Weekly Introduction Adventure

Spurlock

Well if you didn't know, one of my main passions is to write. I have pages upon pages of plot outlines and what not. My focus here is to recreate those introductory conflicts Indiana Jones has before the true adventure begins.

These are merely for fun, and I'm going to try and produce one weekly, mostly on Fridays, if I can. My reason for doing this is purely to entertain and stretch out my cerebral muscles. I have a whole series of adventure stories very similar to Indiana Jones, and these scenes will mostly be ones that can't quite fit or be used, or pay too much homage to Indiana Jones, as I do tend to avoid Nazis in my stories.

So sit back and have fun reading.

Spurlock

11.8.13 || Tension In The Alps

To the noise of the wind howling; Paramount logo fades to a snow covered rooftop. Camera moves down to see three men dragging a fourth through deep snow, heavy snowfall, and gusts of wind. It’s nighttime.

Credits rolls as the men struggle to move the body through the snow.

Blood stains are shown in the snow. Finally a larger cabin, a bar, lit from the inside is revealed, and the men reach the entrance. The door opens quickly and the man is thrown into the cabin. You see one of the men place a gun and a whip on a back table, locking the door behind them. Tables are found throughout the room, with dirty glasses still around. A fifth man, superior to the others, comes into view, telling the others to pick the man on the floor up. The men try, but the man stands up on his own. This is, of course, revealed to be Indiana Jones.

He breathes heavily, his breath visible in the cold. One of the other men takes a bag and hands it to the leader. Indiana says he doesn’t know what they think they are doing, he was rightfully in Switzerland, and they have no right to kidnap him. The leader removes the object from the bag, which is a Carthaginian head piece, entirely made of gold. The man smiles, and Indiana repeats himself, stating that he was clearly within the border of Switzerland, and any movements from the German border would be a declaration of war. The leader turns his head and smiles, speaking in a thick German accent, says he must be mistaken. He walks over the windows on the cabin and points to a specific mountain in the distance, telling Indiana that this marks the border between Germany and Switzerland, asking Indiana if he was not found on the eastern face of this mountain.

Indiana confirms this, and the man jumps to the conclusion that Indiana was in fact trespassing on German soil. Indiana says that’s not true, that the road signs indicated otherwise. The man laughs again, saying they did indeed, saying it must’ve been the wind which pushed the signs then, looking at his three henchmen. Indiana realizes he was tricked into entering German territory. The leader compliments Indiana, saying most people, when searching for Hannibal's lost crown end up in Italy. Indiana sorely replies that instead, he wound up in Germany. The man grins and agrees, stating that there’s only one more issue at hand, and that’s what to do with the famous archaeologist, Professor Indiana Jones, once he’s served his purpose.

Indiana whispers under his breath that he thinks he has an idea and kicks the chair out from under the man sitting nearest to him, makes a leap for his whip, disarming the leader, and uses his gun to shoot one of the henchmen. Another henchmen hurls himself at Indiana, throwing the two of them on top of a table. Indiana pours the remainder of a drink into the mans eyes and he rolls off. Indiana looks to the leader aiming his gun. Indiana rolls to one side of the table, causing it to fall over and block some bullets.

Indiana looks at the exit, understanding that he can easily escape, then looks over to see his prize, the crown of Hannibal, sitting on the counter. He argues in his head and finally decides to go after the crown. He looks up and shoots the lights hanging above the bar. Next he jumps up in the dark, uses his whip to wrap around a support beam near the ceiling, stands on top of the table and swings across the room, hitting the leader along the way, but finds himself cornered with the crown as everyone surrounds him. Next you hear a loud thud on the entrance and all four men turn to look.

You hear a faint voice outside cursing at themselves. Next someone comes crashing through the door; the sidekick (lets call him Durin), releasing some more light into the room. Durin looks up, realizing what he’s gotten himself into, and mutters ‘uh oh’ under his breath. As the three men watch in astonishment, Indiana makes his move, smashing the leader in the face, shoots another man in the foot, and tosses Durin the crown.

