilev? You putting me on?

BlueCoronado

Mystery of the blue

Elliot: but I done spilled my mustard and ham and cheese. .

Earnest: where'd you find this cracker?

michael

London, 1916

Sylvia Pankhurst: "Mr. Jones, you have struck a better blow for freedom than if you had spent a whole year in the trenches"

michael

Indy: But when you paint a wild horse, what does it look like?

Picasso: You might not see the horse.....but you will certainly see the wildness.

Not only the quote but how he says it. Actor who played Picasso was just great. Most definitely my favorite Corey Carrier episode.