TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 08-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #76
DarthGemni
IndyFan

Well IJ.com hasn't updated their site with all this news yet, but SW.com has. And according to them the 4 movie box set looks like it's going to contain the recently released versions of the first 3 movies plus the 2 disc KOTCS. So I guess no "new" 2 disc for the other 3 movies, at least until they eventually come out on blue..

here is a snippet from SW.com:

**In addition, all four Indiana Jones films will be showcased in the quintessential Indiana Jones collection entitled The Complete Adventure Collection, which will include the first three films plus the two-disc Special Edition DVD of the latest installment.

Here is the link to the whole 3 page article in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.starwars.com/movies/other...80808news.html
DarthGemni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:06 AM   #77
Mutt-Jones III
IndyFan

Indy Let's celebrate!

With an Indiana Jones Marathon!

Starting in either film or chronological order, your choice, I'm starting with Raiders of the Lost Ark myself.

Get watching, get started!
Mutt-Jones III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 AM   #78
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

I've never felt like Temple of Doom was meant to be watched before Raiders. It doesn't even work that way, since some gags in Doom (ex: trying to pull out the gun), are callbacks to scenes in Raiders. I don't think by setting Temple before Raiders, that the beards were trying to create a prequel in the way people tend to think of the term. I've always viewed it as a sequel, since that's how the movie works despite the fact that story-wise it takes place earlier.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:45 AM   #79
Agent Spalko

I feel quite the opposite. The gun gag works in TOD because Indy isn't quite up to where he should be. He confidently and cockily reaches for his gun and it isn't there. Whoops. TOD is full of these moments: "I think we got a big problem," "We-are going-to die! " In Raiders he's too busy looking for Marion to deal with the Cairo Swordsman so when he reaches for his gun and shoots he has that "I don't have time for this B.S." look on his face. This time it's there. Indy is more mature in Raiders as evidenced when he first makes his entrance. He's at the top of his game here. Raiders is much more serious and mature as a film and so is the character. In Crusade, Indy regresses back to "Junior" in the presence of "Dad" illustrated in scenes like "No ticket" and the motorcycle chase. Indy smirks, he's having fun, but Henry staunchly disapproves.
Agent Spalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:17 AM   #80
Goonie
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt-Jones III
With an Indiana Jones Marathon!

Starting in either film or chronological order, your choice, I'm starting with Raiders of the Lost Ark myself.

Get watching, get started!

The true die-hard will start his marathon with My First Adventure in the Young Indiana Jones series.

I watched them all (TV movies and theatrical) in chronological order up to Crystal Skull's theatrical release, along with the Young Indy documentaries. That was a lot of Indy. (I didn't watch them back-to-back though)
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:20 AM   #81
Jeremiah Jones
IndyFan

Wheras a true true true ready to die for the honour die hard would watch all of Young Indy, followed by reading all the novels, Emperors tomb, then the films, then the comics, with Fate of Atlantis shoved somewhere in there to be played through all three times, after which is Infernal machine, the Mystery of the Blue Bookends, Crystal Skull then finally the old indiana jones bookends, back to back, in Indy gear, acting out all the fight scenes, (even in the books) without pausing for a pee break..

Now THATS a Die hard fan.

and possibly an idiot/corpse
Jeremiah Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #82
Mutt-Jones III
IndyFan

Indy I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie
The true die-hard will start his marathon with My First Adventure in the Young Indiana Jones series.

I watched them all (TV movies and theatrical) in chronological order up to Crystal Skull's theatrical release, along with the Young Indy documentaries. That was a lot of Indy. (I didn't watch them back-to-back though)

I would, and I would do all the above poster said, but I don't own all of that merchandise, no money here, it's sad really.
Mutt-Jones III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:26 AM   #83
The Man
IndyFan

Crystal Skull Easter Egg Alert: navigate your way to the 'Chapters' menu, highlight the THX icon, punch in 666 and watch George Lucas eating shredded money.
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:12 AM   #84
Zorg
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Crystal Skull Easter Egg Alert: navigate your way to the 'Chapters' menu, highlight the THX icon, punch in 666 and watch George Lucas eating shredded money.

You can also see an alternate version of the "Mutt the Ape Man" scene in which Mutt gets lost in the jungle and starts living with the monkeys.
Zorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:14 AM   #85
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

You can also see an alternate version of the "Mutt the Ape Man" scene in which Mutt gets lost in the jungle and starts living with the monkeys.

"Do I look like an apeman to you?!"
Old 08-13-2008, 07:48 AM   #86
WeAreGoingToDie
IndyFan

Thumbs up

I'm VERY excited for the 2-Disc DVD!
The 2-disc DVD/Blu-Ray art looks to have a shiny gold border, much like the silver border on the "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" 2-disc dvd sleeve. And while I really like the 1-disc box art, the teaser poster is very iconic.