One man goes for Durin, the other for Indiana. The two men are surprisingly better than Durin and Indiana, leaving Durin and Indiana on the floor for a few seconds, and Durin gives Indiana his fedora. Finally Indiana throws a table onto the two men and their leader stands back up. Indiana and Durin race out of the cabin, and Indiana comes to find a WWII era snowmobile. Indiana smiles, telling Durin he never disappoints. They get inside and begin back toward Switzerland when the leader stumbles out of the cabin and takes a couple shots at the snowmobile before they get going.

Next the leader turns back to the cabin and shouts something, next two men come out, and a third one limbs out. They reveal another snowmobile in the shadows and begin chasing the two down the slope. Shots are fired as Durin struggles to steer and Indiana tries to keep a steady aim. The other snowmobile has a side gun mounted on it, leaving holes or massive dents along the side of the snowmobile. Finally Durin’s view clears right as they crash into a rock and the snowmobile is thrown into the air.

Durin and Indiana climb out into the heavy wind and snow, covered in snow, to the sight of lots of soldiers aiming their guns at him. Durin smiles as you see the other snowmobile come to a halt and the leader takes a step out. Indiana doesn’t understand until the leader of the soldiers salutes his, showing he’s part of the Swiss Guard. Indiana looks up to the mountain that marks the border between Germany and Switzerland, showing they are across the border. Indiana smiles as he takes a step forward toward the Swiss army, leaving the Germans in failure.

Hope you enjoyed it.

mountain_pass_by_jjpeabody-d5y36sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kongisking

If you can turn that HUGE block of text into perhaps a few paragraphs or something, I'd have a much easier time reading it. :hat:

The Drifter

Spurlock said:
Damn, I had it all nice on Google Docs.

And for some reason it's not letting me edit the post?

Yeah, the ability to edit disappears about 20 minutes after you click submit.

Spurlock

Well then I guess it's stuck in forever-a-block. That's a strange little thing though, don't know why you'd have an edit time limit, but oh well. Sorry for the inconvenience, next week though...

Thoughts on it if you actually endured all the way through?

Finn

Staff member
#1 Don't know where you wanted dem breaks, but hope that'll suffice.

#2 You need to proofread your stuff before you post it. Noticed some obvious typos (I fixed some of the more glaring ones as I went), and there was an instance where you wrote "Mutt" instead of "Durin".

#3 Moved to a more befitting table.

Spurlock

Finn said:
#1 Don't know where you wanted dem breaks, but hope that'll suffice.

#2 You need to proofread your stuff before you post it. Noticed some obvious typos (I fixed some of the more glaring ones as I went), and there was an instance where you wrote "Mutt" instead of "Durin".

#3 Moved to a more befitting table.
Thanks, well appreciated.

Yeah, I'm not used to sharing anything I write with anyone, so I never really proofread, I'll get on that.

Sorry about that Mutt mistake, :eek: , I wanted it to be Mutt until I realized the time frame was off.

WilliamBoyd8

Interesting story!

I put in some breaks after periods.

To the noise of the wind howling; Paramount logo fades to a snow covered rooftop.

Camera moves down to see three men dragging a fourth through deep snow, heavy
snowfall, and gusts of wind. It?s nighttime.

Credits rolls as the men struggle to move the body through the snow.

Blood stains are shown in the snow.

Finally a larger cabin, a bar, lit from the inside is revealed, and the men
reach the entrance. The door opens quickly and the man is thrown into the
cabin. You see one of the men place a gun and a whip on a back table, locking
the door behind them. Tables are found throughout the room, with dirty glasses
still around. A fifth man, superior to the others, comes into view, telling the
others to pick the man on the floor up. The men try, but the man stands up on
his own. This is, of course, revealed to be Indiana Jones.

He breathes heavily, his breath visible in the cold.

