Shia says Indy 5 is 'cracked'

Lance Quazar

deckard24 said:
Exactly! That would add a great element of humor to the film if done right, something that was seriously lacking in Skull.

Well, since the romance would never go anywhere, it would be kind of pointless.

And given the softened, sanitized Lucas and Spielberg we're now dealing with, there's no way they'd want to put anything with even a whiff of potential infidelity in there.

I'll bet my hat that they give Mutt a love interest rather than Indy. Maybe a young archaeology grad student? Dunno....

As little faith as I have in Lucas/Spielberg, I will say this. I at least believe them when they have said they would not make a Mutt-centric movie...if only because there's almost no logical way to do that.

Indiana Jones is a unique and interesting character with extraordinary knowledge and skills. He's an "expert in the occult, obtainer of rare artifacts, etc."

Mutt is just...a kid with a motorcycle.

So unless the story is "The Quest for the Lost Carburetor of Fonzarelli", I don't see how they can make a Mutt-driven plot.

I hope...

Robyn

Lance Quazar said:
Which I find terrifically boring, not in the mood to see those characters again.

Totally nothing boring about Marion!!! Indy and Marion are the ultimate team! Can't wait to see them together again(and it better not be a cameo either!) Thankfully I'm pretty sure most of the Indy fan world loves Marion in Indy as much as I do.

Morning Bell

QBComics said:
I don't see why they couldn't have a love interest. It'd be fun to have her push on why Indy tries to keep her at bay. Have something like "Look lady, I'm married"

I was thinking about this today as well. It would be interesting to see Indy trying to balance his family life with his hunger for adventure and exploration. Having another female vying for Indy's affection would be an interesting sub-plot and would allow us to see a side of Indy that we've never really seen before.

Robyn

Morning Bell said:
I was thinking about this today as well. It would be interesting to see Indy trying to balance his family life with his hunger for adventure and exploration. Having another female vying for Indy's affection would be an interesting sub-plot and would allow us to see a side of Indy that we've never really seen before.

If that happens, Marion would kick her a$$

Indy's brother

Anybody know GL, SS, or HR's itinerary? The next time any of these guys show their faces in public, they will be pushed for a comment over this.

Vendetta08

Shia just says that Spielberg has an idea and 'gearing up.' George Lucas has been saying the same thing for half a year. But I honestly don't think the movie is going to get made. But IF it does get made, I hope they do it soon and can make a prequel without Mutt and Marion. But that's very unlikely. Shia is needed to bring in the kiddie audience.

Dewy9

QBComics said:
Well Comic Con is coming up. Could we get and official announcement there?

That would be interesting. They made a lot of news in '07 when they did the satellite feed from the set. They'd certainly steal the show with such an announcement.

Goonie

I wonder if Dan Aykroyd is planning another alcoholic beverage in a MacGuffin-shaped bottle. Whiskey in a Staff anyone? (y) or should I say quadruple-distilled triple-Herkimer diamond-filtered Newfoundland deep-aquifer pure-sour mash Whiskey - only the kind Moses would drink!:rolleyes:

AlivePoet

Indy's brother said:
Anybody know GL, SS, or HR's itinerary? The next time any of these guys show their faces in public, they will be pushed for a comment over this.

That's right, we may have just found the right pressure point! Pressure them into making it so as to get the media off their backs...

Hey, so long as the film goes into production, I'm grinning. :D

James

Vendetta08 said:
George Lucas has been saying the same thing for half a year.

But Lucas has only said he's "looking" for an idea. He's never said they had a story worked out- which was always the primary excuse for Indy 4's delay. Even when asked if Marion and Mutt would return- a plot point most fans seem to think they can't possibly work around- Lucas admitted he wasn't sure yet.

Ford has repeatedly said he would return, and still hasn't committed to any film roles beyond Crowley and Morning Glory. (Two relatively lightweight projects he is finishing up.)