I'm on the fence between the Best Buy exclusive (I'd only be spending $20 more and I'd get a statue AND another goodie from Sideshow) and the boxed set. If all four films have their slipcovers (which I'm doubting), I'll go for the set.

WeAreGoingToDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #87
Peacock's-Eye
IndyFan

Quote:

"Do I look like an apeman to you?!"
Greystoke's the f'ck!n' sh!t b!tch!
Peacock's-Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #88
jtobin13
IndyFan

extras

hope its more than behind the scenes on Indiana jones.com!!jt
jtobin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #89
DoctorEss
IndyFan

Boo.

Very disappointed. Early on, word was sent out from Lucasfilm that the new DVD would have a cover to match the existing set, so that one could take out the "Bonus Materials" disc, and have the new movie fit right in.

It's a shame to see they've scrapped that idea in favor of simply releasing a new box set.

Lame.
DoctorEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #90
Agent Spalko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

I am the Ape Man. I am the Walrus. Koo Koo Kachoo!

Agent Spalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #91
Belloq
IndyFan

Has blue ray officially become the new main market for HD dvds, like the current dvds. Or is there still this stupid feud where you have to buy two separate players in order to watch different movies from different companies, where the only people who suffer are the consumer?
Belloq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #92
sandiegojones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belloq
Has blue ray officially become the new main market for HD dvds, like the current dvds. Or is there still this stupid feud where you have to buy two separate players in order to watch different movies from different companies, where the only people who suffer are the consumer?
HDDVD is dead, there is only Blu Ray
sandiegojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #93
Mike00spy
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorEss
Boo.

Very disappointed. Early on, word was sent out from Lucasfilm that the new DVD would have a cover to match the existing set, so that one could take out the "Bonus Materials" disc, and have the new movie fit right in.

It's a shame to see they've scrapped that idea in favor of simply releasing a new box set.

Lame.

THe Cover matches the newer editions released this year. It hardly matters, though, if you have the original box set. Don't you display the box so the closed end is visible anyway?
Mike00spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #94
Raider S
IndyFan

Why do people buy different boxed sets of the same movies? How many copies of the same thing are people looking for? Then there's the Blu_ray boxed set, then the extra special super-duper boxed set...insanity!
Raider S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #95
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider S
Why do people buy different boxed sets of the same movies? How many copies of the same thing are people looking for? Then there's the Blu_ray boxed set, then the extra special super-duper boxed set...insanity!

It's pretty saucy to expect people to buy a new box-set after retailing the last one in May. If you really have to, just buy Skull on its own.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #96
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

I'm happy with my original boxed set, especially considering the newer releases feature the exact same transfers and very little exclusive bonus material, and also lacks the lengthy 2003 docs from the original release. Sign me up for the big Crystal Skull-only box thing.

And for those who want visual consistency with their original set...I'm sure Photoshop-savvy fans can help you out, or you could easily make a custom cover of your own.

Quote:
It's pretty saucy to expect people to buy a new box-set after retailing the last one in May. If you really have to, just buy Skull on its own.

A boxed set wasn't released last May, was it? It was individual re-releases of the movies. This upcoming boxed set is just a collection of those plus Crystal Skull. I agree though, the idea of re-releasing the movies without any substantial extras was stupid.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #97
mdww
IndyFan

Quote:
Isn't there a Christopher Nolan retrospective box-set due for release on October 14th? Oh, I'm quite certain that there is...

yeah, it's going to start with this year's Dark Knight, then cut to his 1997 short Doodlebug, and then continue with scenes taken from Memento and The Prestige, before concluding with some more Dark Knight.
mdww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #98
iLUVINDY
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
A boxed set wasn't released last May, was it? It was individual re-releases of the movies. This upcoming boxed set is just a collection of those plus Crystal Skull. I agree though, the idea of re-releasing the movies without any substantial extras was stupid.

So the new box set will be the DVDs released in May with the 2-Disc KOTCS in a slipcase??? or newer versions of the first 3 films. Wouldnt it be better to just buy the first 3 then separate (10 bucks each @ target) and then in Oct buy the 2-Disc edition with the Skull at Best Buy??? even if you dont have the slipcase.... is it worth to have have them with out the slipcase??
iLUVINDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #99
indyclone25
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreGoingToDie
I'm VERY excited for the 2-Disc DVD!
The 2-disc DVD/Blu-Ray art looks to have a shiny gold border, much like the silver border on the "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" 2-disc dvd sleeve. And while I really like the 1-disc box art, the teaser poster is very iconic.

I'm on the fence between the Best Buy exclusive (I'd only be spending $20 more and I'd get a statue AND another goodie from Sideshow) and the boxed set. If all four films have their slipcovers (which I'm doubting), I'll go for the set.

i'm not to thrilled about the cover for the two-disced set, it should be the movie poster and the one disc should be the teaser poster ---
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #100
vf wing
IndyFan

I think i prefer the single disc cover too, but with no John Hurt, it's still lacking.
vf wing is offline   Reply With Quote