One of the other men takes a bag and hands it to the leader. Indiana says he
doesn?t know what they think they are doing, he was rightfully in Switzerland,
and they have no right to kidnap him. The leader removes the object from the
bag, which is a Carthaginian head piece, entirely made of gold. The man smiles,
and Indiana repeats himself, stating that he was clearly within the border of
Switzerland, and any movements from the German border would be a declaration of
war. The leader turns his head and smiles, speaking in a thick German accent,
says he must be mistaken. He walks over the windows on the cabin and points to
a specific mountain in the distance, telling Indiana that this marks the border
between Germany and Switzerland, asking Indiana if he was not found on the
eastern face of this mountain.

Indiana confirms this, and the man jumps to the conclusion that Indiana was in
fact trespassing on German soil.

Indiana says that?s not true, that the road signs indicated otherwise. The man
laughs again, saying they did indeed, saying it must?ve been the wind which
pushed the signs then, looking at his three henchmen. Indiana realizes he was
tricked into entering German territory. The leader compliments Indiana, saying
most people, when searching for Hannibal's lost crown end up in Italy. Indiana
sorely replies that instead, he wound up in Germany. The man grins and agrees,
stating that there?s only one more issue at hand, and that?s what to do with
the famous archaeologist, Professor Indiana Jones, once he?s served his
purpose.

Indiana whispers under his breath that he thinks he has an idea and kicks the
chair out from under the man sitting nearest to him, makes a leap for his whip,
disarming the leader, and uses his gun to shoot one of the henchmen.

Another henchmen hurls himself at Indiana, throwing the two of them on top of a
table. Indiana pours the remainder of a drink into the mans eyes and he rolls
off. Indiana looks to the leader aiming his gun. Indiana rolls to one side of
the table, causing it to fall over and block some bullets.

Indiana looks at the exit, understanding that he can easily escape, then looks
over to see his prize, the crown of Hannibal, sitting on the counter.

He argues in his head and finally decides to go after the crown. He looks up
and shoots the lights hanging above the bar. Next he jumps up in the dark, uses
his whip to wrap around a support beam near the ceiling, stands on top of the
table and swings across the room, hitting the leader along the way, but finds
himself cornered with the crown as everyone surrounds him. Next you hear a loud
thud on the entrance and all four men turn to look.

You hear a faint voice outside cursing at themselves.

Next someone comes crashing through the door; the sidekick (lets call him
Durin), releasing some more light into the room. Durin looks up, realizing what
he?s gotten himself into, and mutters ?uh oh? under his breath. As the three
men watch in astonishment, Indiana makes his move, smashing the leader in the
face, shoots another man in the foot, and tosses Durin the crown.

One man goes for Durin, the other for Indiana.

The two men are surprisingly better than Durin and Indiana, leaving Durin and
Indiana on the floor for a few seconds, and Durin gives Indiana his fedora.
Finally Indiana throws a table onto the two men and their leader stands back
up. Indiana and Durin race out of the cabin, and Indiana comes to find a WWII
era snowmobile. Indiana smiles, telling Durin he never disappoints. They get
inside and begin back toward Switzerland when the leader stumbles out of the
cabin and takes a couple shots at the snowmobile before they get going.

Next the leader turns back to the cabin and shouts something, next two men come
out, and a third one limbs out.

They reveal another snowmobile in the shadows and begin chasing the two down
the slope. Shots are fired as Durin struggles to steer and Indiana tries to
keep a steady aim. The other snowmobile has a side gun mounted on it, leaving
holes or massive dents along the side of the snowmobile. Finally Durin?s view
clears right as they crash into a rock and the snowmobile is thrown into the
air.

Durin and Indiana climb out into the heavy wind and snow, covered in snow, to
the sight of lots of soldiers aiming their guns at him.

Durin smiles as you see the other snowmobile come to a halt and the leader
takes a step out. Indiana doesn?t understand until the leader of the soldiers
salutes his, showing he?s part of the Swiss Guard. Indiana looks up to the
mountain that marks the border between Germany and Switzerland, showing they
are across the border. Indiana smiles as he takes a step forward toward the
Swiss army, leaving the Germans in failure.

Hope you enjoyed it.

:)

Spurlock

Thanks man, glad you liked it :) and thanks for another, more spaced out version :D. I'll make sure to do it next time.