There's already been far more sequel activity for Indy 5 than anything which followed in the wake of TOD or LC, so it appears the film has a good chance of happening. However, I'm not expecting any kind of major fanfare when it's announced. It took 18 years for them to announce Indy 4, and when they did, it was little more than a press release. I'm not even sure Spielberg wanted to do ComicCon until he realized they couldn't keep Marion's role secret much longer.

lao che & sons

Dewy9 said:
That would be interesting. They made a lot of news in '07 when they did the satellite feed from the set. They'd certainly steal the show with such an announcement.

plus this would give enough time for the merchandise companies (AHHEM, hasbro Cough Cough) to get some great toys ready and have and awesome advertising plan. If this thing is going to do well Indy needs to be rubbed in the publics faces to recover from the bad taste of KOTCS it left in some peoples mouths :rolleyes: (don't get me wrong I loved KOTCS:))If they can just stretch Indy out which is happening now because of SOK and the new lego Indiana Jones 2 game, until Indy 5 just to Keep Indy on peoples minds. Plus there are lego sets and plenty of rumors about Indy 5. :whip:

bennihana123

Steven Spielberg just finished directing the first Tintin film, and his next project looks like it would be the Abraham Lincoln film.
Lucas has the live action Star Wars show to develop, but he will probably have an advisory position or something.
Harrison Ford is finishing a film called Crowley.

Their slates are pretty much clean, but if this movie is going to happen, they need to get started now.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
ronicle said:
Totally nothing boring about Marion!!! Indy and Marion are the ultimate team! Can't wait to see them together again(and it better not be a cameo either!) Thankfully I'm pretty sure most of the Indy fan world loves Marion in Indy as much as I do.

Doesn't seem they've come up with anything exciting and new to do with her since the first film, though, does it?

Jones Disciple

Another thing I like about possibly recycling the ?Staff of Kings? for Indy 5 is that it could be used as a way to bring Abner back into the story and consequently give Marion something ?exciting and new? to do. Abner may have been obsessed with finding the Ark but could have easily stumbled upon Moses? staff given how closely related the two objects are. They have yet to explain Abner?s death, and as I understand it, the one thing Lucasfilm appears to insist on when they hire others to write stories about Indy is that they can not touch the Abner character.

Hanselation

"Neolithic" N E O

Johnny Nys said:
Movie one: Judaism
Movie two: Hinduism
Movie three: Christianity

So if you had to make a choice of the next world's religion, the "obvious" answer would be Islam.

Others would be Buddhism, Chinese traditional or African traditional.

"Neo means new, and lithic ..."

Also the next story maybe about the "Funnel Beaker Culture" and the mystery about the dolmen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolmen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalithic_tomb#Neolithic

emtiem

QBComics said:
I don't see why they couldn't have a love interest. It'd be fun to have her push on why Indy tries to keep her at bay. Have something like "Look lady, I'm married"

Yeah, I'd enjoy that- could be fun! I'd keep Marion to a cameo at home at the beginning or end (mainly just because if she came along it'd all be a bit too cosy with no character development and, frankly, Allen wasn't very good in Skull)- have Indy go on the run or something and you've got a good reason to leave Marion behind. Maybe bring Mutt along; although perhaps he and Indy only meet towards the end: have Mutt have become a G.I who hears that his dad's in trouble (from Marion I suppose), get some leave from the army and goes looking for him to help out; but he has trouble tracking him down: have him one step behind Indy most of the way! Perhaps give him a love interest, although that might be a bit too trite and obvious. I've nothing against Mutt being there but he may need to be shaken up a little bit and have a bit more of a clearly defined character.

Johnny Nys

I'm picturing a classroom scene with Mutt as a student. He's interested in a female student, but she only has eyes for good ol' dad.

Short Round versus Mutt sounds fun ("You call him Dr. Jones, I call him dad!") but I think it's one of those things that only sound fun when you're coming up with the idea, not to people who go see the finished product.

A return of Sallah would be fun. He does seem to come back every other movie ;) But he should be there not just to BE there, you know.

Wilhelm

I think Spielberg and Lucas are thinking about a TV series, not a new movie. Maybe animation with the voice of Harrison Ford and adventures set between 1938 and 1957.

The wedding in Kingdom was a perfect ending for the saga.