Stoo

Spurlock said:
Thoughts on it if you actually endured all the way through?
Personally, I like the idea because it has Indy in the snow (AND in Switzerland)! However, some of your factual details required a bit more research...

1) Location & Geography: None of the Swiss Alps cross the German border and this is the most glaring issue. Since your tale SEEMS to take place during World War 2, if it were the Swiss-Austrian border or the Swiss-Vichy French border or the Swiss-Italian border...your story would be fine.

2) Swiss Guard: They are the men who protect the Vatican in Rome and have never been part of the Swiss military (even though they are recruited from there). The Swiss Guard would not be patrolling the Alps.

3) Snowmobiles: Without getting too much into their history, there weren't any "WW2-era" snowmobiles that could perform as you describe. They couldn't travel in "deep snow" nor up/down a mountain "slope". Designs at that time were North American* and could only travel on flat terrain. The Alps are much too steep! Early versions of "snowmobiles" moved very slowly so it wouldn't be a very exciting chase with any of those experimental machines.

Were you inspired by the propeller-driven aerosled/aerosani vehicles in this thread: Idea for a snow bound Indy 5?

*That said, an Alp-worthy snowmobile idea could be some German prototype much like the Flying Wing in "Raiders"!;) (By the way, Quebec in Canada is the MASTER of the modern snowmobile because it was PERFECTED by Bombardier, c.1960 just outside of Montreal.):whip:

PLUS, when does your story take place?:confused: Every Indiana Jones movie gives dates. If you continue with your "Introduction Adventures", it would be nice to get some specific timeframe.

Keep in mind, Spurlock, that these are friendly notes and not criticism.:cool:

Spurlock

Stoo said:
Personally, I like the idea because it has Indy in the snow (AND in Switzerland)! However, some of your factual details required a bit more research...

1) Location & Geography: None of the Swiss Alps cross the German border and this is the most glaring issue. Since your tale SEEMS to take place during World War 2, if it were the Swiss-Austrian border or the Swiss-Vichy French border or the Swiss-Italian border...your story would be fine.

2) Swiss Guard: They are the men who protect the Vatican in Rome and have never been part of the Swiss military (even though they are recruited from there). The Swiss Guard would not be patrolling the Alps.

3) Snowmobiles: Without getting too much into their history, there weren't any "WW2-era" snowmobiles that could perform as you describe. They couldn't travel in "deep snow" nor up/down a mountain "slope". Designs at that time were North American* and could only travel on flat terrain. The Alps are much too steep! Early versions of "snowmobiles" moved very slowly so it wouldn't be a very exciting chase with any of those experimental machines.

Were you inspired by the propeller-driven aerosled/aerosani vehicles in this thread: Idea for a snow bound Indy 5?

*That said, an Alp-worthy snowmobile idea could be some German prototype much like the Flying Wing in "Raiders"!;) (By the way, Quebec in Canada is the MASTER of the modern snowmobile because it was PERFECTED by Bombardier, c.1960 just outside of Montreal.):whip:

PLUS, when does your story take place?:confused: Every Indiana Jones movie gives dates. If you continue with your "Introduction Adventures", it would be nice to get some specific timeframe.

Keep in mind, Spurlock, that these are friendly notes and not criticism.:cool:

Thanks for the criticism Stoo. :)

In my Atlas, Germany, Austria, and France all border Switzerland, which would all be considered German in the WWII setting, especially with German troops stationed right at the border, for look out or for "special interests". I thought the Nazis would consider any of that theirs. Maybe rephrase parts of it, but if it needed to be set in stone that way, they do (at least today) share a border.

My honest mistake. Though you never really know where this adventure came through, so it could be ;) You'd never expect the British military to pop out to save the day in India unless to saw the whole movie ;)

And yes, I saw those snowmobile/sleds and thought they'd serve as a perfect escape vehicle in the snow. Guess I should've read up on the capabilities, or I could bull**** it and say they were a secret nazi technology :whip:

Well given my lack of precise knowledge on the events of WWII, it'd be tough to pick a specific year. But yes, sometime during WWII. Sorry, I get to learn WWII later this year.

But I'll be sure to be more careful my next time around, with a date and all. And just a small little fact, if i were to write this into a full movie, the leader would get named and would come back with a deep resentment for Jones.

Last edited:

Stoo

Spurlock said:
In my Atlas, Germany, Austria, and France all border Switzerland, which would all be considered German in the WWII setting, especially with German troops stationed right at the border, for look out or for "special interests". I thought the Nazis would consider any of that theirs. Maybe rephrase parts of it, but if it needed to be set in stone that way, they do (at least today) share a border.

My honest mistake. Though you never really know where this adventure came through, so it could be ;)
To clarify, Switzerland and Germany do indeed touch each other but there is no MOUNTAIN in the Alps that crosses the German line (even during WW2). The closest one is a pimple compared to the one in your story and it doesn't cross the border. The boundaries of this neutral, anal-retentive country hasn't changed in hundreds of years.

Believe me because I live in The Switz.
Spurlock said:
You'd never expect the British military to pop out to save the day in India unless to saw the whole movie ;)
Sorry, man, but you are wrong here because I would DEFINITELY expect the British to save the day in India (pre-1947). They ruled! :gun: Who would save the day, otherwise? Some goofball with a whip and a fedora?:whip:

If you ever decide to post a story concerning the British Raj in India, be very careful about the history because I will DEFINITELY scrutinize it (and might rip it to shreds) if it's not accurate.:p

---
Aside from that...I'm looking forward to your next story!:hat:

Spurlock

Thanks, and the next one is coming along swimmingly, it'll probably be ready by tonight, though I'll keep Friday as the posting day :gun: hopefully with less inaccuracies and mistakes :p

This one is sorta a mix of the first three introduction adventures, and is pretty fun in my opinion ^.^

Last edited:

Spurlock

Week 2: 11.15.13 Geeks and Freaking Bandits

I hope it's not as bad as last time. I tried to mix all four intros together and got this somehow, lots of homages. It's also a lot longer (got that from the KOTCS intro).

To the noise of a man lecturing students, the Paramount logo fades into a tent pitched beside a truck in the Sonoran Desert, 1960. You see a group of 6 or 7 college students gathered around a professor, Indiana Jones, giving a speech.

Credits roll as Indiana educates the class on the finer points of on-site archaeological digs. He discusses a type of Native American house that are easily buried and provide valuable insights into the lives of the people that once lived there. At some point through the speech, a student, David Torrou, comments how they could also provide valuable prizes. Indiana gives the student a stern look. You see one of his female students, Caroline Malinski, admire the professor.

Last credit shows as Indiana sums up what he?s told them, saying if all factors are accounted for, an entrance should be uncovered and he unveils a previously covered entrance. Indiana finally looks up to see a hand raised in the middle and calls on the hand. You hear another voice that?s recognizable, the voice of Mutt Williams. Mutt asks what if you do everything right and still don?t find an entrance. Mutt still holds onto his bad-boy appearance, with a leather jacket and greaser styled hair, but wears glasses and a checkered, collared shirt underneath the jacket. Indiana smiles and tells him in his experience, a door will always turn up, just takes determination. Mutt nods his head, and Indiana asks if there are anymore before they enter the site.

Indiana begins funneling people into the small entrance, with the last student telling Indiana he?d rather stay outside, clearly showing he?s scared. Indiana tells him it's vital to the lesson, but if he insists, he can be the lookout. The student, Peter, asks what he?ll be looking out for, for which Indiana smiles and laughs, saying bandits of course. Indiana places his fedora on his head and walks toward the entrance, telling Peter that there aren?t any more sites in the safe areas. Peter is left nervous holding his binoculars. You see a golden cross dangling on his chest. Peter can be that nerdy kid in KOTCS in the library that asks Indiana a question.

Next you see Indiana?s silhouette as he climbs into the cavernous underground structure. He has a student hand him a flashlight. Indiana barges through the students as Mutt tries to talk to Caroline. Indiana tells the students that this is a very large home, maybe even that of a leader and he travels into the next room. This room has several streaks of light penetrating from small openings. Indiana continues talking, observing the walls when you hear the classic rattling of a rattlesnake.

Indiana immediately stops what he?s doing and turns around in fear. He spots the snake on the ground near him and backs against the wall. Several of the students laugh. Indiana takes offense and tells them to be his hero. David steps up, laughing at Indiana and goes to pick up the snake when it turns around and launches itself toward David. David falls flat on his ass and backs away. Mutt goes up to him, making a similar comment to David as David make to Indiana.

Mutt clearly looks to make sure Caroline is looking and approaches the snake. He takes off his leather jacket and rolls up his checkered shirt. Mutt talks to David in a condescending manner, explaining how the professor has good right to be scared, noting the deadliness of rattlesnakes, as opposed to scorpions. Mutt kneels down near the snake, holding his jacket in the air as the snake prepares to launch. He once again checks to make sure Caroline is watching and then says you can?t just grab one, you need to trap it, and throws his jacket on top of the snake. He then makes a very speedy maneuver to trap the snake in the jacket and picks it up. He holds it proudly in the air. Indiana calms down in relief and continues to teach, diving into the next room. Mutt throws the jacket onto the floor as they all move to the next room.

Outside, Peter gazes toward the horizon gazes at something, but you see through his binoculars that he sees nothing. As a profile of him gazing into the distance is given, you see moving shapes head toward him in the blurry background.

Back inside, they enter a cavernous room with even more natural light flowing in. Indiana walks around carefully, telling the students to be careful, as the ground is covered now and there?s usually a small trapdoor leading to a cellar for food. Indiana begins explaining how the cellars can sometimes be the most valuable find to gain an insight into the eating habits of the people. Indiana hears some excited voices at the other side of the room and walks over to find several students marvelling toward a silver piece.

David greedily grabs it and Indiana takes it from him, spotting the rapacity in his eyes, and places it into a paper envelope. Next you hear a rumbling behind the group and everyone turns to find a group of 8 or 9 bandits entering the room. Indiana moves in front of his students, as the bandits nonchalantly observe the room. Indiana tells them they are on a college research trip and don?t have anything valuable. The leader of the bandits holds up the cross that was on Peter minutes ago and says he?d like to disagree in a thick Mexican accent. A couple of the man?s thugs begin eyeing the students, specifically Caroline and Mutt moves in front of her. Indiana assures the man there?s nothing of value in this room.

The leader is intrigued and confidently strides over to Indiana. The bandit takes Indiana?s hat off and tries it as his own, but takes it off and places it back onto Indiana?s head, off center. The bandit asks Indiana if he knows how many times he?s heard that. The man begins to dig in one of Indiana?s pockets and retrieves the sealed envelope as you see Indiana stew with hatred and content. He tears it open at the corner and drops the silver piece into his hand. He then shifts it to his fingers and asks Indiana if that looks valuable. He flips the piece to one of his thugs.

Indiana gets his attention again, and when he looks back, he receives a stern hit in the face. Cue action sequence, as David takes the lead and other students begin fighting back. Indiana whips out his whip (see what I did there), and uses it to disarm an aggressive bandit. Mutt gets into a fight with another bandit and the fight travels through part of the room until the bandit pulls out his gun. The bandit takes another step back and falls down into the hidden cellar below. Mutt sees Caroline in trouble and go to try and save her when Indiana wraps his whip around her to pull her away from the violence and tells her to stay put. He pushes her away as the bandit leader comes back into play. He leaves her in awe as Mutt watches, showing that Indiana clearly bested Mutt without trying. The leader takes a shovel from one of the college kids and starts swinging away at Indiana. Indiana backs away into the hallway leading into the previous room. The leader swings the shovel and hits the walls, causing dirt to fall constantly on the two.

They enter the previous room and Indiana is finally thrown to the floor exhausted. He looks over to Mutt?s jacket next to him and grabs it. Indiana shoots into the air and launches the trapped rattlesnake toward the bandit. The bandit flings himself out of the way, dropping the shovel, and landing on the floor. Indiana stands over the man with the shovel, and apologizes, but reasons that the man started this in the first place. Indiana brings the shovel down heavy enough to knock him unconscious.

Next Indiana reluctantly pulls out his pistol, showing his unwillingness to shoot anyone, especially in front of students. He bursts into the room, holding up the shovel in one hand and his gun in the other. He takes a look around to see several students teaming up and capable of escape. He starts escorting his students out, choosing to simply hit them rather than shoot them. He gets them all out of the first room, and they begin a race out as the bandits chase them.

They get ahead of the bandits and finally make out. Indiana looks around and realizes he?s missing something and turns back to pull Mutt out of the entrance as the bandits and their guns come into view to begin shooting. Mutt says he couldn?t have left his jacket behind. Mutt holds his jacket to the sun to show two distinctive holes from the snake?s fangs. Indiana can?t stay angry and says he knows the feeling. Indiana rushes them all into the truck, having David carry an unconscious Peter. Indiana gets in the back with the rest of the students, telling Mutt to drive, and sits Peter in the passenger seat. Indiana puts Peter?s cross back into his pocket. They begin driving off as the bandits burst out and begin mounting their horses.

Indiana points to hills in the distance for Mutt, telling him over the small hills is a town that the bandits wouldn?t dare enter. Mutt aims for it as the bandits catch up to the slow moving truck. A bandit closes into the open back cargo section of the truck with all the students.

Indiana sees the man drawing his pistol and jumps out the truck at the bandit. The bandit almost has enough time to avoid this, but Indiana ends up catching the straps on the horse. Indiana looks up to the bandit who tries to shoot him but Indiana hits the gun out of his hands. Next the bandit tries to kick him off, but Indiana grabs onto the man's foot, being dragged on the ground. Indiana spots a cactus ahead and twists out of the way, only to have the man?s shoe begin to slip off. The shoe comes off and Indiana grabs onto the saddle. His weight shifts the saddle and the bandit falls off, into a cactus.

Spurlock

Geeks and Freaking Bandits con't

Indiana climbs up and spots another bandit pulling up right beside Mutt in the driver?s seat. Indiana charges ahead and begins a three way fight between the bandit, Mutt, and himself. Finally the bandit is thrown off his horse as the truck begins to enter the hills. The truck bounces up and down and Mutt yells and Indiana that he calls these ?small hills?. Indiana falls behind as he sees a bandit climbing into the back of the truck and another one coming. He takes out his whip and wraps it around the second bandit, drawing him off his horse. He turns back to find the other bandit falling out of the back and spots Caroline upfront wielding an instrument made for archaeology. She smiles and Indiana tries to reenter the truck as the remaining bandits, around 3, start slowing down. Next the truck hits a steep decline as Indiana leaps back into the truck. Mutt tries to slow down up doesn?t have enough control. The truck violently hits the ground as the slope levels out and enter a town. The bandits all stay at the top of the hills on the horses, and turn back disappointed, lowering their heads.

Spurlock

Week 3: 11.23.13 Cuban Betrayal Crisis.

Sorry for so many consecutive posts, but I was waiting for someone to comment to break it up and no one did. If no one comments again, I'll take the hint and leave this alone. Anyway, here is week 3's installment

To the noise of old cars running on uneven ground, screen fades into a mountain as part of a sign for a bar, Havana, 1962. Camera moves down to see a man stepping out of a car to enter the bar.

The camera follows the anonymous man into the bar as the credits roll. The bar is a crowded environment, with music, loud talking and plenty of distractions. Finally once the man finds his seat, he takes off his straw hat and the camera faces him to reveal: a cuban man. The camera moves over to show on the other side of the table, sitting there is Indiana Jones. The Cuban man, lets call him Javier, tells Indiana he doesn?t like bars, they are too loud and crowded. Indiana says that?s funny, because that?s exactly why Indiana likes them.

The light from the exit is shown is the distance, covered by moving people. Indiana leans in and asks Javier if he managed to get the piece. Javier sadly looks down as he withdraws something from his jacket. He slides a thick piece of paper and Indiana begins removing something from his own jacket. Indiana takes an object out of Javier?s paper and combines it with his own, to create a single ancient token around 6 inches diameter.

Indiana?s face is shown in amazement through the hole in the middle of the token. You hear the click of a gun and Indiana?s face changes to a horrified expression. He slowly lowers the artifact, telling Javier that they are partners, that they worked together to find both pieces to share.

A conflicted Javier tells Indiana that he?s sorry, but politics got in the way. Indiana angrily looks around, spotting finely dressed Cuban men at the door waiting for Javier. He asks Javier what now, he gets to take both pieces and shoots him surrounded by all these people. Javier shakes his head, looking at the men up front. Javier leans in, telling Indiana that the men outside are waiting to arrest him for being a spy. Javier tells Indiana that it?s only his job to obtain the second piece from him, not to capture him.

Indiana understands that Javier is telling him to try to escape. Indiana stands up, gaining the attention of the men by the front door. He stands up on the table, and yells to the rest of the bar that he?ll give free drinks to whomever catches the men at the door. The whole bar grows quiet as everyone turns to face the front. Then everyone starts charging the front as the men try to break through the crowd to try to catch Indiana escaping out the back.

Indiana weaves between people rushing to the commotion. He turns back to spot all the men entangled in the mess of drunken men trying to catch them. As some of them use their guns to escape the crowd, Indiana breaks through to the back only to find the pathway he took lead to stairs instead of an exit. He looks back to hear Cuban men coming toward him and he races up the stairs.

He makes it to the top of the building, blocking the door so the gunmen won?t be able to get out, and runs to the edge, only to receive a barrage of bullets. He is launched backward. Standing back up, he nears the edge to gain view of what is down below. It?s revealed that all along the circumference there are Cuban soldiers. Indiana hears a thud on the door, signalling the gun men trying to break it down. He desperately looks around.

From the ground, you see Indiana?s whip lash around some cables connecting to an adjacent building. The soldiers on the ground begin focussing on it, calling the men from the other side around to get more attention.

Next you see the door to the roof gets bashed down and they men turn to see the whip lying without anyone there. They turn to see at the other corner of the roof, Indiana swing across to the other side, using a cut cable that was connecting the two buildings.

Indiana breaks through a window and onto the floor of someone?s apartment as the gunmen reach the edge. Indiana is left out of view, and the gunmen run to the other edge of the building to tell the soldiers of Indiana?s escape. Instead, they are met with a volley of bullets and fall off the edge. The soldiers inspect their dead men.

Indiana looks up to see a woman and a baby in fear. Indiana picks himself up, asking for the exit and then leaving the woman in astonishment. He exits the building and looks around, heading off down a narrow street. He jumps in a running car and it begins moving.

Inside the car, you see another Cuban driving with Indiana catching his breath. Indiana tells the man, Hector, to avoid approaching the bar he just came out of. Next the door lock and Indiana turns to Hector shocked. Hector lifts a gun in one hand. Indiana expresses his amazement that he too is a traitor. Hector tells him that in the eyes of his nation, he is a hero.

Indiana quickly reaches for the wheel, twisting it to one side. The car crashes into the side of a building and Hector drops his gun. Hector grabs the wheel and pulls the car away from the wall. Indiana and Hector begin fighting in the car as it swerves vigorously. The car runs down an uneven road with a market up ahead. Indiana attempts to prevent running anyone over while fighting Hector as the car crashes through stands of food. Indiana holds Hector down when Hector spots his fallen gun wedged between the seat and the side of the car. He slowly reaches for it. Indiana catches this and right as Hector grasps the gun, Indiana unlocks and opens the car door, pushing Hector out. Indiana is finally alone and drives off.

Havana_Street_View_by_Photoelektric.jpg

I hope you people enjoy the images I include, they're here to give an idea of the location